SQ De Veer and Rachuig Nominations 2006.

bm2 said:
Jason,
First and foremost, this is not in any way a personal attack on you or your opinions ;).

ROFLMAO it never is with my posts is it

bm2 said:
Just because a WDV bowler nominates for Rachuig doesn't automatically ensure that he or she will make the team.......I would think that it should make our "star" bowlers bowl all the better - wouldn't look good if they should (shock horror :eek: ) be beaten by the likes of one of us now, would it?

Well judging on numbers for the last two years, our ladies could of taken away De Veer bowlers as they didnt need to roll off.

bm2 said:
I can honestly say that no self-respecting bowler with an average less than 170 would even dream of nominating for Rachuig, because it just isn't the done thing.

Well judging what i read earlier on in this post that is going to be happening.

bm2 said:
It is bad enough losing a match against someone in your own grading without having to suffer the humiliation of being slaughtered by a 210 +avg bowler!:rolleyes: ..

My point exactly thats why there should be a cut off.

bm2 said:
What's next - do we cap all open tournaments now with a 189 qualifying average......you guys in the winners circle would miss our voluntary contributions to your prize funds - donations we make willingly in the quest for our own improvement, and more importantly, keeping our sport alive.
just my $200 worth!:D
Broni

We are talking about representing QLD here. It’s supposedly meant to mean something and be the best Team that our state can send. Already we have issues trying to get our best team to go so why make the matter worse by allowing anyone to nominate. Next thing is we will be giving the spots away in some kind of junior raffle that we are supporting or better yet maybe give it away in a Saturday night moonlight bowling to social bowler.

From a Twin Tour point of view - hopefully we will be able to fit everyone in to the three currently available squads with 50 per squad maximum = 150 bowlers on 20 lanes.....however, if needed there are 22 lanes at Greenslopes allowing for another 5 per squad - a grand total of 165 bowlers.......in my wildest dreams, I could not even imagine THAT MANY bowlers here in Sth. Qld......needless to say, we are organized for that possibility and challenge....another squad???? No comment at this stage - turn anyone away - ME ??????

Good advertising for TBA, Rachuig and De Veer at last !!! Let us fervently hope that this translates into many nominations.

FLOWER

The Spanner said:
So why aren't the best bowlers nominating?

Spanner not sure where you’re trying to head with this but i will tell you that cost is a factor for one. Time off work is another! I thought you of all people being involved with it all in the past and the discussions you and i have had regarding Rachuig and De Veer, and reading other posts regarding cost and commitment on here could answer your own question!

I mean we struggled to get a team to show up to practice last year De Veer or Rachuig and that was a team that had bothered to nominate and roll off.

Maybe you have some Ideas on how to fix that solution?
Are you suggesting that lower average bowlers would be more committed? If that’s so than yeah I am all for the idea.

Not trying to head anywhere with it Jase .. just trying to get the best players involved and passionate about representing, whether it be De Veer or Rachuig. There are so many good players that dont even try, maybe we should sit at the table at the Twin Tour and ask them why they aren't rolling off.

I understand that there is now prizemoney involved with Rachuig ... maybe that might bring some of them out. At least that is a start.

I'm not suggesting that the lower average bowlers are more committed, but i think that having to earn your spot by way of a roll off is a good start. We struggle to get numbers... but you should still have to earn your spot.

Jase said:
Spanner not sure where you’re trying to head with this but i will tell you that cost is a factor for one. Time off work is another! I thought you of all people being involved with it all in the past and the discussions you and i have had regarding Rachuig and De Veer, and reading other posts regarding cost and commitment on here could answer your own question!
I mean we struggled to get a team to show up to practice last year De Veer or Rachuig and that was a team that had bothered to nominate and roll off.
Maybe you have some Ideas on how to fix that solution?
Are you suggesting that lower average bowlers would be more committed? If that’s so than yeah I am all for the idea.

Well, actually you might be right there Jase. Yes, I am more committed! I am a single mum who did without a hell of a lot to bowl at nationals the last two years...unpaid time of work also. I have never missed training in two years, wouldn't dream of missing it. I am prepared to train hard and do whatever I need to do to be 'good enough'. In fact I am moving to Brisbane for my bowling. Is that dedicated enough?

Ice said:
Well, actually you might be right there Jase. Yes, I am more committed! I am a single mum who did without a hell of a lot to bowl at nationals the last two years...unpaid time of work also. I have never missed training in two years, wouldn't dream of missing it. I am prepared to train hard and do whatever I need to do to be 'good enough'. In fact I am moving to Brisbane for my bowling. Is that dedicated enough?

=D> =D> =D> =D>

We all have our own reasons and problems ice.

hi guys,
just thought i would throw my two cents worth in and this is just my opinion.
In TQI for east coast a couple of years ago we changed the rules on how to nominate for eccc, we used to have max 186 men ave,max 174 women ave for adult graded team similar to TBA. we changed it as one year a couple bowlers bowled well enough to make open mens team that year with around 187 ave, that was a great effort but when team went away to bowl eccc they struggled against real open bowlers who can consistently bowl 220.
so we changed rules so that you can nominate for graded or open what ever your ave is, but not for both. we found that most bowlers with a 194 up tryed open and rest graded in mens. i am one of the 180+ ave bowlers who likes to bowl touraments but i know until i can bowl 195+ ave all year i would not waist my time trying out for rachuig.
also i think you should only be able to nominate for one not both.
thanks
fred desmier

flinstone said:
hi guys,
just thought i would throw my two cents worth in and this is just my opinion.
In TQI for east coast a couple of years ago we changed the rules on how to nominate for eccc, we used to have max 186 men ave,max 174 women ave for adult graded team similar to TBA. we changed it as one year a couple bowlers bowled well enough to make open mens team that year with around 187 ave, that was a great effort but when team went away to bowl eccc they struggled against real open bowlers who can consistently bowl 220.
so we changed rules so that you can nominate for graded or open what ever your ave is, but not for both. we found that most bowlers with a 194 up tryed open and rest graded in mens. i am one of the 180+ ave bowlers who likes to bowl touraments but i know until i can bowl 195+ ave all year i would not waist my time trying out for rachuig.
also i think you should only be able to nominate for one not both.
thanks
fred desmier

=D> =D> =D> =D>

Well said Fred couldnt agree more with your opinion.

ok....wading into this is not something I wanted to do, but, like everyone else I have an opinion. I can see why De Veer bowlers would nominate for Rauchig, after all aren't the De Veer bowlers eventually potential Rauchig bowlers anyway, and I personally have no issues with any bowlers (of any average) nominating for the Rauchig team, the more the merrier.

However, I think that you need to decide which team you are nominating for, and commit to that. after all if you do happen to make both teams (and that would be a huge effort in itself) there are, twice as many uniforms, twice as many practice sessions, twice as much fundraising, just to name a few things. It would be a huge commitment if you make one team, let alone both.

I guess in short I agree with Fred's comments that perhaps a rule change is in order so that you have to choose which team you are nominating for. As for average limits - if you can only nominate for one or the other, what difference do average limits make ?

Just my thoughts........

The Spanner said:
So do we go back to everyone submitting a resume and the board picks the top 7 players to be the team?

The board will do what ever they please. They set the guide lines. We are just here to give our own opinions on what we think. I think that selection process went out years ago Spanner.

Hey Graham i see the bulls line up is a little thin maybe they will select you from the 5th grade cricket your playing at the moment.:p :p

Come one we are not trying to reinvent the wheel here.

one would think that if you can nominate for both (and make both teams) then you can bowl both ...someone will correct me if I am wrong (of that I have no doubt)

There is nothing to prevent a bowler from nominating for both Teams. However as Dale says there will be double the expenses and double the work load for any bowler who successfully makes both teams. This has been discussed and in the unlikely event of that happening there will be certain additional requirements imposed on the bowler.

Jason don't rule out the possibility of total selection in the near future.

Jase said:
Come one we are not trying to reinvent the wheel here.

I agree Jase, we are just trying to get the best 7 available players. If some want to make themselves unavailable, who do we replace them with? The committed 170 avg bowler who did all the right things by turning up to the roll off, paying the fees and having a go, or the 190 bowler who 'forgot it was on' or ' couldn't be bothered rolling off'.

I just hope we get enough numbers in some of the teams to have decent roll offs and not be scrounging around for team members, like both Rachuig and De Veer in SQ have had to do in the recent past. I hope this is a step in the right direction.

Dale ... if someone made both teams, maybe we should make them pick one or the other? It would be a pretty good effort to do it anyway ..

Ice said:
Dale, I don't have any intention of bowling both...is that even allowed????

Didn't Coral Haworth roll in both a couple of years ago?

and Terri from WA did it this year I think.

The Spanner said:
if someone made both teams, maybe we should make them pick one or the other? It would be a pretty good effort to do it anyway ..

I agree marto, a great effort, and yes I think that should it happen that they should be made to pick which team they want to play for.

Andrew S. said:

I cant say that I would be in favour of going back to selection. Perhaps someone can convince me of the benefits.

Andrew S. said:

Andrew i actually think that this idea could work again if done correctly.

I am a firm believer in the fact that you bowl for the state you first represented and not a fan of drafting to fill spots.

A few of us have discussed the idea of people moving interstate and representing another team. I would think that a National player pool would be a great idea and you could submit tournament results, leagues averages and state championship results. From there all states could dip in and take the players who have represented there state in the past or are eligible to represent there state and fill the Rachuig teams from there both men and woman.

Peter as for picking one or the other why not do it before they start not after. Doing it after doesn’t always make it farer on the other players.

Back
Top Bottom