Results: After Event 6 (AMF Cross Road)

emmtee83

The final event for 2008 has been bowled.

Can I start by saying THANK YOU to all who bowled in this circuit in its first year. I, for one, am fully confident it will grow in popularity in SA, and with that, participants will follow. I have enjoyed running this circuit thoroughly, and hope to see its growth and success in years to come.

A BIG THANK YOU must also go to AMF and BOWLING BALLS AUSTRALIA for cash sponsorship and the end of year prize. As you know, without sponsors, this great sport would be just about extinct, so PLEASE continue to support those that support you. With any luck, I will have more sponsors that come on board next year.

Congrats to Shane Tunnah for his first win in the circuit. After many places, he finally got the monkey of his back, shooting 482 to defeat Brenton Manning and Damien Teague.

The major prize was also a close one, and it was a two horse race. Brenton Davy was absent for this event, leaving Shane Tunnah needing to win and pick up 18 points, or 17 to tie Brenton. Unfortunately, even though Shane did win, he only picked up 16 points, thus falling agonizingly short by one.

Therefore it gives me great pleasure in announcing BRENTON DAVY as the inaugural champion of the Bowling Balls Australia Scratch Series.

That's all from me, the new season starts up again next year, keep your eyes peeled for the fixture in the next couple of months.

Results are attached.

Many thanks to all,

Michael Tran

View attachment TB Cross Road.xls
View attachment Scratch Series Pointscore FINAL.PDF

Just wondering are Victorians allowed to enter this sports series next year?

Deano

So when does the next lot start.? Its just Adelaide is alot closer than Melbourne for us and gives us a oppurtunity to bowl some extra tournaments.

Deano

Im also considering doin this next year.. depending on costs and when the tournaments are..

It doesnt matter (apart from missing points obviously) if you miss 1 of the tournaments for whatever reason does it?

Just wondering are Victorians allowed to enter this sports series next year?

Deano

The More the Merrier :D even if you are Victorian ;)

Im also considering doin this next year.. depending on costs and when the tournaments are..

It doesnt matter (apart from missing points obviously) if you miss 1 of the tournaments for whatever reason does it?

Last year you could drop your worst result - but you don't have to bowl all of the events.

Bit of Vic vs SA rivalry just mite make it that little more exciting.

Deano

That's right Dave....we DO accept donations!

In all seriousness, it is a great little circuit. I'm planning on releasing a calendar in January, once I know the national calendar's dates, as well as the national youth and seniors tourneys. Should leave about one a month.

Stay tuned.

Donations hey? Well i enjoy accepting donations especially of South Australians.

Deano

Deano
what makes you think South Australian are willing to give you anything hey?????

Come over i would love to bowl against you once again as i wont get to anymore in Country Cup since i moved to adelaide in June

We'd love to have you guys included in the circuit.

As soon as I have new broadband connected (should be in the next couple of days) I'll map out a plan for the upcoming circuit.

Back
Top Bottom