Sport Series 4 Squad Lists

bfcc

hi all, the 4th tourny is starting to get full so book now so u don't miss out. a squad is full and only 8 spots left in b squad(we will extend if we get enough bowlers).

a squad
carl bottomley
dave hardy
jeff brigg
barry morgan
broni morgan
ted frost
amanda frost
jason bates
brian bates
tony hamilton
george frilingos
brian pilkington
kate wilton
darryl allford
nev castle
mark lawnton
bruce doig
daniel

b squad
shane hurst
shane melton
adam lack
kylie lack
mick holmes
vaughn white
peter lingaurd
garry bernardin
craig mccloskley

(sorry for the spelling )

anyone wanting to bowl can leave a post here or email or phone me(32036372). looking forward to seeing everyone on the day seems like we are starting to get a family feeling to the series looking at the names entered.

well sunday is shaping up as a big day with all the big guns in form should make for an interesting 10 games.
nsw open

1st george
2nd brando
12th carl

sa seniors
1st jagga

australian masters
1st ben coupland

caboolture open
1st george
2nd brando
3rd mick (fag) holmes

not too mention the 300 shooters
ben coupland
brian pilkington

the bookies will have a hard day sorting out the betting on this one, maybe george would like to try and set some odds???

so lets see how the guys go on a sports pattern.

Sports Series no.4 is here and a 46ft pattern says that this one will sort out the men from the little boys. Time for a little fun as Jeff discussed so here are my odds on how things will pan out. Don't take them too seriously, its just a bit fun...........

SQUAD A

carl bottomley - EVENS - With 2 wins this year and a 3rd placing Carl is always a tough one to beat on these relatively wet tracks. Probably QLD's most decorated bowler he's been in good form and the distance here should suit him to a tee. A sure top 3 placing.

dave hardy - 150 to 1 - This 3 legged donkey has struggled to compete with the young stallions of today but in saying that always likes a wet Track. Is a definite roughy but cant be discarded unless another leg breaks.

jeff brigg - 120 to 1 - This injured muel has dropped some weight going into the race but is almost untried at the distance. A lefty which usually helps at this track, his chances are like a box of choclates, you just dont know what your gonna get!

barry morgan - 15 to 1 - In good form coming off a win but this wetter track may prove to be too much of a challenge. Expect a flying start but we will have to see if he'll be there at the finish

broni morgan - 150 to 1 - Barry's stable mate is always a consistant racer but her ability to mix it with the big male horses has always had a question mark above it. A roughy in the field

ted frost - 25 to 1 - This big horse doesnt mess around and track size or condition doesnt seem to faze him. A consistant local who has the ability to finish well, look for him late in the day with a strong finish.

amanda frost - 18 to 1 - One of QLD's most promising up and coming fillies is racing on her home track. The conditions may not suit her this time but her spare shooting will keep her in the hunt. A good chance.

jason bates - 150 to 1 - Son of Brian young jason has only run a few races and these conditions will certainly be a challenge. May even run off the course with a few games to go, needs some more training.

brian bates - 16 to 1 - Owner of the Track and a regular starter in these events Brian is a good reliable horse. This track wont be to his liking but nothing a small bribe can't fix to the track officals. Watch out for this one.

tony hamilton - 8 to 1 - A horse which has been in poor form of late and has struggled on similar tracks. Has the ability and races under his belt, question mark over his form though? A real mystery, maybe he should change jockeys?

george frilingos - UNABLE TO POST ODDS (related to the bookie, conflict of interest)

brian pilkington - 5 to 1 - An up and coming horse who has been in exceptional form of late. Maybe because of his new stable mate who knows? but is a real contender and should feature in the top 5 places somewhere.

kate wilton - 6 to 1 - Probably the best filly we have in QLD, coming off a great finish at the NSW Open she will be a real contender. Hasn't really raced on these tracks before but her experience will put her in good stead.

darryl allford - 24 to 1 - QLD's only spinner has struggled of late and after his mother beat him up last week in league must have his confidence shattered. Another beating like that will see this young horse sent to the glue factory. That should be motivation enough to start performing better.

nev castle - 8 to 1 - This old horse is a home track favourite though he has struggled on the distance previously. A reliable finisher the lefty should once again put in a good show.

mark lawnton - 16 to 1 - This local horse has been up and down in form of late. Has the ability but this change in track conditions may throw him, still must be considered.

bruce doig - 50 to 1 - This local horse has been improving by the race and it wont be long before he breaks through for a win or a place. Untried on this new condition but can't be discarded, maybe one for the trifecta.

daniel - no odds able to be posted, no details on horse history

B Squad

shane hurst - 60 to 1 - A good horse on the improve with his recent starts. The track maybe uncharted territoy and his his early speed may cost him, cant be discounted though.

shane melton - 60 to 1 - Another quality local horse on the improve. Racing up a couple of classes this race it will give him good experience for further races. Still a chance though, watch for him late

adam lack - 10 to 1 - This local horse is a consistant finisher and his recent racing experience will help him in this race. A good horse with a simple game plan, is a definite chance in the race. Good each way bet

kylie lack - 30 to 1 - This stable mate of Adam is a bolter! Has a lot of speed but prove her downfall on this wet track. A consistant horse, capable of a good finish. Watch for her early

mick holmes - 20 to 1 - aka Jesus aka Fag aka Idiot this mutant clysdale has been up and down in form of recent. Preformed well 2 weeks ago on this track but this wet Track might have him baffled. With a Superfreak up his sleeve (and also down his pants his wife says) he might have the right jockey this time. A real mystery that many people are still trying to figure out.

vaughn white - 40 to 1 - A seasoned starter has made some changes to race tatics and to date they havent worked to well. With no hair this horse certainly stands out, could win the race or finish last, a real wild card

peter lingaurd - 40 to 1 - A seasoned local has been on the improve. A good finish 2 weeks ago, the distance may prove to be a little too long but his recent performances will see him through. A place chance.

garry bernardin - 12 to 1 - This very very experienced horse has raced almost every Track there is too race. Was in great form at the start of the year but has struggled lately. Has the ablility and maybe the wetter Track is just what he needs. Must be considered.

craig mccloskley - 18 to 1 - A young horse who has upstaged some older horses recently. Has been in good form of late but is stepping up a class in this race. With a good jockey on board should do well. A chance

hi all we had a couple of scratching and a couple of late entries so here are the squads again-

a squad
daniel
carl bottomely
lawrie (animal) hill
jagga
broni
ted frost
amanda frost
jason bates
tony hamilton
george frilingos
brian bates
brian pilkington
darryl allford
nifty castle
mark lawnton
kate wilton
bruce doig
jeff brigg

b squad
shane melton
ben coupland
chris quaill
dave hardy
mick holmes
vaughn white
peter linguard
gary bernardin
craig mccloskey
dareen gallagher
scott saddler
brando
ben taylor
wade goddard
leigh mccloud

still room for more so if u want to bowl leave a post here or ring me . i will see everyone else on sunday.

odds for george !!!! even money
george comes into today with great current form after 3 wins from his last 3 starts(nsw,caboolture open,sport series3) all were on good tracks but the wet flat conditions might upset this professional :shock: :shock: oops i mean amatuer!!!! :p :p

remember everyone the odds were done for fun so have a laugh and relax :D :D

Well after reading these interesting odds and fine form for some, I have a winner picked out. :lol: :lol:
But if anyone is interested on making some money on the side, then brackets are the way to go. As usual I will be there early to take names. So make sure you are in early so that you don't miss out !!!!!!!!!!!!
The way George has come up with these fine odds and form, anyone would think he is a PROFESSIONAL at this. Hope I can mention that without being told all the rules. :lol: :wink:
It would be really good for an Australian Rep. to bowl in the Sport Series instead of just a left handed hasbeen. :lol: :lol: :lol:

CHEERS...................
see ya all Sunday

I'll be there early on the sidelines with you dwambo. Can't miss an opportunity to take George's money. hahaha :p

Hi Brian,
Now that i have eluded Georges odds can you put my name down for the afternoon squad.

Thanks,
Ronnie

hi ronnie , jeff here i will put u in b squad and see u on sunday and i am sure george will do a update shortly for the guys he missed :D :D :D :wink:

Put me down Jeff cause I'd just love to read what George has to say for the fun of it. Won't be bowling tho of coarse. :p

Chant

What does it spell???????????????Mick..
hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
Who loves ya baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lmao :D :D :D :D :D :D

Jungle Georges Odds

Seeing George was unable to formulate a price and form for himself I thought I'd give it a go.

Odds: Evens but is expected to be the firmer on track given previous form.

Form: This is a well travelled seasoned animal. Last run was in stiffer company and still finished well ahead of a quality field. Would expect a weight penalty after his last win but due to the vagaries of the game will not receive one. Has shown a liking for the track with the days distance being the only query.

Does have the disadvantage of trying to reach the line on the wrong foot but manages to make it work for him. Is able to produce the Double HANDED NO THUMB run which has proven successful in the past on this sort of distance.

Will be well supported and expected to firm in on the day.

However the only worry is that the track can be a bit slippery. Should the worst occur and poor George snaps a leg in the run, I believe the owners have made the decision that due to a lack of mares being booked to George at STUD this quality animal would have to be put down.

Just some additions and late riding changes to the field

New starters

Ben Coupland - 10 to 1 - This young horse recently ran a perfect race and has an effective and simple race plan. Has struggled of late with running with the bigger horses but that illusive win may just be around the corner. Must be considered on this tougher track

Chris quaill - 12 to 1 - An experienced horse is just getting back into form after a spell. With a little horse on the way his mind may wonder from the track. Has good credentials and can't be dismissed. Safe each way bet

Scott Sadler - 8 to 1 - A quality horse who just working his way back from a lengthy spell with his stable mate. Has an impressive resume but has not been able to find form or distance to suit. May struggle with the change in track. Look for a strong finish late, very late

Brando - 2 to 1 - A fine horse who comes off 2 x 2nd placings behind a well renouned Stallion 'Frilingreek'. Out of 'Big Waz' and 'Narellie' this young thorough bred has shown he is a contender in every race. With the Stallion 'Frilingreek' racing again it would appear Brando maybe battling it out for 2nd. We will have to wait and see, a strong chance, a sure placing but does he have enough to get over the line?

Ronnie Conquest - 150 to 1 - This left footed ass has struggled on just about every Track he has raced. Brings no form into the race, nor any ability what so ever. He is a great swimmer though and this wet Track will suit his usual mud bathes he likes to take. Better chance of winning the lotto than backing this ass!

Changes to odds and form

Craig McClosky - 5 to 1 (firm) - after shooting 836 just the other day this young horse is very keen to step up to the big time. Has proven he can mix with the big horses. This may be his best chance yet even though the wet track may not suit.

more odds to come

MORE STARTERS

Darren Gallagher - 20 to 1 - A local galloper with not alot of track races under his belt. Shows little or no ability in his weekly races and people have even questioned if he is actually a horse or a deformed donkey or some sort. With a good jockey on board he can cope with the wet track but has he got the mental game to go the distance?

Ben Taylor - 60 to 1 - Another local horse who is racing up a few classes in this one. Good experience for the young horse and it wont be the last time we see him. Probably wont finish in the places but will go all the way unlike several other horses/animals in the race.

Wade Goddard - 60 to 1 - A local youngerster is racing up several classes in this race. Has responded well to threats in the past and a good beating is maybe what this young horse needs. Will start strong but is easily lead a stray. May not even finish the race if distracted too much.....

Leigh McCloud - 50 to1 - A local galloper who recent form has not that been that strong on the tougher tracks. Has a good feel for this track but the wet conditions may have him beat. What for him early on the fresh.

Gee George, that was a bit rough! :(

And after all we have been through together! I thought you said you where going to stop teasing me about being a bad bowler on the condition that i didn't tell anyone that you only had one testicle!

Last time i make a deal with you, next time i make a deal with someone i'm going to seek the advice of a PROFESSIONAL first! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom