Rodney Radcliffe Passes Away...

I thank you all for the support and messeges.I will miss my dad very much.
From his son Andrew Radcliffe

Shocking news. Rod will be sadly missed by all he came into contact with.

My thoughts are with his family and many close friends.

My deepest sympathies to the entire Radcliffe family on their tragic loss - Rodney was a great guy and bowler, and I have many fond memories of our matches during the ATBSO challenges over the last 11 years or so.

He will be greatly missed by bowlers all around Australia.

RIP mate.

Barry "Jagga" Morgan - ATBSO NT & Qld

Our heart felt sympathies to The Radcliffe family
from all the Northern Territory bowling community

Karyn and Family,
Please accept our most sincere condolences on the
passing of Rod. The pain may fade a little in time, but the memories
will shine like a beacon forever.
Lawrie (Animal) & Carol Hill

This man was an absolute gentleman and my deepest sympathies to the entire Radcliffe family on their tragic loss.. I met Rod during the ATBSO Challenges around the country and l truly respected him both on and off the lanes... sadly missed...Tony Long (ATBSO SA)

My deepest sympathy to Karyn and family.
I was shocked and sadened by the news of Rod's passing.
He was a great bloke and a great bowler.
The Tassie team won't be the same without him.

To karen & family, sorry to hear the passing of Rod.I always remember the laughs we had when I came to tassie to bowl. He will be sadly missed.
My thoughts are with you.
Steve Lovell

To Karyn and family, my deepest condolences on the passing of Rod
He was a great Man and a great bowler It was always friendly with any one

R.I.P M8:(

From Moraitis Familly

our condolences to karyn and family...
i met rod before i bowled for the Junior state team in 2005 and ever since then has always given me and im sure everyone the best attitude and respect.

'heroes are rememberd but legends live ! your a true tassy legend mate.'

rest in peace mr radcliffe !!

Acuavera family x

Thankyou to everyone for your kind and thoughtful messages. They are a great comfort to us all at this sad time. The legendary Rodney Radcliffe, as you have described him was just a great son, husband, father, brother, brother-in-law, uncle, friend and all round good guy and we will miss him. Come and help celebrate his life with us at his funeral on Wednesday 4th April 2007 at Millingtons at Mornington at 3.00pm. Afterwards we will return to his house at 28 Corranga Drive, Chigwell to remember the good times. Open house from 4.30pm. Once again we would like to thankyou all for your lovely thoughts and wishes.
from all the Radcliffes.

Mere words cannot describe how we truly feel at the loss of our mate Roddy. The Rod we knew was a man who adored his wife and children, and his two beautiful grandsons, and was so much looking forward to the impending birth of his new unborn grandchild. Roddy, you were a stirrer, you were competitive, kind, loving, funny, and so very generous to our children with bowling equipment, and more recently helping them with their fundraising.

We'll all miss you so very much, Moonah Bowl won't be the same without you.

Jeanine, Simon, Chris, Nick, Kait & Bek Commane.

A very fitting photo.
atbso2006mx4.jpg

Rodney Radcliffe (far left) captaining the ATBSO Men's Team in the ATBSO Nationals only 7 months ago at Moonah Bowl.
This tournament was one of, if not the last of Rodney's official tournament engagements in an illustrious bowling career which began in 1963.

My heart goes out to the entire Radcliffe family and also his many ATBSO friends who I am sure will feel his departure greatly. My thoughts are with all of you.
I will remember Rod as a true gentleman and a great of the sport. He will be missed greatly by all of us involved in the game in Tasmania and clearly by many interstate also. I will miss his presence most at Teams Challenge this year, he was always a pleasure to bowl with and against.
RIP Rod.
Kassey Fechner.

We would just like to say to Karen and the whole family that we are thinking of you all at this time of loss.

We both have very fond memories of Rodney. Ashley bowling many Rachuigs with Rodney and Touranments, as for me going a staying some nights and not a lot of bowling with or against but as a child growing up in Hobart just watching Centre League and watching everyone else bowl. The fun memories. Rodney i will always remeber as a gentleman, always willing to speak and have a laugh. He will be remebered for a long time to come. Teams Challenge this year will not be the same.

RIP Rodney

Ashley Riley and Jackie Crick.

To the Radcliffe family our thoughts go out to you. Rodney was one of our
bowling family at Clayfield and the old gang remember him fondly we always
had a laugh and a good time.

Mary Corbett

We only spoke a couple of weeks ago,excited that you were coming over to Perth for the ATBSO t,ment in Sept.
You and Karyn were going to stay with us,and a chance to catch up with the good ole days in QLD.
We were real hackers at golf,but we played alot at Virginia,lost balls by the dozens,competitive as ever,but most of the time,couldnt stop laughing.
It was no different on the lanes at Clayfield,except that the balls came back.
Its taken a couple of days to compose myself,as I have really felt this loss.
We were mates.
Our family prayers are now for you Karyn,to give you strength to hold your family togather.
Ill be there in Sept.as Rod would have wanted,not to bowl,but to honour a moments silence.
See ya later Roddy boy.
Tom Sandy Michelle Stefanie Adam Kury.

Back
Top Bottom