SA Cup, who's going to win???

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
To my recollection a local hasn't won the event in sometime.

Any locals bowling well at the moment???

Are they going to match the interstaters???

What sort of condition are we up for???

How many bowlers are bolwing the event this year???

Looking forward to seeing a response from a local.

George, If you are putting out a bait, well, ok I'll bite, I won it in 2000. I'll find out tomorrow as much detail as possible and post it tomorrow nite.

I probably won't win, seeing as how I'm not entered....On the up side, this means the finals may get finished on time.
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif

Well MM wont be making the trip so thats one interstate bowler out of the question and he tells me the lefties are always a chance there (Harty has won it and second last year and me ol' mate Brenton in 2000) Not sure of defending champs form at the minute but its always tough going back to back. So I'll stick with a leftie to win (of course) and its hard to go past the "Iceman". Harty is still bowling well and I still dont know how he let last year slip after leading most of the way but thats how it goes I spose. I hope the other WA players have a good tournament and remember Rosemount is not far away so get those entries in. Good Bowling to all. Baron
icon_wink.gif
icon_wink.gif

Unable to advise if any locals are bowling well at moment as lanes are in school holiday condition mode........RUBBISH

Condition will probably be similar to condition laid down during last few Super 6 tournies of 2001, whatever it is I would say fairly high scoring.

As of Monday night entries stood at 78 with B squad having just 4 spots available.

Who will win??????????
Lefties have done extremely well at S.A.Cup over the years, winning 4 from the last 5....so you would probably be wise to pick a leftie......The Hitman was unlucky last year, but thats stepladder finals, Brenton is a definite chance,Matt Francis bowling well towards end of last year, bowlers like Carl B & Frawls (just to mention a couple)are overdue for big win & a few locals are gunning to keep the cup here in S.A.
Time will tell

Good luck to all

Cheers
Colin Hunt

Gday all,
well i think this year will be another year dominatle by lefties. Wit hthe condition being put down by the new pheonix machine it has to favour the lefties somewhat.

My pick this year would be brenton and matt fransis for the top places and george will be right up there behinds.

On the right, carl B always performs in Sa, frawls well i would pipck him but he is going to las vagas so he is out but mick little is bowling well so he is a big big chance.

I am hopeing to have a better year this year so i shall see you all there.

Hi to all out there,

having read what everyone else is posting it would seem like a lefty is going to win, with the quality of bowlers bowling it is hard to really say who will win.

With only the men being mentioned what about the women that are bowling?

On the other hand i am just a tad biast here but my hubby is bowling well having averaged 227 at village and 200 at ingle farm , i would have to say that he was a contender!!!!! He has consistency and is about time things fell into place for him at tournies!!!

I guess it all comes down to the day though, but good luck to all the bowlers!!!! so my winner is Ben Billing!!!!(LOL)

NO seriously though good luck to all that are bowling.
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_wink.gif

Hey tash,

Ive beaten ben before and i'll do it again.
icon_smile.gif

Seriously tho, this is my first super six event, so im just hoping to cash, qualifying would be a bonus.

Look out for the unknowns people
icon_smile.gif

WHO WILL WIN SA CUP IS THE QUESTION?

Not knowing who will be attending this event. I am just going to name ten that I find will be good enough to contest for the title.

BRENTON DAVY
GEORGE FRILINGOS
ASHLEY RILEY
MICHAEL LITTLE
MATT RILEY
JARROD LEAN
JASON BELMONTE
COLIN HUNT
BRUNO MAGLIERI
SCOTT SADLER

I haven't had much practice and will be just looking to make the final 16 after qualifying. Then the final is another day!

icon_cool.gif

your right tash, it was only in league. But, (since you now know who i am) he would have been trying, cos i am one person he doesnt like losing too.

WHO WILL WIN THIS YEARS CUP???????

As long as they reside in S.A. it dont really matter which one takes the title. If you are looking for good form at reasonable odds (or so the experts say) look at some of
the following "house" bowlers who have what it takes to mix it with the best. Their records speak for themselves.

Sam Parrella
Colin Hunt
Bruno Maglieri
Paul Dolman

Four of S.A.'s finest bowlers and not a lefty
anywhere to be seen. Good luck to these guys
and to all the Sth Aussies competing this weekend.

Greg Holmes.

S.A. Cup...who will win....I'm sure who has the talent and luck needed on that week end.
More right handers have won this event over the time..and really only cara started a trend for lefties.....Brenton (with his form over the past years should be there..as well as those other bowlers greg mentioned who have come to the fore in only recent times....I'd give you my selections who will be there but they don't bowl anymore??????? (And I'm not included) Good to see plenty of locals supporting it....(yeah right) but it has always been like that with the exception of the first one at cross roads in 81.
good luck to all...I have to work all weekend and hope to pop down and see it. I'll probably miss it since it is the first one I'll miss ever.
bye

Back
Top Bottom