Rodney Radcliffe Passes Away...

Playa

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS
It's with much sadness to inform everyone that Rodney Radcliffe passed away last night. Rodney is survived by his wife Karyn and of course condolences go out to his family through this very trying time.

Very sad and shocking news. He was just bowling on the pair next to me on Thursday night and it's hard to believe that I'll never see him again.

Rodney was the first Tasmanian to bowl a 300 game at Rachuig in 1986 and he bowled his second 300 game only last year.

Rodney, you were a legend and the respect everyone has for you will live on forever.

karyn and family my sincerest condolences.i truely am sorry.
rodney you were a great bowler and legend in tasmania.
rest in peace, you will be missed greatly

TO KARYN AND FAMILY
MY DEEPEST SYMPATHY TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY RODNEY WAS A GREAT BOWLER AND HE WILL BE SADLY MISSED BY ALL THAT BOWL. HE WAS A LEGEND IN HIS OWN RIGHT.

I first met Rodney at Clayfield many years ago and then at ATBSO Nationals when he bowled for Tassie - yes! he will be sadly missed and my deepest sympathy goes to all his family.

Mary Flower

To Karyn and Family.

Our sincere sympathy to you all on the passing of Rod. He will be missed by his many tenpin bowling friends through out Australia. Thinking of you.

Ken & Sue

To Karyn and the Family,

My sincere sympathy to you all on the passing of Rod.
I first saw first saw him bowl when he bowled Rachuig in the winning team here in Adelaide in 1985. A true competitor.

Plus seeing him still as competitive as ever last year at the ATBSO Nationals.

He will be sadly missed.

Tony Stoppel (ATBSO SA)

Karyn and Family

My deepest and sincere sympathy to you Karyn. I can't believe that Rod has passed away - he was like a brother. Rod was not only a great bowler but a most sincere and dedicated person. RIP Rod.

All my love Karyn - thinking of you at this time. XO

Reg Reichel
ATBSOQ

Our deepest condolences to Karyn & Family.

Over the many years that Rodney has been bowling he has just about achieved everything that you can in our sport. Memeber of the winning Tasmanian Rachuig team in 1985, 2nd 300 game in Rachuig in 1986, State Masters champion in 1985, runner up in Australian Masters in 1985 and many more highlights, to many to mention here.

RIP Rodney Ratcliffe

Garry & Kathy Crick

I'm still just absolutely stunned about all of this :(

It was only 24 hours previous that I was having a laugh and joke with him after bowling.
A true Tasmanian bowling legend and more importantly a great mate, great bloke and former co-worker with me at the bowl for a few years there.
I always had and always will have a lot of respect for Rat and I'm just completely dumbfounded by this.
The help, encouragement and support you always gave me I will always remember with a lot of fondness.

My heart goes out to Karen and the rest of the family, rest in peace Rodney.

Matt Cramond

Rodney Radcliffe was a tireless worker for tenpin bowling. He will be sadly missed by all who knew him and my most sincere condolences go to Karyn and family. So long "three games", rest in peace.
Susan Baldock

Attachments

• Resize%20of%20white_dove%20header.jpg
    Resize%20of%20white_dove%20header.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 19
my deepest condolunces to Karyn and the family. though i never met Rodney in person if i took up bowling at a young age and went interstate and around victoria and inculding Tasmania would have most likely met him in person ah well i never got the chance to :(
R.I.P mate :( :(

Sincere condolences to Karyn, Nicole, Kristie & Andrew, also to their families.
A legend of the lanes has passed but his memory will last.
A good friend and a loyal mate.
R.I.P. Rocket,

Mick & Gay Onions.

Every shot is a strike in heaven.

Deepest sympathy to Karen Radcliffe and their son Andrew,so much has changed in the last 24 hours since I last saw Rodney on Friday.

From the Craig and the Mackenzie Family

"RAT"

You were a great bowler, a great bloke and and a great mate. Bowling will not be the same without you.

To Karyn and family my deepest sympathy goes out to you for this tragic loss

Stephen Bell

It doesn't seem believable

I bowled against Rod at the Nationals in Tassie last year in our first encounter with Tassie, I bowled on the same lanes with him in the championships, he was a most likeable bloke, which I quickly came to respect to have a laugh and a joke with.

Our sincere condolences and heartfelt sympathy to Karyn and family from Paul, Trish and the ATBSO WA family.

To Karyn and family, my deepest condolences on the passing of Rod “Rat” Happy memories and fun times on the lanes both in TAS and other states with the ATBSO.
I will miss you mate and I will always remember your little saying ‘ GOOD GIRL’ after a big game or a string of strikes.
Lefty Glover

To Karyn and family.

My heart felt condolences go out to you during this time. I'm still in shock from the news. Only on Thursday night were we joking and laughing in the proshop before league. How quickly things can change.

I still remember when news got back to Hobart about Rod's 300 at Rachuig. Then seeing him bowl a second one almost 20 years to the day last year was something special. Glad I still have the tape of the 1986 Hobart Cup.

RIP Rod. May you find another 300 elsewhere, where the lane conditions are perfect, and pins be on spot.

Andrew Phillips

To Karyn and family, our most sincere condolences.
It is an unbelievable shock to us all.
Rod was a great bowler over many years and he will be greatly and sadly missed by all who knew him.
I will always remember our ATBSO trips away and Rod saying to me "one more Johnny" (strike) and who could forget the times when he threw a strike to turn around and hitch up his trousers to show us the red or green socks he had on, more often, one of each.
Fond memories last for ever.
RIP Rocket.

thank you everyone for all of your messeges.My father was a great man and a great bowler.My mother sister brother and I Thank you for all your messeges of condolences.he may be gone in this world but his memory will live on.Kristy Radcliffe

To Karyn and Family,
Many people walk in and out of our lives
But only a few leave footprints on our hearts.
Sincere condolences to you all, will remember Rod for
his generosity to the Juniors and the help he gave with our
Fundraising.
Rest in Peace, Rod

Back
Top Bottom