South Strathfield bowl up for sale?

Wouldn't surprise me. That land would be worth more than than the business in all likelyhood.

1km from where I work. Never seen it busy. The bowl is nice. Very spacious. Anyone want go halves?

The lanebeds are terrible, I reckon the pinsetters are probably in need of a major overhaul too. If I were contemplating buying a business/land package like this, I would be tearing down the bowling alley & build an apartment block.

Well the listing has been removed, spoke to the realty and 6months ago when it was up you only needed a cool $10 mil.

Looking at the address - that used to be 'Enfield' Bowl ??? If so, first bowl I worked in. Must have been all of those 51 years ago. I thought it was 52 !!

Your right Jim it was the old Enfield Bowl, though it had the Machines replaced in about the year 2000 ex Machines from Central Park Lanes in the Central Coast ( these machines I actually went to Japan to check them out before they were shipped to Australia in 1981) I worked at Enfield in the 1970's. AMF pulled out of Enfield and took out all the Lanes and machines a few years ago and an Independent Guy rebuilt the Centre the same as happened at Fairfield Bowl

willey

Hi Jim

I too have fond memories of Enfield Bowl, I had my first 300 there
in 5 man teams ID in 1984.

Anyway back to the observations made on this thread from all those listed above

Last week I did the lane measure and accreditation process at this Centre
which, after a few repairs, they have passed.

The property is for sale but the Bowling Centre business is remaining.
The Bowling Centre business could be for sale on it's own or as a total freehold package.

For those of us who have owned and or run a Centre we know just how
many hours are involved, when it is your own, and how much hard work it can be.
I can understand why people would like, or need , to get out after a while.

Hope that clears up any misconceptions and concerns

Cheers
Geoff

Back
Top Bottom