Sharp Champion of Champions 2008????

track_and_columbia

Zoned In On Tenpin
Hey all,

just wondering when and/or if the CoC will be on, also where...? will it still be at Greenslopes or will it be moved to another centre...? i saw in another post that it is slated to be the 25th and 26th (roughy) of october, if it is on i would like to put my name down for the latest squad whether that be like normal or if it will be a different format this year..

Thanks guys,

Phillip Fagg

just wondering why anything hasnt come out yet then... this is starting to become a real big problem in bowling that everything is getting done at the last minute... i would like a solid answer from either TBA, TBAQ or the tournament director themselves as to why nothing has come out yet for this tournament when it is less than 2 months away... This sort of thing and not money is what is driving young people away from the sport, because they cant fit tournaments around a schedule that has been planned for at least 6-7 months... If they had more time, i am sure 90% would find the time and money to be able to bowl in alot more tournaments. I would like an answer to these questions please, before we lose more youth bowlers???

Thanks,
Phillip Fagg

You need to adress this question solely to the tournament promoters. This has nothing to do with either TBAQ or TBA.

The only tournaments TBA or TBAQ are involved in are their own Masters events at State or National Level. Nationally, TBA does the accreditation of a tournament if the promoters require accreditation but really the general business of advertising and promotion are down to the tournament officials themselves.
Qld is about to construct an events calendar for next year which hopefully will help out in the future planning of major events. I believe Victoria have followed our lead and are having their own meeting later in the year.

just wondering why anything hasnt come out yet then... this is starting to become a real big problem in bowling that everything is getting done at the last minute... i would like a solid answer from either TBA, TBAQ or the tournament director themselves as to why nothing has come out yet for this tournament when it is less than 2 months away... This sort of thing and not money is what is driving young people away from the sport, because they cant fit tournaments around a schedule that has been planned for at least 6-7 months... If they had more time, i am sure 90% would find the time and money to be able to bowl in alot more tournaments. I would like an answer to these questions please, before we lose more youth bowlers???
Thanks,
Phillip Fagg

going to add to what phill has said

K&K squads list went up before the new year... and look how big it was?

sydney youth cup... i think 4-5 months(maybe less) before the tournament was on, and squad lists were up then.. wasnt as big as K&K.. but it was still big compared to the number of entries other youth events get

not saying that any tournament directors are bad... but there is nothing wrong with taking a few tips on improving...

my 2c's..............

Just spoken to management at G/Slopes it is definately going ahead they are just waiting on the entry form to come back from the publisher, and it will be up straight away.

Dates will be 15/16th November

You may start putting names down here if you wish they are taking names.

Thanks Rachael

Could you please put the following pople into A squad;

Kara Triulcio
Marc Triulcio
Ben Coupland
Bianca Flanagan

Thank you.
Kara.

Back
Top Bottom