New idea for TotalBowling website

Finchy

Graham,

Remember a while ago you asked people for suggestions about what else you could add to the site? Well at the time I couldn't think of anything - although I must say I reckon Broni's idea of a local tradesperson directory was excellent!! :D :D :D

Well - I have had a thought.... :idea:

What about profiles of Australia's top 20-30 bowlers in each category, ie: men, women, boys, girls and seniors. You could have a pic or two, a small bio, where they are from, what they have won, competed in etc, when they have represented their state or country etc. Some personal interest stuff too, like (for eg) if they have a bowling superstition, who their bowling idols are etc etc.

You could probably use the TBA rankings list from the end of last year as a starting point, and then just add to the database each year.

Anyone else think it could be of interest :?: :?: :?:

That sort of thing can quickly go out of date, and the thought of keeping it up to date and maintained scares the crap out of me.

Ill keep it in mind though.

How about?

This might also be a bit of a nightmare, but how about every week or month (or even just a section on this site) the users of the forum have a profile.

I for one know very few of the people who submit discussion on the topics. I have met some people at the few tournaments I have attended, but have admired watching EVERYONE bowl, and enjoyed the conversations and friendships that I've gained. I have watched and listened to many bowlers and picked up some invaluable tips. But whenever I come into the forum I see posts from people I don't know but would like to. Until I get out a bit more and attend more tourny's, I will never get to meet these people.

Maybe a section with the users ID, possibly a photo, name, location, best stats, worst stats (even the bowlers themselves could update this part - or do it all), favourite food, least favourite food, hobbies............etc etc.

Just an idea, but would at least bring the bowling community together as a whole as I'm sure we'd all get a laugh at some of our fellow bowlers antics.

Thoughts?

Presto.

"It is far more important to do your best than to win. Those who win are not always doing their best"

How about?

Ummmm, yeah.............ok. might be an idea to ignore my previous post. just had a look at the members list and there are like over 2000 members. Would make it an absolute nightmare to do a forum user profile.

My bad, sorry about that.

Presto.

You will be pleased to know that with the next release of this forum software there will be a new and improved Member Profile section (with place for photos etc etc)

Looking at 6-12 months timeframe, but it will happen (hopefully)

Currently there is a Real Name section in the members profiles, which is to be utilised in some upcoming things. But it also helps when a person uses "JackRabbit" as their name, people looking at the forum can look at your profile and put your real name to the comments.

Thanks for the suggestion - keep them coming.

G

maybe a totalbowling chat feature so we can talk to other bowlers who are online..............

George iam behind i 110% haven a chat program for user's would be a very good thing we can all get to know each other alot betta an talk i think this would improve the site also not sayen it isnt cause this is my num 1 fav site always check it it is my home page so chattin to every1 would be a great idea for this :D

We had a chat feature and it was very popular a first. Then after a while noone ever used it.

Ive still got the chat program files, so if I get enough support im happy to bring it back.

Sound's pretty god to me grahem
Come on eevryone who wants to talk to ppl who r online total bowling give us ur thoughts if we get enough support of this we will be able to talk to one another
later's

As graham said, it was alive and kicking when it first started, then just gradually crashed and burned as time went on... i doubt there will be much interest in it, but its still a fair idea

Graham,

if you have plenty of web space etc.., you may as well put the chat back on. I would be interested also, although i work odd hours and would probably end up just chatting to myself.

Daz

I like the idea of having a directory for the bowlers. It could be set up like a bowlers yellow pages where you can list your business and services for other bowlers to use. For a fee businesses can have a an online advert that could be linked to other search engines. If this is possible it would also draw other people from outside the sport to the site and increase the exposure of the totalbowling website and bowling.

Graham if this is something that you think might be of benefit to everyone and you need some help to manage/maintain it send me an email cause i would be more than happy to help.

B

Thats ok Graham, i should have looked harder. I didnt notice it there. I hope it grows as fast as the site is and helps out alot of the bowlers out there. great job.

Thats a great idea george i am behind it cause it's a great way to chat to top profilr bowlers and they can even give u same ideas and hints on the game keep up the ideas

Back
Top Bottom