New idea..360 perfect game...

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters

Rikjpool

I pulled this from this website.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten-pin_bowling

About halfway down. What do you think the chances of it happening are, and what are your views on it?

"The recent wave of high scoring in the USA including more than 7 sanctioned perfect 900 series (300+300+300) in the last 10 years has led to a motion being put forward at the 2006 USBC convention (to be held during April in Florida) to increase the number of frames to 12 resulting in a perfect game in the future consisting of 14 strikes for a score of 360. However it is not felt that this motion will get the support needed due to the opposition of the computer scoring manufacturers who wouldn't be able to fit all 14 strikes on the screen."

The Wheel is the Wheel it work's.
The game of bowling forever 300 is the pinnacle never ever change like Golf hole in one is hole in one!

Gary..............................................:cool:

Gary said:
The Wheel is the Wheel it work's.
The game of bowling forever 300 is the pinnacle never ever change like Golf hole in one is hole in one!
Gary..............................................:cool:

Yes Gary, it is in the same has a Hole in One but you can always make the Par 3's longer in length (Same idea with the extra frames)

Rod

I agree with Gary. People need to understand that even if the idea was carried out and it would become 360 as a perfect score then in say another 10 or 20 years that the score will have to be changed again to an even higher level.

Theres other ways of curbing the scoring frenzy, standard balls, tighter oil regulations, pin voids, the list goes on. Scoring 360, not the answer!

GeorgeF said:
Theres other ways of curbing the scoring frenzy, standard balls, tighter oil regulations, pin voids, the list goes on. Scoring 360, not the answer!
You couldn't have put it any better. A 300 game is a 300 game, if the conditions were to be harder the pleasure of bowling a 300 would be greater.
Not taking away from those 300's that have been bowled lately because you still have to knock those pins down, but if you bowled it on a tough condition would you not feel you acheive the pinical of our game at a higher level.
Not that i know what a 300 game feels like but one day I'll pass those several 279 scores and get there.:rolleyes:

Interesting idea, but I think maybe wait till the rest of us catch up and bowl 300......might take a while LOL:rolleyes:

Rikjpool said:
increase the number of frames to 12 resulting in a perfect game in the future consisting of 14 strikes for a score of 360. "

from what i can understand that means an extra 2 strikes is needed

mongoliantreesloth they are proposing that we have 14strikes instead of 12

I agree with george and the others, regulate other areas of the game. Extending the number of frames in a game of bowling isnt adressing the real problem at hand...that being rapidly advancing technology and increasingly easier lane conditions.

Besides 360 doesnt sound as nice as 300;)

EDIT: sorry didnt realise(his post was on page 2 woops) lordsan had already informed treesloth of the extra strikes

Ridiculous idea. As the old saying goes " If it aint broke don't fix it"

Side note: I wonder how long to Mushtare bowls his 1080 in a prebowl supervised by his father.

how shattered would you be if you went out there and shot 900!!! not even close to a perfect series. Walk off the lanes say complain coz u only bowled a339 game. Sorry but 14 strikes is a joke.

But on changes to the game, its expensive but what about increasing the minimum weight of the pins. Wouldnt heavier pins create less carry therefore not as higher scores.

Kelvin

It's definately hard enough to bowl a 300 but if they want to make it harder why not tell bowlers that they have to only use one ball for the whole three games instead of having spare balls.

heavier pins disadvantage the children and the elderly and to a point the woman

nobody has mentioned about the computer scoring having to be reprogrammed to handle this ability

the game rate increasing due to extra shots

leagues running an extra 5-25 minutes a night

this would have to be the second most ridiculous post, i have seen on this site

Back
Top Bottom