shield trials

Hm, you all just got told!! 8)
Anyway, when I saw Matt bowling, he was bowling fine and anyway, even if he didnt, what ya gunna do? Its in the past we all have our bad games and if the coach thought he was bowling bad Im sure they would have sat him out.
But yeah, I wanna know who will be rolling off for W.A, good luck to all of ya and I'll catchya round.

Jen

Yeah I have to agree with Jen, Matt bowled quite well, he did get over excited but then again who didnt at their first shield?

Good Luck to everyone rolling off for next year, I'm comin to watch ya's, so better make it a good roll off :D :D :D

shield trails..

hey ppl....ive got some bad news...its that i might not b able to try out for shield this year due to breaking my foot this morning in a car crash but i was lookin forward to wanting to try out but i dont think it will happen for me this year :cry:

bye bye
emma

yeh...so how u all been?? Everyone getting excited of shield trails soon... anyone know how many they got and who they all are??

After what seems like an eternity of hype, the trials for the WA shield team are FINALLY here :D

From word around the bowls, looks like there is going to be about the same amount as last year trying out for the teams. But hopefully we see at least 10 girls put their name down, and then over the next few years see the nomination rate incline to over 15 girls, as what it was in 2000 - made it a lot harder to make the team, rather than the walk-in it seems to be now. Sad but unfortunately true :(

Anyway, there should be mostly familiar faces in the guys team this year, with Gaz, the 2 Mitch's (Macho and Edom), and Matt - wouldn't be surprised if this was top 4. "Little Macho" to scrape in too :p

For the girls, Alli defintely top qualifier, Naomi (if she is trying out). Last years State Master's winner Simone should be up there too for the top 3. And Alli, that bet is still on :D

Should be a great, if not interesting, 3 days. Only 2 weeks to go boys and girls :D

i reckon it hasnt been a walk in. for the girls maybe because hardly anyone tried out, but for the guys it was a lot harder. look at it this way

Boys 2002
Michael Cox
Me
Chris Hall
Karl Clark
Ben McLoughlin
Allan Gilbert
Matt Kilgren (OK subbing for Colin Fiedler)

Only one had been in the team before (michael), with ben being a reserve in 2001. That means 6 newbies out of 7, 8 if u include colin.

Boys 2003
Me
Ben
Tom
Mike Wilkey
Brendan Payne
Kim Edwards
David Wilcox

Again this time we had 5 newbies, with myself and ben bowling the year before. It was a struggle for positions when some of us started bowling bad and slipped places during trials, and tom finishing ahead of ben after making up around 100 pins.

Boys 2004
Me again
Gary Ribbans
Mitch Edom
Mitch Marris
Matt Watson
Jay Ovens
Dean Adamson

Again 6 newbies in the team, who did an awesome effort this year. And the two who noone ever expected, jay and dean, beat some of the better ones like tom mike and david.

So this year will have its suprises, if mitchx2, matt and gary bowl well then they will be the "walk ins" I dont have a particular list but my top 4 are mitch e ben tom and mitch m.

To you all trying out good luck and i will go down and watch you's as i promised.

Later
Adrian

Read it again Adrian. It was the girls I was talking about :D

The guys have always had around the 25 mark for trials... the girls numbers are dwindling :(

GO BEN AND TOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, i'm going to Sydney on Wednesday (for 4-5 weeks) for work commitments and can't come down and watch. :(

well...maybe this year of you all that are tryin out there will be alot of girl.... there isnt many good ones out there...or if there is they dont stay arolund 4 to long...get bored of it i think....

Back
Top Bottom