Oil Patterns in League

I'd think it would only be fair...although most times when ive spoken to techs they've been pretty upfront about it

I dont see any point in hiding it??
What does that achieve?

On the other hand if you are bowling on the same pattern every week it shouldnt take you long to work out whats goin on with the lanes.

we shouldn't be told what oil patterns are on the lanes, a good bowler should learn to read the lanes and make the adjustments without knowing what oil pattern is on the lane and making the right ball selection

In most houses, you can just lean over the foul line and examine the reflection of the fluorescent lights on the lane. Just see if the reflection gets dull outside a certain board and that'll give you an idea of where the hook is. (No oil, less reflection.)

This will tell you where the oil stops as the lanes are usually blocked. At least it's that blatant in Canberra and Sydney! It used to be called cheating once upon a time.

Cheers,
Jason

I dont think there is any requirement in any centre in Newcastle to know the oil pattern.

Just plain bone dry is pretty much the answer. Pretty easy to pick the pattern when the ball is doing u turns at 25 feet, I thought QLD had the driest lanes until now!!!!!

Having said that, as per Adrians reply, most techs or centre managers will tell you what it is. Most people look at patterns that are supposedly layed down and they hardly ever play the same way. KnK for an example.

No Point in posting a pattern if the lanes are not taped to see what the machine is actually putting on the lane.

It might look good on paper then play totally different.

Oil, Whats that !
Or is that the wall you are talking about that lets you miss your spot by 7 boards right
and you still make it back to the pocket
The oiling conditions in this country are a joke and destroying the game

Back
Top Bottom