NUCIFORA WINS CAIRNS OPEN

brown beach boy

Sam Nucifora Jnr
With the Cairns Open running the same weekend as Sa Cup there was thoughts that this tournemant may not attract the numbers it deserves. But with the very close nit team of Gavin Third and Co i must say that with 81 numbers yes thats right 81 numbers a record for a tournemant in NORTH QUEENSLAND, i must say congratulations to them all.

The final fives games brought together FOUR different leaders with the local hard charger and ex Australian team member Craig Whitby, Angelo Nucifora, Sam Nucifora, and brisbane regular Damian Mc Andrew all fighting for the illusive first place pot. But in the end it was Nucifora, (no not me) but Angelo nucifora racking up hios sixth win in the north in Two years. Angelo thru a 210 average to pip Craig and myself who finished on a 209 ave.
Well Done ANG and we will see you at Rachuiq we hope.

Once again i would like to thank on behalf of the Nq Association all of you that travelled and congratulations to all those that won on the day. (Angelo and the Cairns commitee)

Congratulations to Angelo for getting the job done on a pretty tight shot, and also to the Cairns mob for a great job - 80 starters is fantastic, and hopefully the start of good things for the NQ tournament scene.
Sammy, I can't believe you didn't mention how well your better half bowled! Great performance from Natalie, winning the womens division.

Good to see the tournament made the TV news in Townsville, too, just a pity that the cameras weren't there saturday night for some pics of Katy "Rainbow Warrior" Murry! :lol: :oops:

Hi to all

Hey sammy how about Nat beating Angelo and Craig. Well done Nat for showing the boys that the girls can also bowl well.

Also well done to all the Junior bowlers who bowled

All we need now is a seperate Nq open for the girls hope some one puts one on some time this year.

kelbel
:D :) :D :) :p

Congratulations Nat on finishing 11th and been top place female bowler. O well Sammy at least a nucifora won! 3rd not bad out of 81 however.

ps Nat your shout next time your in brissy.

Tin 8)

Congrats Angelo for a great win in Cairns

Maybe my luck might change next time, if I don't draw you last game in match play again how lucky am I to play you last,game in the last 2 opens I believe the score though is one all :lol:

To Nat so glad to see you back bowling, seriously you bowled fantastic,
it's great to see another strong female bowler havin a go at Rachuig for Nth Qld you'll be an asset to the team.

To Mr Doobie (SAM) shame on you [-X for not mentioning your better half what a great acheivement for her first tournament back Nats win was fantastic.

Cheers Kerri

All we need now is a seperate Nq open for the girls hope some one puts one on some time this year.

kelbel

There is a Ladies Open in Innisfail 30/04 & 01/05. It would be great to see a lot of ladies turn up and support this event, it is only through a strong show of support that we will ever get Ladies events happening regularly.

So COME ON GIRLS!! Ring John Wilks in Innisfail.

Back
Top Bottom