Qld State Teams

Bowlers please note:

$100 deposit is required for Rachuig nominees only. Bowlers nominating for the Seniors or Restricted teams need only send in $90.

Also, for those intending to nominate for more than one rep team, send in both nomination fees, but you are only required to pay lineage once - ie if you are rolling for both Rachuig and Seniors, then you pay the Rachuig lineage plus nomination fees for both Rachuig and Seniors.

cheers

Forgive me for being blonde but if the Rachuig nomination fee is $60.00 why do you have to pay $100.00 when you nominate as it states on the form:confused:

Nomination Fee (A fee incurred when enclosing a nomination or application)

Rachuig Entry Form states nomination fee is $60

So why then is a $100 deposit required when submitting same application/nomination??

Surely if you are paying the $60 you have shown a serious intent to take part, and do not require an additional $40 deposit to secure your spot?

Maybe I have missed something?? :rolleyes:

Steve

The entry form has been changed on the TBAQ website, the deposit required is now $50, with the balance of the nomination (for Rachuig) and roll off monies due and payable on checkin.

Originally $100 deposit was set as a base figure of 2/3 of the total monies required - you can still send in/deposit the entire amount if you wish, then not have to fork over any monies on the day, or just the $50 as per the entry form.

Some people prefer to pay more in advance .....

Thumpa, your question was not a bad one - my apologies on behalf of the Rachuig Co-ordinator who has obviously not seen your post, else he would have answered it before now.

Just a reminder to all that nominations for the TBA State Teams close

NEXT FRIDAY - 23RD JANUARY 2009.

Roll Off times for the Southern Zone at Mt Gravatt are as follows:

Saturday 31st January 09 - Rachuig and Seniors

Checkin 12pm, Bowl 12.30pm - 10 games

Sunday 1st Febuary 09 - Rachuig and Restricted

Checkin 8.30am, Bowl 9.00am - 10 games

Hi Luke

At this stage we only have an estimate, which is based on last years costs. As soon as exact lineage/uniform/training costs are known for this year, then they will be reassessed.

For Rachuig, you are looking at around $1000, which includes team accommodation for the period 17-23 October, State Championships and Nationals Entries, Uniforms, and associated TBA lineages and expenses. Travel costs are the responsibility of the individual bowlers, and as such, are not included.

Like I said, only an estimate at this stage, but if it gives you something to work with, it is a good starting point!

Cheers

Broni

Broni,

Can you give us an idea of how soon the initial payment will be required and about how much it might be.

Thanks again

Hi Dale & Robbie

Progressive Payment Schedule will be as follows:

31st March 2009 $400.00
30th June 2009 $400.00
31st August 2009 Balance

Of course, payments earlier than that will never be turned away ;)

Nominations close last mail 23rd January: Australia Day Long Weekend immediately following that date means that anything posted on the 23rd will not be opened before the 27th or 28th January. TBAQ will not be posting a list of nominees before the roll off.

Just wondering as I cannot find it on the entry forms (or I have missed it :D) - what time do both roll-offs commence on the Saturday and Sunday?

Cheers

Steve :D

Steve

Bowling times weren't on the entry form, as they hadn't been finalised at that stage.

Times for Mt Gravatt have been finalised, see previous page, and as far as I am aware, nothing has been finalised with regard to Innisfail. As soon as that has happened, it will be advertised here.

cheers

CONFIRMED ROLL OFF TIMES

MT GRAVATT

Saturday 31st January - Check in 12.00 noon, bowl 12.30
Sunday 1st Febuary - Check in 8.30 am, bowl 9.00am

INNISFAIL:

Saturday 21st Febuary - Check in 10.30 am, bowl 11.00 am
Sunday 22nd Febuary - Check in 8.30am, bowl 9.00am

It would also appear that there is a typo between the nomination form and the TBAQ website with regard to the closing date for nominations.......Entries close last mail 25 January 2009, so you have until Sunday evening to post your forms!

Bowlers attending the southern roll off at Mt Gravatt are advised that the centre has SOME lanes conditioned with the roll off pattern available for practise between now and the roll off weekend, HOWEVER bookings are advisable and PREFERRED, given that it is still school holidays. Please tell them when booking that you would like to practice on the lanes with the roll off pattern.
The pattern is still to be received at Innisfail, so northern participants should contact Innisfail a little closer to the roll off to ascertain the practise availability.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Totalbowling for allowing TBAQ to advertise this information on the site, and I apologise for not doing it before now - very remiss of me, as the service this forum provides is invaluable, and we appreciate it immensely.

Just to throw a spanner in the works what happens if you do not get 10 bowlers nominate for one of the rolloffs in either mens or womens division do they still have to rolloff even though they have automatically made the top 10

Just curious
Kerri

Just one other question
Why is it secret squirrels club as to who is nominated for Rachuig surely once nominations have closed and have been sorted out there shouldn't be a problem advising bowlers who will be rolling off

Good Morning Everyone….

There have been a Couple of Questions that have been either sent to me directly on PM, via Email , through Face book, on MSN or delivered as txt to my phone and yes I even took a real phone call. Anyhow to answer the Questions that have been raised by whatever medium, here are the responses. Just in case anyone else was wondering.

1.) Why does the Southern Trial Start Later than the Northern Trial?
a. Mt Gravatt have a league on Saturday Mornings so we did not wish to upset the apple cart so we started a bit latter that’s All… No Conspiracy

2.) Why are we paying $1500 to bowl in our own State?
a. We are not. The Current budget would estimate that the cost for Rachuig will be just over $1000 As per Broni last Post.

3.) What happens if we get less than 10 Bowlers for the Rachuig Divisions?
a. Bowlers will still need to bowl. As the teams are being selected it is an important part of the process to allow the selectors to see the bowlers

4.) Why are we having the Roll offs so early in the Year?
a. The Decision to have the roll offs as soon as possible is twofold, 1st it allows us the most opportunity to find sponsors and or fundraise for the team, 2nd it gives as much more time to build practice sessions into tournaments or at least around tournaments so that the expenses of Rachuig once you are in the team are lower.

5.) Why are the Nominations Closed So early
a. It was felt that it was important to close the nominations for both Southern Zone and Northern Zone at the same time. This dose mean that since the Northern Zone Roll off is second there is a bit of time between the nominations closing and the roll off’s

6.) Why are the nomination lists not open and not released till after nominations are closed.
a. I have checked on this and the basic response is that it has been done like this in the past and that there have been issue in the pasted based on who was nominating and how had not nominated. I feel that with the new Improved format that this can be changed for next year so that a List of Nominees can be issued.

7.) Is it true that “The Dishman” cleaned out “Rossberg” First hand after inviting him to the table in Texas hold’m.
a. Yes. See Shane for the Full Story.. ( We all need some Humor.. This was getting a bit to Serious For me )

8.) Can we get a List of Nominees once nominations are Closed?
a. Yes.

9.) Is the Rachuig Coordinator Bowling?
a. Yes as per a very early post from Andrew I am bowling.

10.) Why Is the Team staying in Accommodation and not just billeting out.
a. The Decision to stay in accommodation was made based on several reasons. Both I and the Committee did not think having both teams spread across several residential residence was a good idea, plus it then becomes difficult to arrange team meetings and outings and dinners etc etc. I think also it needs to be understood that while it may we be seen as a good idea for those that live in Brisbane we must be conscious of those that will make the team from the Northern Zone. And Also the comfort factor of players that may not wish to stay in “Someone’s” House. So After much debate it was decided that the team would stay in Motel Accommodation.

If there are any additional Questions please contact me and I will get back to you ASAP. I would also like to take this time to Encourage everyone considering Rachuig this year to get your nominations in as they Close Friday.

Look Forward to Seeing you all Soon.

thanks Morty. :0)

Just to further clarify point 5 -

Originally the roll offs for both zones were scheduled for a week apart, so the closing date for entries was set the same for both. Because of accreditation requirements and event clashes, we had to amend the original dates, and as we all know, finding consecutive weekends in Qld with no bowling is a near impossibility. This is why there is now a gap of 3 weeks between the sthn and nthn events.

Back
Top Bottom