How to fully whack ball?

K

Kirk Hammett

hey,

i currently bowl a stroker style and only generate about 10 revs lol i know, its not much at all. i'd really appreciate any tips or suggestions that would help me generate a lot more revolutions on the ball. maybe even some tips on how to convert from a stroker style to a cranker/ power bowler style.

thanks lads

of coarse the pockets not wide enough for me, i only get like 10revs. thats one of the reason why i'm asking for help.

kirk,

its kind of difficult to explain how to get more power on the ball, one would have to be shown. its important have ur hand fully behind the ball at the point of release. your elbow needs to to be used to help gain power, it needs to be inside of ur body when u release, (this is difficult to explain, ask someone to show you). Also, increasing ur knee bend at the foul line will help u gain more leverage on the ball, but make sure u r bending your knee to get lower and not ur whole body.

Hope this helps, some of it mite not make sense ... difficult to explain

thanks shaky, i understand what u mean with staying behind the ball. i'll give that a go. though i wasnt really sure about the whole elbow thing. sounds complicated. thanks for tryin to help me anyway dude

Ever thought of trying accuracy? With the equipment out there today 10 revs is enough, if you can hit your mark consistantly.

Come out from under the ball. Cup the ball in your hand so at the point of release you're all fingers. Get a deep knee bend at the foul line.

You put added stress on the shoulder, elbow and wrist. Crankers generally have a shorter life span than the strokers.

thanks for the tips guys. i've tried what i could so far. i haven't really got so many more revs but i now have better rotation with a harder breaking point. so i guess thats ok for now. i'd still like to get some more tips though. cheers

if you want to get more revs on the ball you can curl up your pinky finger that makes the fingers become fermer and harder and you release the ball with alot more pressure on your hand and fingers giving you more lift and rotation but remember getting alot more rotation on the ball doesn't gaurantee you strikes every time .

Be careful tucking your pinky, it can put a lot of stress on your hand. I've personally busted my hand up doing this in the past, but I know other guys that do it all the time with no problems, just be aware that if you get any sort of uncomfortable sensation stop tucking the pinky straight away.

Also, you will end up with a better game if you try & concentrate on an accurate game with a solid roll as a stroker than you wil trying to "fully wack it". Maybe go to the gym to build up strength in your joints, so as you can bowl with a cocked wrist, and plenty of lift.

Back
Top Bottom