MONUMENTAL CHOKES!!!!

F

Funky Chicken

I have always been a big believer in not taking yourself too seriously, so I thought I would share a little joke with you at my expense.

I bowl Friday Night doubles at Currajong Super Bowl (Townsville). Now every week about 15-20 of us put in $2 for high game scratch, and there is usually $30-40 in the kitty.

After game 1 high game was 245, before Geoff Ott started game 2 with the first 9 in a row. He then pulled the 10th ball high for the 3,6,10 and finishing with a 275. I thought to myself "Geez, what a crappy way to blow a good game, if I get the same chance I won't do that!!"

Game 3 was uneventful. Then I started game 4 with the first 9 in a row. I am lucky enough to have already shot a 300, but I don't mind admitting that I was quite nervous as it has been 5 years. As I strode boldly towards the ball return, I thought "oh well if I don't get 300 at least I am sure to beat Otty's 275 and get a bit of cash." (Prophetic last words).

I let the 10th ball rip and as soon as it left my hand it was headed for the head pin, not the pocket but flush 1 pin. I left none other than the 7/10.

THANKS VERY MUCH!!! No 300, No Kitty Money, and I needed a spare in the 10th frame to shoot a 1000 for 4, instead shooting 990.

The worst thing about this is that I couldn't blame the lanes, the pins, my ball, the weather, the lunar cycle etc. The blame lay squarely at my feet.

I think I will change my name from Funky Chicken to F@#%ing Choker!!!

Regards

Steve
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

My best choke ever would have to be a Wednesday night, when I managed to chuck 489 for the first 2, and didnt manage to score 600 for 3?

Thats right, 109 in the last game. One reason why I got rid of my Ninja RPM

Hmm...Chokes...well known for them!
5-10 on the 12th shot for 298, Missing a 4 pin against Jason Walsh for top spot in the 97 junior masters, then getting beated by Chris Carney for 3rd.
Throwing a gutter on the 12th shot to lose the point in league, 3 times!!!
Opening the 10th, missing a 2 pin to let little Trent Pearce bag out and get into the SPC by a pin over me! Lol...
All good fun though,...

didnt tell anyone the 7 pin only just fell? hehe just kidding

it was a good shot hitting the pocket and pity the carry wasnt there

as for those league night gutter balls.....well glad im in anchor hehehe j/k

just eclipse the chokes and when you do strike when you need to get on that ball return and ride that thang like a bull baby .. WHHHOOOO HHAAAAAAAA!!!
taught by the master himself.....

DJ LUKO

Like my fellow team-mates DJ and Calais, I too have had some shockers over the years.
1990 Coke at Mornington - Needs 287/2 to make the cut, shoots 137 and 149 -misses by a pin.
1993 ATBC Junior Masters at Fairlanes in Perth - The Tiger has to shoot 142 to make the Masters Cut - and shoots 140.
League 1993 - 207-118-119 for 444
League 1997 - 255-255-159 for 669
League 1998 - 199-262-123 for 584
Leading DJ Luko by over 50 pins two years in a row in Hobart Masters and losing both times.
Not as bad as another team-mate of ours last week AC-Delco 278-133-165 !!!
Or Anthony Cox's brilliant display of 279 then 108 about eight years ago.
Can happen to us all.
icon_mad.gif
icon_confused.gif

I was just reading through a 1993 Presidents Shield and Nationals Results - to see a high game of a junior bowler - 295...

DO you think "Choke" is the appropriate word?

Saw that game - Nucifora from Nth Qld I think his name was - 11 in a row and 4-6-7-9-10 greek church.
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Hey Mark,

Southern Tiger would be one of your mates - Matthew Clamond. Not sure whether he would want me to tell you that but oh well!

He'll forgive me
icon_smile.gif
icon_razz.gif

I have been guilty of a monumental CHOKE W.A Open in 1990 front 11 2-4-5 leave for 297 and missed out on $20,000. Not to be out done my ex wife a month later at Taree S.P.C spot final 142-280-140 for 562 and the 280 game was strike miss spare sheet.

Keep on smilin'

Tuesday morning league I had a run during the season of 226,226,244,279,216,239,248,265,259,237,223,246,191......127
icon_redface.gif

I hate those days when you get your thumb hanging in the ball one shot, dropping out the next and being perfect another.
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_mad.gif

Hey every1

Chokers we have 1 at X-rd who shall stay name less but 2000 shield trials 4 2001 throws a couple of 250's and then a couple of 140's 2 miss the cut (10th) by 2 pins! Then this year 10 in a row then a 9 spare!

Me just this sunday starts with 4 in a row then beautiful pocket shot 8 pin left standing there spares it but then ends up wif a 180 game!
icon_biggrin.gif

icon_eek.gif
This is a CHOKE at the SA shield trials i bowled a 117 after a 220 game , then bowled 3 200 games
icon_sad.gif

cu later

Well, not as impressive as some chokes, but chucked a 772 series (for four) last night with a 152 game, which fell straight after a 240 game and right before a 212 game.

if that wasn't enough the 240 game was spare, strike, spare, 5 bagger gutter spare, off the sheet.... damn impressive i thought..
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Well heres one for you in junior nationals in 99 qualifying for masters at elizibeth bowl i started of with a very nice 126 the a nice 150 pin jump to 276 and then and 264 for a 666 to miss the cut by under 5 pins .

how is that for good work
icon_mad.gif
icon_confused.gif

my stepson paul g from sa was bowling his saturday morning league and went the first 11 flush and then left the 4-6-7-9-10 for a nice 295. least to say he was not a happy person
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif

hey pplz

THANKS ALOT A.C.N, I KNOW WHO U ARE!!!

Yes it is true, i did bowl a 257 and a 200 then followed it up eith two 146 games. I am not proud of it but i made it up this year and made the cut. I learnt from my past mistakes

oh well

A.C.N... nevermind

c ya
BRad

A long time ago, step ladder final at junior coke classic (or something along those lines) at kelmscott, every shot practically in the pocket (9 or stike) leading by miles then leaves the 1-8-9 in 10th and missed spare for 224 to have opponent stike out for a 225. I was heartbroken
icon_sad.gif

Back
Top Bottom