Ideas needed for Mens Worlds Team

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Was just talking to one of the members of the Men's Worlds team and he informed me they were quoted from the airlines to freight their 6 balls each to Worlds return was $1277.00 each person...

Was wondering other than fund raising, because they are doing that to cover other expenditures (flights ETC)...What other ideas can the forum members come up with to help these guys out...

Its a fair expense on top of the rest to Represent your country...Can we help some how...Any ideas would be great...

I know our World Youth team gets 35kg as a baggage limit, which only the players get. If we go over our limit it will be $70 per kg over

I think our teams should be getting help from the australian sports commision, as per every other australian team does, i think it would cheaper to freight them over

If i can get an estimate of the total equipment to be taken over i could probly get a quote from a large global logistics company i have a good relationship with via work. Im guessing 6 balls each, 6 bowlers total 36 balls at ave of 7.5kgs (inc bags etc) so about 270kgs. Also departure and delivery address would be helpful

We just arrived back from the US and they where charging U$105 for each extra bag of 23kg's so that's a stange number. We also where charged U$35 for an overweight bag, between 23 - 32kgs. With Qantas club you get and extra bag but maybe pack some clothes in each bag and pay $200 per player for two extra bags.
Take less gear and buy it there is not such a silly idea.

We just arrived back from the US and they where charging U$105 for each extra bag of 23kg's so that's a stange number. We also where charged U$35 for an overweight bag, between 23 - 32kgs. With Qantas club you get and extra bag but maybe pack some clothes in each bag and pay $200 per player for two extra bags.

Thankyou Terry. :p:p:p:p

Thankyou Terry. :p:p:p

My coach here always goes to the Seniors Open each year, and each year he recruits sponsors for the front money. Each sponsor puts up 200.00 and what ever he wins is split with the sponsors. Good luck

The problem is also that all the gear has to be freighted from Sydney. No matter which freight company we use it will be $1200 return. I cannot see us getting the gear freighted any cheaper.

I have emailed the Government for assistance, yet no reply.

Delivery address:
Dream Bowl Palace
Apianstresse 9
85774 Unterföhring
Germany

In my opinion,if you represent your country,you should NOT be paying one cent to travel, The TBA should bear the cost.

Back
Top Bottom