SQ De Veer and Rachuig Nominations 2006.

The Spanner

Tenpin's Jamie Lyon
Steve Hampson will be nominating for Rachuig ... good on you Steve, and good luck.

I'll be nominating for De Veer again ...

anyone else want to declare their intentions?

Peter Martin

If I can meet eligibility requirements I will nominate for both Rachuig and De Veer and see how I go. If not I will come to Tassie especially just to steal your mascott....again!!!! And this time I might keep it! ;) LOL

i will more than likely try for de veer
although i have not bowled for a long time
can i ask what averages do people trying out for de veer have
and what average they expect to shoot while trying out
thankyou
daniel

It doesn't make any difference Daniel what your average is for De Veer! Give it a go and Good luck!

Can you nominate for both, can you ? I thought your average decided which one you could roll off for.

If you are rolling off for SQ you better get your name in, looks like it is filling fast, should be a good turn out for all.

Do you restrict number's in Sth QLD? :confused:

Gary..........................:cool: ( Go Vic's )

Ps. i wont be nominating ( HA HA )

Our Roll Offs are being held in one of Mary Flowers Twin Tours. There are three squads to choose from and they are filling fast, which is a great thing for the twin tour and for Rachuig and De Veer. So no dont restrict anyone from bowling I am sure Mary will fit everyone in where she can, just as we all know you can only fit so many people in squads.

Well i don't agree that De Veer bowlers can nominate for Rachuig!

I actually thought there would have been some kind of ruling that stipulated that if your average was say 189 and above that you should be eligible for Rachuig. If it was 188 and below than you could only be eligible for De Veer.

I mean lets face it Rachuig is meant to be the Pinnacle of our sport! Why they wouldn't have this kind of ruling in place is beyond me. I mean how good it would be to send a team away of say 140 average bowlers just because they didn’t get the numbers at nomination time. I think a state or two a couple of years ago did something along these lines and saw the consequences.

That would be for the good of the sport now wouldn’t it?

Just my thoughts.

Good luck to all that are rolling off!

For the last 2 years in South Qld we have only had 6 womens nominations for Rachuig. We had to go out and 'source' the additional team member. The way the rule stands at the moment any eligible bowler regardless of average can nominate for Rachuig.
So there is a very real chance of a low average bowler making the team.
Jason has a very good point in suggesting a minimum average requirement.

The Spanner said:
So where do you make the cutoff ... ?

What's wrong with the cut off i just suggested?
It gives it a wide range for both parties. I mean you could step it up too say 194 and below and 195 and above with the way averages are in centers these days.

Now tell me who on a 194 average wants to play handicap against 120 odd average bowlers??? Comes a point when you feel the need to play scratch because it gets too hard.

Most averages are dependent on the centre you bowl at too ... If you are bowling at somewhere like Kedron, with a 185 avg, you'd probably be over 200 anywhere else.

Isn't that why they have a roll off at one centre .. so it's equal for everyone?

Jase said:
Well i don't agree that De Veer bowlers can nominate for Rachuig!
I actually thought there would have been some kind of ruling that stipulated that if your average was say 189 and above that you should be eligible for Rachuig. If it was 188 and below than you could only be eligible for De Veer.
I mean lets face it Rachuig is meant to be the Pinnacle of our sport! Why they wouldn't have this kind of ruling in place is beyond me. I mean how good it would be to send a team away of say 140 average bowlers just because they didn’t get the numbers at nomination time. I think a state or two a couple of years ago did something along these lines and saw the consequences.
That would be for the good of the sport now wouldn’t it?
Just my thoughts.
Good luck to all that are rolling off!
Jason,
First and foremost, this is not in any way a personal attack on you or your opinions ;).

Just because a WDV bowler nominates for Rachuig doesn't automatically ensure that he or she will make the team.......I would think that it should make our "star" bowlers bowl all the better - wouldn't look good if they should (shock horror :eek: ) be beaten by the likes of one of us now, would it?

There are quite a few "lower average" bowlers who are on the upper end of WDV qualifying average levels (ie, 170+F, 180+ M)....why shouldn't they have a go for Rachuig? Isn't that what we are supposed to aspire to? There is nothing else for those "tweenies". I can honestly say that no self-respecting bowler with an average less than 170 would even dream of nominating for Rachuig, because it just isn't the done thing. It is bad enough losing a match against someone in your own grading without having to suffer the humiliation of being slaughtered by a 210 +avg bowler!:rolleyes: .

What's next - do we cap all open tournaments now with a 189 qualifying average......you guys in the winners circle would miss our voluntary contributions to your prize funds - donations we make willingly in the quest for our own improvement, and more importantly, keeping our sport alive.

just my $200 worth!:D

Broni

Back
Top Bottom