Ray Perkovic

Finchy

It is with sadness that we announce the passing of a wonderful man in bowling, Ray Perkovic. He passed away quietly at home in Paynesville earlier this week.

Very well known and respected around Melbourne, Ray was an avid bowler in the VTBA and also MTBOV during their hey day (even bowling a 300 game at Sunshine). We bowled with Ray on many an occasion and he was a fine competitor who would definitely make you earn your pins. He is well known amongst the senior competition as well and would often make the trek up to Melbourne from Paynesville to compete in the seniors tournaments. He recently became a grandfather and was enjoying it immensely.

Our heartfelt condolences to Colin and Olivia and their families.

Rest in Peace Ray, a true gentleman on and off the lanes. We will miss you very much.

Jane and Ralph.

That is sad news. I have known Ray for many years and I doubt I would have ever met a finer gentleman. He was always pleasant, polite and good natured and a credit to the sport and himself. The sport is lesser for his passing. Condolensces to his family and the Victorian bowling community for their loss

I am absolutely stunned.
I have known Ray(Ivan) for may,many years, and he has always been an absolute gentleman and I am proud to say- a friend.
I last saw Ray at the AO, and he looked as well as ever, so I was shocked to hear of his passing.
He had mentioned that he was intending to move back to Melbourne to be closer to his children & grand-children. A shame it didn't happen.
R.I.P. Ray. Our world is sadder now that you have left us.

This was absolutely devastating news when Colin rang me this morning. I have known Ray nearly all my life, and bowled with him in my team at Sunshine in the Western Suburbs and Dunn Shield. Ray was a true gentleman and will sorely be missed. It's hard to believe that a person who looked fit and well when I saw him only a week ago has passed.

Our condolences go out to Olivia, Colin and the family.

R.I.P Ray

From all the Best Family and the Staff at AMF Sunshine

Brett Best

I'm so sorry to hear of Ray's passing....what a gentleman and a beautiful person...heaven will be privilaged to have him....our thought's and prayers go out to the family of this wonderful man...we will never forget you Ray.

Barry & Mary:angel2:

Very sad news indeed. Always a great character to have a chat with and a true gentleman of the sport. I loved the fact that he would even show the pins courtesy once in a while with a little bow, just to say 'thanks very much for that strike'. Thanks for the memories Ray, rest in peace.

Very sad news on the passing of Ray. A true gentleman of our sport and a great man in general. Ray has had a very big influence on myself and my family not only on the bowling lanes but also in life in general. I dont think anyone could out last this man on the bowling lanes as time and time again he would come down to Sunshine for a bowl and would end up bowling 8, 10 and sometimes 12 games without working up a sweat and still managing over a 200 average and all just for the love of the game.
Our condolences go out to Ray's family.

R.I.P. Ray.

Chris, Christine, Kelvin & Rebecca Mueller

I am very sadened by this news. A real gentleman he was and we alway had a good chat everytime he came into Sale bowl when I was working there.
Will miss seeing around at all the centres he frequented and a true ambassador for our sport.:( :(

I am stunned to hear that a real friend & gentleman that always took the time to befriend me & my family has gone, Ray i thank you for all of your advice,your knowledge & the talks & coffees we had together.You helped me a lot in my bowling & i will never forget the tuition that you gave me.Our condolences to the Perkovic family.. from Carl,Tracey,Adrian & Beau Barbara

Ray was one of the nicest guys I've ever had the pleasure to meet in bowling...a genuinely nice guy who would do anything for you and say not a bad word about anyone. RIP buddy.

Two words come to mind when I think of Ray and these are Competitor, but above all, Gentleman. I have lost a truly great friend who I have known for the better part of my life and I was lucky enough of having him bowl a 300 against me in a tournament at Sunshine a few years ago and I am glad that I was the first to congratulate him on doing so. Ray, may all the games you bowl in Heaven be 300s. Vale old friend.

Wayne Burton

Ray was nothing but a class act every time i saw him bowl, i feel priveliged to have seen one of bowlings finest gentlemen compete. I wish i could see it happen just once more.

Ray was always glad to join us whenever we met and never made anyone feel inferior. One of Bowling's finest . The whole family will miss him.
Mick & Dianna C

I'am shocked to here the news of the pasting of a true gentleman and friend in Ray Perkovic.I spoke to him only the other week at the A.O.at Sunshine and he seemed to be in fine health. I would like to pass our condolensces to his family.
Rod & Sally Stewart and Family.

I'm shocked and sad to hear the news. I recenlty chatted to Ray at the AO. One of the nicest and friendliest bowler and person you meet at tournaments. My condolences to his family. Will miss you, mate.

It's with great saddness that we heard the news of the passing of Ray Peckovic. We have both bowled with Ray in the MTBOV & over 45s , he was a true gentleman & will be sadly missed.
Sue & Colin McKay

What can be said that has not already been said about this true gentleman of bowling. He was always there at the tournaments, when l first started to get into the scene. Always willing to offer that little bit advise to help you out, even if it meant that he might miss the cut himself.

I cant say that l have known Ray for the better part of my life, but definetly for the second half of it anyway.

You will be sadly missed by all, in the bowling world. Condolences to Rays family.

Lance

A true Gentleman with a great character that i have had the pleasure of knowing for the better part of 25 years, he always brought a smile to my face each and every time he would stop to have chat at the odd tournament.

You will be sadly missed Ray !

David

My condolences goes to the Perkovic Family for the passing of a true sportsman in Ray Perkovic.

From NSW, I didn't get to know Ray all that well only meeting and chatting at tournaments in Melbourne over the last few years. Ray was a gentleman and a true sportsman always congratulating you on a good game of bowling.

Ray will be sadly missed. Once again my condolences to Ray's family.

Christian Purdue

I only just found out last night at the Western Subs league, Ray was a true gentleman, always polite and very friendly, Dad and Ray go back when they were bowling at Footscray and he has known me since the day i was born. He will sadly be missed.
I was told by a Sunshine Staff member that when he came down to practice, and bowled a ball right into the pocket and left a pin standing. If he thought it was worthy a strike he would change the score board to a strike.
Our condolences go out the the family.
Rest in peace Ray. We will never forget you.
Love Chris, Sharon and Sarah Benson.

Back
Top Bottom