Nationals Locations

Just a question. To why the ATBSO can take there nationals to Western Australia but the Adults nationals is in Melbourne next year.

Why is it that this is the 1st year since 1999 that the nationals have been taken outside of Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria? This year Tasmania, 1999 South Australia.

When is it going to go to Western Autralia again, last time it was there was 1997.

How about Northern Territory or South Australia?

Why is it staying on the east coast?

To me that is not what the Nationals is about. It should be getting moved around the country each year.

Interested to hear what other people thoughts are!
Damien Mcandrew

probarly its not economically viable to hold it in some states would be my guess as i think thats one reason the juniors are normally in the easten states

Its up to centres to bid for the Nationals, if they don't put in for it the TBA can't force them, thats my understanding. They also have to be able to meet certain criteria but you would have to check the TBA website to confirm what they are.

I read it the same way as Coconut, the centres have to submit a bid for it.
Moonah in Hobart is hosting the Nationals this year for the first time since 1991.
Back in those days, you had to have a backup centre close by, just in case things fouled up at the main centre - in 1991's case Moonah had Mornington Tenpin about 17kms away as its backup centre.
The following year, AMF, who had stepped in and bought out the financially troubled Mornington from its owners (Charles Martin Construction) only about 18 months prior, closed the centre for good.
That left Hobart without a backup centre, and up until only about 2 years ago, Moonah had fallen into a miserable state of disrepair, to the point where a National tournament could not be held there.
It was my understanding that Moonah put in a bid for the ATBSO and the TBA Nationals after it was fully renovated, and with no further need to supply a backup centre as was the case in the past, was the successful applicant.

Back
Top Bottom