QLD Rachuig Teams!

Pilko

Staff member
Well here they are direct from the TBAQ Site!

Here are The 2009 State Rachuig Teams

Queensland State Womens Rachuig Team
Bailey, Kerri
Carr, Brenda
Crisp, Tracey
Donnelly, Hayley
Nastasi, Larissa
Nastasi, Leanne
Wilton, Kate

Queensland 2nd Womens Rachuig Team
Bartlem, Leesa
Buchanan, Rebecca
Buckley, Kirsty
Gill, Karen
Hill, Madeline
Peacock, Suzanne
Savill, Alicia

Queensland State Mens Rachuig Team
Buckley, Rob
Carney, Chris
Frilingos, George
Hunt, Stephen
Jones, Tyson
Nucifora, Angelo
Pilkington, Brian

Queensland 2nd Mens Rachuig Team
Bailey, Gary
Douglass, Morty
Dunn, John
Meads, Brendan
Mifsud, Daniel
Murray, Jim
Phelan, Ian

Reserves

(in no specific order or preference)

Geoff Ott – Tony Hamilton – Aaron Nowak – Daniel Smith – Luke Turner – Ben Taylor

…………………………

Congratulations to all bowlers firstly for making the Rachuig squad and secondly to those who made the respective Teams.

Individual and Team training is to be completed by 2nd August. Coaches will report to TBAQ the training status of each member of the Team, including Reserves, and those who have not met the requirements will be replaced.

The reserve selected will move into Team 2 and a Team 2 player will be selected to move into Team 1.

Northern Zone Players are responsible for making appointments with Coaches Peter Finitsis [email protected] or John Carr [email protected]

Southern Zone Players need to contact either Vaughan White [email protected] or Pat [email protected]

Players may also access Gail Torrens [email protected] should times be unavailable in their zone to meet the requirements. Reports will be forwarded to TBAQ from the Zone Coaches as each phase of Team preparation is completed.

from the entry form:

Who to contact about issues concerning the roll off

Bowlers who are not selected for the first 14 places Mens team or first 14
places Ladies team or who are selected in an order that does not meet their
aspirations may wish to request feedback from selectors. Please email to the
State Coaching Director Gail Torrens at [email protected]. Selectors will
answer all communications.

Better clear your inbox Gail...

Different looking teams to what i thought... Congrats to the chosen ones and commiserations to others that may feel hard done by...

A big congrats to all who made the teams, it gives me great pride to see so many north Queenslanders in the A team considering we were nearly axed from the competition all together.

WAY TO GO GUYS!!!!!!

Make us proud in Brisbane, QLD 1 and 2 this year!

Shane Rossberg.

Yes, congratulations to all.
To the reserves - remember that it is a rare year when a reserve is not called on to take up a spot in one of the Teams. It may not be much consolation at this time, but it does happen.

Congratulations to all those who made the respective teams, commiserations to those who didn't and (as Jase said) feel hard done by.

Lets hope the mail server at TBAQ can handle the volumes, as I think there will be a few emails coming.

Good luck to the 2 Qld teams, bring home the gold.....

Lets hope the mail server at TBAQ can handle the volumes

Start a vbookie on how long the TBAQ mail server will remain up for??? ;):D

I honestly am very surprised at this selection :eek:, though, congratulate all who made the team.:thmbup:

Is there going to be transparency as why the selectors went for these particular combinations?

Maybe that is too personal (with respect to the bowlers) to be aired publicly, I suppose?

My $0.05

Cheers,

Congratulations to all those that made the team..particularly the Rockhampton pair Leesa & Karen.

I guess there is always going to be conjecture on selection but I will say that it must be a bloody strong team for Hammo not to be the 14 ;). Lets hope that it doesn't bite Qld on the ar$e by him drafting to another state :(

Congratulations to all who were selected, I think that we have 2 very strong teams representing our state, I have no doubt that you will achieve great things and have a lot of fun doing it!

You are fu&%ing kidding yourselves!

That is hillarious! Did the selectors sit around lighting and sniffing each others farts and smoke about 30 cones each just before selecting this ****?

Please dont take offense those people who deserve to be there, but holy hell there are people missing off this list that could beat some of these bowlers with their eyes closed. Tony Hamilton to name one!

You guys wonder why your sport is rooted! Have a good look at yourselves!
Thats hillarious

I'm pickin the second team to bowl better that the first,HAHA
Maybe the selectors need to bowl in the tournaments all these bowlers do then they could actually make the right decision,I don't play ranked/major tournaments but i can see who bowls in them and half the first team don't,so how's that work?? My 1 year old neice could've picked a better team if all the faces were layed out on the table and she just picked the one's she liked!!!

You are fu&%ing kidding yourselves!

That is hillarious! Did the selectors sit around lighting and sniffing each others farts and smoke about 30 cones each just before selecting this ****?

Please dont take offense those people who deserve to be there, but holy hell there are people missing off this list that could beat some of these bowlers with their eyes closed. Tony Hamilton to name one!

You guys wonder why your sport is rooted! Have a good look at yourselves!
Thats hillarious

Ronnie Mate!

Haven't seen you post up on here for ages! Good to see you haven't changed a bit :)

I totally agree with you. Tony is beyond a great bowler! Having him not in the team is like sending a team away to the nations with only 3 bowlers instead of 4!

Does Queensland wanna win or not? I mean C"MON!

WOW, after reading all the comments about the selection of the rachuig teams, who should've made the team and who shouldn't have, boy am i glad i never rolled off. With all the crap that goes on in regards to the selection of the teams, makes me never want to even try out again. The passion for the sport is going because of whinging that goes on. Even the juniors don't carry on like this.

Congrats to the bowlers that made the teams for Rachuig, there is a reason you all got selected and be happy that you made the team, despite what everyone is saying. Go out there and perform at your best and show them what you can do. As I have bowled with a few of you, i'm sure that you will go out there with a fight.

GO QUEENSLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations and definately NOT taking anything away from all who made the respective teams.
We hope you will bowl your ar$es off and do QLD very proud :p

We too are VERY surprised that Hammo is not in the team. He really is the whole package!!

1. Team player
2. Genuine, loyal and supportive of his fellow team mates
3. Cheerleader
4. Fierce competitor
5. Exceptional knowledge of the game
6. Exceptional knowledge of the lanes and how to read them
7. Exceptional knowledge of the equipment he and other bowlers use
8. Mindful of the rules and regulations and abides by them all
9. Farking funny and best sledger ever
10. AWESOME bowler

Just 10 points at random and he's checked all those boxes, it's almost crimminal not to have him in that team. SHAME, SHAME, SHAME

Back
Top Bottom