Sharp Plywood/Coke Junior Champion of Champions -- Date Grab

H

Hedley

OK all you Junior Champs, it's on again this year, so make sure you mark down October 20/21 as the dates for the 2001 Sharp Plywood/Coca-Cola Junior Champion of Champions. This premier Tournament will, again, be held at Greenslopes, Brisbane and the format will be similar to last year except that there will be a return to the separate Divisions for Girls and Boys. See girls, the tournament organisers do listen to your "feed-back".
icon_wink.gif
The entry forms are going through the final stages of preparation and should be out in the next few weeks.

sounds like fun!!!!!!

ill be there...what are the turn outs like headly.....who won it last year????

Belmo,

Last year's turn-out was about 67 (male plus female) but I know the organisers are working hard to lift the numbers this year.

Jason Lambert (GO SQ!!) had a fantastic Matchplay session (12 games, including a positional round) on the Sunday afternoon and won in a canter. Your FIQ and NSW Central team mate, Chris Warner, had a BIG lead after the 16 games of qualifying (12 games in Stage 1 on Saturday and 4 games in Stage 2 on Sunday morning). However, pinfall was dropped at that stage and the 12 finalists all started from scratch. Chris should have been
icon_smile.gif

It's a pity you had Year 12 Exams last year, I think the condition at Greenslopes would have suited you. Jason, go-get-em in Dubai and then come home and enjoy a "ripper" 18th.

Hey thats GREAT news about the 2 divisions going back it was great bowling against the guys last year but...... i can't wait to fight it out against the girls again this year. Also can't wait to get up there for Nats
icon_smile.gif
it's gonna be a great year again!

Chat Later
Lil Leisa

After traveling 6 and a half hour on a plane to get to brissie just to bowl well when it came down to it , it was very dissapointing
icon_confused.gif
. the lane conditions where patchy dry head and **** house back end , so all together i felt that it wasnt worth the trip . I no it is a big tournament for juniors and not unless the could rectify the conditions you will not get me to tralel 6 hours to bowl on **** lanes when i could stay here in perth to do that lol.
icon_sad.gif

Jason,

Last year's published 1st prize (that's the only one that would be of interest to you
icon_wink.gif
) was $1,000 plus a spot in the following year's event (if eligible). However, this was based on 80 entries (Boys plus Girls) and it got wound back to $800 because the numbers were only 67. Second prize was originally $800 (reduced to $600), with payment down to $140 (reduced to $85) for 24th place. Because of the return to two Divisions for the final this year, the prize fund will be different. I'll post the details here when the form comes out and arrange for one to be mailed to you.

Scottie,

The organisers listened to the girls' comments last year and reinstated the separate Division for the girls in 2001.
icon_smile.gif
I'm sure they will be just as keen to listen to your feedback too and will try to improve the lane conditions this year to provide a fair shot for everyone. I'll give them a copy of your post. You can't write-off a great tournament like the Sharp Plywood/Coca-Cola Junior Champion of Champions on the basis of one year's results. As you said, it's a big tournament for the Juniors. This is it's 30th year, and it's been won by some real big names in the past, including: Carl, Cara, Billy, Amanda and both the Walsh brothers. So, come on over and renew your personal duel with Belmo AND the Greenslopes lanes.

headly.........
im countung the days..ill be there....and i hope we get a bit more of a turn out.......one more ?
what is the prize money like!!!!

SCOTTY dont be like that....u know u crush it on every condtion the world has to offer

Back
Top Bottom