Need Help on a bowling ball

Street Racer

Hey
my friend is looking for a ball that goes long and has a big hook, my friend bowls down 5 board, and he is a stroker, any help would b helpful

thanks brett

heya well first of all u would probably want to look at a polished ball. probably one that does not have a huge amount of rotation, try a storm fired up or a rotogrip apocalypse

Hi Brett,

Your friend is in need of a ball that has Medium - High RG (radius of gyration) and Medium - High RG DIFF (radius of gyration Differential)
You are looking for a ball with a very high flaring ability, but maybe with a pearlized cover to get down the lane easy.
If your friend has a favourite manufacturer, have alook at their website and look for the specs.
I am more than happy to help if need be.

Best regards,
Gavin @ AMF RICHLANDS PROSHOP

Ebonite V2 Power, i get a lot of lenght, and a very late but very powerful reaction. Might be the ball your looking for! All the Best

Hamish

Stuart Little said:
Ebonite V2 Power, i get a lot of lenght, and a very late but very powerful reaction. Might be the ball your looking for! All the Best
Hamish

yeh u could say u got length in ya V2 Power i seen it when i had to Vs in Open Brissy area, the ball is for the person u bowled up againest in the 4th rd i think, he name is liam, remember? would the ball suit him tho?

thanks brett

Well ill give a non biased opinion...HAMISH!!!!!

Read Gavs post about specs

Youll want a pearlized ball most probably your local pro shop dealer will point you in the right direction of course

AMF Richlands Proshop said:
Hi Brett,
Your friend is in need of a ball that has Medium - High RG (radius of gyration) and Medium - High RG DIFF (radius of gyration Differential)
Question regarding RG and RG Diff - what do the numbers mean? With hook potential each ball has a score and one can determine what's what fairly easily - 30/50 as opposed to 13/50 will indicate an Xcel has more hook potential than a Tornado. What scales do the RG and RG Diff scores relate to, and which scores are better for which type of delivery and lane condition?

The RG and Diff effect the ball, but it all comes down to the drilling. If you look at the drilling sheets of all the balls, more than likely, there will be a strong backend drilling. My V2 power is drill in this way, and has a great reaction. Im not giving a biased opinion, im just tell him what works for me!
Plus, i dont think Shannons the right person to be following, after all, hes only a stroker and im a so called "CRANKER", hey shannon? :p
I find no matter how much i try and "hit" the ball, it always reacts the same, even when im stroking it, which is probably more like Liams shot.
This is just what i know though, everyone has there own opinion, but this ball has givin me results, take it anyway u want!

Hamish
Ebonite - Bowl to Win!

Actually, its near impossible to find a ball with both Medium-High RG and Medium-High Differential. Its either one is high, or the other. Or both medium. but rarely both.
Low RG is anything below 2.53ish, usually nothing lower then 2.47.
Medium RG ranges from 2.54-2.56ish, With the higher RG being anything over that.
The differential is as follows... "The difference of the radius of gyration of a bowling ball’s X axis (the weight block vertical) compared to the radius of gyration of the same ball’s Y or Z axis (the weight block horizontal). Differential is an indicator of a bowling ball’s track flare potential. Bowling balls with lower differentials are more stable, therefore generating less track flare potential. Bowling balls with higher differentials are unstable, therefore generating a much larger track flare potential. Also, differential is a guide to the internal versatility of a ball. It can indicate just how much of a length adjustment can be made through drilling. Balls with lower differential will allow only modest length adjustments whereas balls with higher differential may translate into a length window of up to 5-times that of low differential balls. "
Direct from http://www.stormbowling.com/glossary/glossary.asp
The Radiud of Gyration explantion is here as well... "An account of the location of the mass inside a bowling ball. Rg tells us whether the ball has the mass toward the center of the ball (low rg), toward the cover of the ball (high rg) or somewhere in between (medium rg). 1. Low rg balls rev up quickly. 2. Medium rg balls rev up slightly later. 3. High rg balls lope down the lane saving the energy until later."

Since your mate is looking for something that is gonna give him Big hook, but gets down the lane. You should be looking for something with a Pearl reactive or pearl particle Coverstock, with a Low/ Low-Medium RG. The cover will help the ball get down the lane before making it's move. While the Low RG will give the Ball a big hook. A few balls that come to mind are the Storm Paradigm, or the Track Rule. Both will get you decent length, with lots of hook.

Later Da Cowman!

another storm ball is the fired up from what ive seen that ball has a very large flare potential. the v2 power as hamish said flips hard,or ebonites new ball the one has massive backend movement. you live in qld give gavin at richlands a call and im sure he will help you.

hope you make the right decisions.

luke green

thanks for all the advice u guys, my friend is still figureing out, but i think he is goin to try visionary, but sure yet

If one was to open his or her eyes and take a look at more than just one brand of bowling ball, you would find it very easy to find any ball with a med-high RG and med-high RG diff.Have a look at the Visionary range of bowling ball and you will find several balls in their arsenal which have these particular stats,

The med-high RG enables the ball to get down the lane and the RG Diff determines the balls hookability because of the difference between the X and Y axis of the weight block.Hence forth the RG DIFF. abreviation.It is simplified on the Hammer website. www.hammerbowling.com

For example...Centaur AMB solid.RG 2.56 (med-high) RG Diff .062 (high)
how about the Centaur Pearl RG 2.56 (med-high) RG Diff .065 (high)

when i bowled junior at lawnton (1994 ) i had a colombia beast polished up
little bit of finger weight
i used to bowl 3 - 5 board all day and huge snap at back like it just used to change its mind and go left after 50 feet
still to date my favourite ball ever

Remember there is a difference between mediem-high rg and differential. Compared to Medium RG and High Diff. Check those balls you listed on the visionary site and you might just see what I'm talking about.
I never said it was impossible, just not very common, which is true.

Later Da Cowman!

peter56 said:
i would like to know if i will get best results from an ebonite xxx if it was dull or polished
Im guessin that u mean XXXCel. I've has success with it polished, and sanded. When i first got the ball, i prefered it polished, but later on (about a month ago) i needed a ball that would hook a bit more, so i got it sanded to 800 grit. Both of these finishes have worked, seeing as ive bowled a 300 with it polished and sanded. I guess it just comes down to what u need the ball to do, hook a lot, or get length.

Hope ive helped.
Hamish
Ebonite - Bowl to Win!
AMF RICKLANDS

It's more the drilling than the ball. There are literally hundreds of balls on the market that will do what you want it to, as long as you drill it right.

Make sure you get the right combination of ball and drilling layout to match what you want to do.

A Visionary Bronze AMB Centaur would probably work quite well, with a strong drilling, it should get far enough down the lane (has a pearl cover) and the AMB core holds enough energy for nice pop at the breakpoint.

Back
Top Bottom