North Strathfield Leagues

• Thread starter AMFNorthStrathfield
  • Start date
A

AMFNorthStrathfield

To all Bowlers,

With the opening of the new AMF centre at North Strathfield, I am taking ideas, suggestions or just passing comments on the formats of leagues that people would be interested in bowling in at the new centre. Whether you want a scratch singles or doubles league, or a handicapped 4 or 5 man teams league, no idea will go unheard and i will endeavour to accomodate as many people as possible. Also in regards to that, as soon as the league formats are finalised and confirmed, I will be posting days, times and formats on here so that any bowlers who do wish to bowl, will be able to contact me via this thread or via PM.

Hi Joel,

It is great to finally have a point of contact for the new AMF North Strathfield centre. :D Myself and a friend have been planning to join a 2 person league ever since the new centre was planned for building.

Just two questions about the new centre. Is it 48 lanes? Will it have a pro shop facility?

Cheers,

Rob

Hi Joel,

I think a premier scratch singles league would be the way to go.

Format something like this:
6 games - 1 lane per bowler, move lanes after every 2 game block

Mon, Tues, Wed or Thu - to avoid black light, social, traffic, work committments, etc.

All bowlers bowl against each other with bonus pins for high games
1st place - +30 bonus pins
2nd place - +20 bonus pins
3rd place - +10 bonus pins
All games <200 - +5 bonus pins

Short overall duration - eg. 12 weeks, start the first one when the centre opens and run it to the rnd of the year
Sport-type lane patterns on rotation
Week 1 - 2:1
Week 2 - 2.5:1
Week 3 - 3:1
Week 4 - THS
Repeat

Bowlers must bowl on league night, subs allowed.

Just some thoughts off the top of my head, but I would be up for anything that's a scratch format, although it would be nice to format a league different than normal for a change.

Cheers
Ken

Hey guys,

Address is 13 George St Strathfield.

Open date late September

Joel

I think a scratch singles league on a Tues night could be the way to go... Maybe limit it to 24 bowlers and use the 12 lane section of the house... Maybe $30 for 4 games with the opportunity for bowlers to also play for side bets eg brackets and jackpots...

I think a scratch singles league on a Tues night could be the way to go... Maybe limit it to 24 bowlers and use the 12 lane section of the house... Maybe $30 for 4 games with the opportunity for bowlers to also play for side bets eg brackets and jackpots...

Something like this is definatly worth us considering providing that the interest is there which i wouldnt think would be a problem considering the wealth of talent that is in the area...thanks guys keep the ideas coming

Can't wait til this place is open after parra closing this is the newest close to home center which opens in 3 weeks!!!!

Whoop!!

cant wait to bowl on them new GSX machines :D

I don't think it is 13 george st more like 5-7 george st..
i was in that st today for work and its not 13 cause i did a job at 11-13 george and no bowl there:p:D:confused:

Yeh guys our official address is 3-5 George St North Strathfield

Joel Ninyo
League and Tournament Manager
AMF North Strathfield
3-5 George St, North Strathfield

Hi Joel
Pretty Sad when a League and Tournament Manager Does not know the full address of where he works sad hey lets just hope it is the right address this time

i had the luck of bolwing here on saturday afternoon and what a awesome centre i think i iwll e bowling

Hi Joel
Pretty Sad when a League and Tournament Manager Does not know the full address of where he works sad hey lets just hope it is the right address this time
Who needs an address? Just follow the signs to AMF! Simple! :p I know I didn't need it.

On another note, I must say the centre is fantastic. Shame its so close to the M4 entry with peak hour traffic, otherwise i'd go more often, or maybe even drive from Rockdale every week just to bowl league.

I will also add that i am lucky enough to work just around the corner from this centre and i went in and bowled 4 games there last Tuesday and bowled 213-193-213-195 for an 814 series if my maths is right and considering i am a 166 average bowlers and i obviously had never bowled on these lanes before i would say we are going to have some 300 games coming out of this centre with regularity over the coming weeks and months when the scratch bowlers get in here with the leagues being proposed.

Trust me it is well worth the trip to see what i mean in relation to how well these lanes are going at the moment.

Michael Mclaren
Tickets for short lol

I will also add that i am lucky enough to work just around the corner from this centre and i went in and bowled 4 games there last Tuesday and bowled 213-193-213-195 for an 814 series if my maths is right and considering i am a 166 average bowlers and i obviously had never bowled on these lanes before i would say we are going to have some 300 games coming out of this centre with regularity over the coming weeks and months when the scratch bowlers get in here with the leagues being proposed.
Trust me it is well worth the trip to see what i mean in relation to how well these lanes are going at the moment.

I bowled some respectable games on Tuesday also, games like 224, 195 and 172. First time in the new centre also, and first time back from my 3 week trip too! :p And I"M a 170 ave bowler. Also, my mate Benjamin Adams bowled a 220 on Sunday, and his average is alittle lower than mine.

Considering the quality of the centre, I say there will be plenty of nice games in the future. Matt Riley is already impressed, and he's capable of hitting 300s more often than anyone I know. So I must agree with you tix, 300s should be comming out soon, thats unless Joel organises a tough lane condition!

Time to bring out the PBA patterns! :tooth:

Nice to know iv got a little bit of support out there...cheers guys...we're doing the best we can atm until our new Kegal Walker arrives but as Tim, Matt and Palma already said, the conditions we have atm are pretty good but obviously wont be the same condition to what we will have once the Walker arrives...we have Greg Robertson here who will be setting it up alongside our Head Tech Darren who was formally at Macarthur and both of these guys are the best in the business.

Once again guys cheers for the support!!

Joel

Hi guys,

must say bowled there tonight even tho they were a little dry, the centre was fantastic, 24 on one side mainly for leagues and tornaments and 12 on another for a social side of things, could work out well with the traveling leagues in sydney, I hear they have a div 1 and 2 , plus meto cup going to bowl next year, no pennants as yet but that can change real quick.

The only down side at present is the fact that any 5 man team comp will have trouble for sitting, on each lane you have soft seats, but i guess you might only get 3-4 sitting down, there is room at the back but I know with pennants and id, spectators might have a little trouble.

all in all i would say 6 1/2 out of ten, work in progress tho.

cheers
peter.

P.S oh and tix need more practise after tonight

Back
Top Bottom