Storm SECRET AGENT

taker

D-GENERATION X RULES
We have a rogue agent in our midst. Intelligence has reported that our EMC™ weight block, along with our top secret formula for the R2S™ LT Hybrid micro additive coverstock, has been stolen. If these highly reactive elements are combined, the fate of our world is at the hands of the person who wields its power. Your mission is to find the Secret Agent™ and bring it back safely. The agency is depending on you - DO NOT FAIL.
SECRET AGENT™ Technical Specifications Coverstock R2S™ LT Hybrid Particle
Weight Block EMC™ Enhanced Motion Control
Ball Color Silver/Plum/Ocean Blue
Ball Finish 4000-Grit Abralon
Durometer 74-76 Rex D-scale
Flare Potential 5"-6" (High)
Fragrance Plum
Weights 10 - 16 lbs.
SKU# TSZ
SECRET AGENT™ Ball Dynamics Ball Weight Radius of Gyration Differential Mass Bias Diff.
16# 2.46 0.052
15# 2.48 0.055
14# 2.51 0.049

Attachments

• secret_agent_a.jpg
    secret_agent_a.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 6
That's copied and pasted from the web... Not exactly a review. I hope you don't do your homework like this...

Drilled up a Secret Agent earlier on this week. All I have to say is WOW, this baby has traction!

Ball is 15lb, 2.5 top weight, 3in pin. Laid out 4 1/4 pin to PAP with the pin right next the ring finger, CG 2in from centre of grip with a weight hole on the PAP.

Bowled with it out of the box on HPL lanes, house shot at my local centre (which happened to be fairly slick that day) and found that the ball just had too much backend for my style. I have a fairly low degree of axis tilt and the ball just seemed to set up at 30ft and roll out.

So back to the proshop and the magic of abralon! Despite Storm stating that the Secret Agent is factory finished with 4000 abralon, I took mine back to 1000, then 2000 and 4000 abralon and the difference from the factory finish was quite pronounced.

Back on the lanes a couple of days later on and this ball was the goods! Now with a little more shine the secret cleared the heads with relative ease before unleashing an early but extremely continuous and aggressive arc to the pocket. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of energy retention this ball had when it reached the pocket, as this layout is not for this type of lane pattern (well not for my style anyway).

This ball will be my no.1 choice on long patterns or when the backends get greasy. It has loads of grunt and should be able to bite through the carrydown with ease.

I will post more details on my thoughts and experiences with this ball once I get a few more games under my belt with it.

Stay tuned

CT

have mind drill pretty standard pin above ring finger CG center.
one word for this ball is control.

I have never used a ball that is so easy to control. This is my first ball i reach for on the fresh as it doesnt over react in the back end, yet still carries very well

Part 2 of my review on this ball.

After having this ball for a couple of months now, going through every surface change you can imagine, i am finally able to give my final opinion.

Firstly, this ball doesn't quite match up to the storm websites assessment of its reaction. The ball has a tamer reaction than you would expect for this coverstock. This shouldn't be taken in a negative way.

Although the ball doesn't hook a huge amount (despite it hooking a lot out of the box, this didn't last), the secret agent has huge energy retention and an explosive hit in the pocket.

This ball allows me to play at least 5 boards further right of my Pyro (at the arrows), whilst maintaining the same break point.

The Secret Agent has a unique roll among the storm balls i have in my bag, that being very strong in the midlane with a fairly tame backend, combined with vintage 'agent' carry.

I would recommended this ball to anyone that is looking for a ball for medium type conditions where you want to be able to control the backend. This ball is also great on carrydown as it does its moving before it gets into it too much.

Enjoy

CT

Back
Top Bottom