Rachuig Roll-offs

Ice Maiden

Congratulations to all the bowlers who rolled off at Cannington and Craigie on the weekend.

The WA team is:

Men Day 1 Ave Day 2 Ave Overall Ave
Alan Skupin 229 213 221.1
Michael Muir 212 228 220.3
Steve Johnston 213 217 215
Greg Ball 203 227 215
Chris Matthews 203 221 212.3
----------------------------------------------------------------
Malcom Purdue 210 203 206.8
Chris Barratt 203 201 202.2
Matt Watson 190 211 201
Clinton Phelps 195 206 200.6
Michael Wilkey 203 198 200.5
Jim Hind 179 218 198.5
Luke Dick 200 190 195.3
Brendan Quinn 181 199 190.3
Chris Atkinson 192 207 201.9
(Chris missed 3 games on Saturday due to work commitments)

Women Day 1 Ave Day 2 Ave Overall Ave
Sam Taylor 208 200 204.3
Sylvia Wilson 182 190 186.2
Kim Fragall 182 186 184.1
Terri Coleman 172 178 175.3
Bonita Muir 161 187 174.1
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Jessica Barratt 171 175 173.3
Marnie Young 167 178 173
Nicki Wilkinson 166 179 172.7
Kristen Wickens 166 166 166.3
Brenda Kirkwood
(Brenda was bowling ATBSO roll offs, but was eligable for selection)

WHAT THE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My old mate "BOOGA" Jim Hind back bowling, why wasn't I told, may have come out of retirement myself???????????
Who talked him into it??????
Looks a good team

Cheers
Colin

Rachuig 2005

What the!!!!!! is about right Colin. We had Jim and Teena over for lunch a couple of weeks prior to the roll offs and when he heard I was trying out Jim decided to pull the boots on again so I guess I'm to blame. Jim had an ordinary day at Cannington but they actually had his name down as James "HIRD" so Jims excuse is he only really showed up on Sunday where he made up some ground and proved enough to be selected at 11th. The other selection is the young leftie Chris Barrett who is really bowling well having top averaged in last years Gold Cup and cut in the Cannington Classic earlier this year so I'm looking forward to sharing my side of the lane with him. As for the top 5 well Scoops once again showed us how its done topping the averages and Mike Muir as always a class act. The two veterans next Steve Johnstone and myself. Steve was thrilled to make the side and will bring a wealth of experience to the team and Chris Mathews hopes to keep his Rachuig record in tact having bowled so well in the last two tilts just missing all-stars last year. As for me well I'm bowling as well as I ever have so I hope I can keep the form going until October.

I was really impressed with young Matt Watson during the trials and I hope he sticks at it because I reckon he throws a great shot and has a great attitude both on and off the lanes and I think was very close this year.

Baron.

ps...let it be known that Steve is the oldest in the team by some 2 weeks...so there!!

Thanx Colin. It has taken me 6 years and 2 states to lose the BOOGA nickname and you have to go and remind everyone. Looking forward to bowling Rachuig again, especially with the old slippery left hander Baron.

Catch Ya

Jim
(AKA James Hird)

Sorry Baron, you will need to speak to the man himself.
Maybe I should not ask the question but what happened to Clinton????? didn't he try out or just finished too far down the list??????

Funny, I mention maybe coming out of retirement for another crack at Rachuig & people ring to see if I am serious, you never know......Tasmania next year they tell me.....not been there since 70's, maybe a good reason to come back & try to win a Rachuig

Jim, six years eh, thought it was a bit longer than that, say hello to Teena

Cheers
Colin

SELECTION

Well I think one thing is great out of all this, I'm back being one of the Babies in the team at 3rd youngest, after last year being the 2nd oldest didnt quite fit lol

Mind you with the gear James Hird was using i felt like i was in an early 90's roll off ---- Been awhile since i saw a Phantom on the rack

Col wood be great to see u back at Rachuig last year was my first for some 7 years and yes its changed a little but still one of the great events

Time to reunite with some ole veterans, and get back to some grass root sledging, and for the young ones out there, some new age sledging - namely last year from a young Sth Aussie, what are u teaching them over there Col, this "KID" was sledging me first day first game during practice(ThATS AFTER HE TELLS ME HE'S ME TOLD TO STAY AWAY FROM ME), I did ever-so nicely explain to him that if his Mum was a dollar cheaper I might have been his father so he should show some more respect

Getting me ole sledging MENTOR back on the lanes with me THE BALLMEISTER was no mean feat but we got him back and that thus far is the most exciting part of RACHUIG, cause for all you youngsters out there who have never met him, well lets just say DONT BITE OFF MORE THAN YOU CAN CHEW, cause this guy has the lines ready for any barrage and he dont care who u are, where u come from who ur Mummy/Daddy is lol :lol:

As far as Clint goes yes he bowled and he finished 9th after 14games averaging 201, Barrat was 7th ave 202 and Jim 11th ave 199 - But as we all know there will always be some differences of opinion when it comes to selection, and as the panel doesnt have to publicly explain its actions/reasonings i guess we'll never know why he wasnt picked and the others were

He seemed a little disappointed with not being selected but i'm sure he'll come back a little stronger from it all and who knows he may put in for the draught, so who knows who he could bowl for????????

Our ladies team looks as exciting as ever and i'm sure will create an interesting environment for when we go away, as per last year

Only 1 coach at the moment for both teams and our Manager resigned after the trials were completed so we're off to a FLYER already
Word is Shane may re apply lets hope so
Stax Stevens may also look at applying - Could be interesting that wood make 3 FUBAR involved with Rachuig that wood be almost unheard off
Brendan was half thinking of it - But i think he has to work - hehehehe

Agreeance with baron, young Watsonia did very well, and shows that his attitude will pull him thru with years to come, the shot is there and slowly improving, but as we all know over the past 20years not all the best bowlers have had the best shots but desire and will to win have compensated

NO RESERVES have been named maybe if someone from the comittee reads this they could sort that out

Overall i think the 7 is good and will be very competitive

Looking forward to seeing everyone back at the ranch in OCT

Scoops, totally agree with you......would be great to get back to the old days...........sledge the crap out of each other during bowling & have a beer together when finished, must say though a few of us veterans still got in to each other a bit.

Whos the young "KID" giving you crap may have to teach him how to do it the right way.

Is Booga going to but some new equipment or stay with the Phantom & other equipment we havnt heard of for years, wouldnt that crap a few people off way Booga beats em.

Hope you all have a great time come Rachuig

Cheers
Colin

Back
Top Bottom