LANE CONDITIONS

How many of you peeps bowl at knox at present .
:( Yes I know what you all are thinking ,now i have bowled at knox for nearly 14 years (poor me) and have seen alot of changes , wood to hpl in 2000 being a major .
But over the recent months the lane condition has gone from bad to worse
yer yer i know knox is bad enough to bowl on at the best of times, but when you bowl in a money league and you cannot get the ball past 30 feet before
it trails to the gutter (don`t forget i`m a lefty ) i have to use my spare ball
through as hard as ,and we get light brooky , thats from ten board .
dose`nt make for pretty bowling considering the other lane was arcing nicely.
makes for sore muscles and a frustrating night .
Anyway now that i have vented my anger at the keyboard is there anybody
that i can make an offical complant to about this matter:mad:

trev the lefty said:
How many of you peeps bowl at knox at present .
:( Yes I know what you all are thinking ,now i have bowled at knox for nearly 14 years (poor me) and have seen alot of changes , wood to hpl in 2000 being a major .
But over the recent months the lane condition has gone from bad to worse
yer yer i know knox is bad enough to bowl on at the best of times, but when you bowl in a money league and you cannot get the ball past 30 feet before
it trails to the gutter (don`t forget i`m a lefty ) i have to use my spare ball
through as hard as ,and we get light brooky , thats from ten board .
dose`nt make for pretty bowling considering the other lane was arcing nicely.
makes for sore muscles and a frustrating night .

I hear you!

Seems short oilling is AMF's specialty. For the second week in a row, I resorted to using the good old maxim to keep the ball on the lane. It must be the next great way for them to save money.

Its either that, or to stop people bitching about lanes being too easy, and completely shut out bowlers with any sort of decent release and gear.:cool:

Ahh mate.. it's not just Knox... up here in Sunny Sydney, Hornsby is the same... oil is short and light.... and this is for a 5 men team x 3 games... i'm only a mild tweener and my light oil ball was moving from 5 board into the pocket in the first game... somewhere in the 2nd game the lanes went a reverse blocked... it gets a little difficult!

Rayzer said:
Ahh mate.. it's not just Knox... up here in Sunny Sydney, Hornsby is the same... oil is short and light.... and this is for a 5 men team x 3 games... i'm only a mild tweener and my light oil ball was moving from 5 board into the pocket in the first game... somewhere in the 2nd game the lanes went a reverse blocked... it gets a little difficult!

I sure remember that when I bowled there last year, so nothing has changed from the sounds.

The only consolation was me picking up the 7-10 in front of my sister.

bitchy lil brunette said:
It's not just Knox or Hornsby, It's Redcliffe too

Really? Last time I bowled there I averaged 237.

Did they start throwing all their oil into the deep fryer or something?

Try Salisbury in South Australia.

The **** conditions caused by social bowlers on the lanes between late afternoon oiling and Sunday night 6:00pm league is likely to cause a mass exodus at the end of this league season.

All for the sake of a few extra dollars from once in a lifetime social bowlers, it is going to take away their bread and butter - REGULAR LEAGUE BOWLERS.

SMART, VERY SMART.

aphelion said:
Really? Last time I bowled there I averaged 237.
Did they start throwing all their oil into the deep fryer or something?

How long ago did you bowl there?
LOL! maybe they need to put the oil from the deep fryer onto the lanes?

bitchy lil brunette said:
How long ago did you bowl there?
LOL! maybe they need to put the oil from the deep fryer onto the lanes?

It was when the Twin Tour was held there...March or something.

That's why I was surprised, if it has gone downhill so quickly.

Greg, surely you remember the state the lane surface even then? I walked in a nearly fell over when I saw it..

If it was that bad then, I'd hate to think what it's like now! I can't see a surface like that holding too much oil in the right places anyway..

It was great for the Redcliffe city open last year though, let's hope something gets done soon.

aphelion said:
It was when the Twin Tour was held there...March or something.
That's why I was surprised, if it has gone downhill so quickly.
yeah nothing wrong with redcliffe that weekend almost half the male field averaged over the card.

trev the lefty said:
Try Knox Manager..if not see Gary lol ;)
Good luck Trev
Alex :cool:

hmmmm B B A regarding sailsbury sorry but i have yet seen you release a ball properly or lift the ball so how can you comment on the lane conditions besides there was a 285 and a 260 and several 200 hundreds through out the league so please exsplaine to me how the lane conditions are bad i dont understand

As to my shot Graham, I am the first to admit I am a total hack and I don't profess to be anything else - at least I know my limitations, unlike others. I prefer to stay at home on June long weekend rather than embarrass myself.

For the second week in a row, where my team bowled there had been social bowlers on the lanes just before league and the lanes were trashed.

I don't care what other people did, nor is it relevant in the context of my post - the simple fact is the centre does not care enough to present the lanes in the right fashion for league bowlers 100% of the time, as it should.

Change oil patterns & etc, sure - I don't have a problem with that, but where through lack of concern or being driven by the almighty dollar, the lanes are trashed before you get on them - that is where I get my back up.

As you said to me last night Graham, the social bowlers were put where we were bowling whilst the other lanes were being oiled.

If short term profit was not the issue, the lanes would be oiled 30 mins to max of an hour before league and then social bowlers would not have time to ruin the lanes - not 2 hours before league and then a free for all with no concern to the league bowlers.

Bowling Balls Australia said:
As to my shot Graham, I am the first to admit I am a total hack and I don't profess to be anything else - at least I know my limitations, unlike others. I prefer to stay at home on June long weekend rather than embarrass myself.
For the second week in a row, where my team bowled there had been social bowlers on the lanes just before league and the lanes were trashed.
I don't care what other people did, nor is it relevant in the context of my post - the simple fact is the centre does not care enough to present the lanes in the right fashion for league bowlers 100% of the time, as it should.
Change oil patterns & etc, sure - I don't have a problem with that, but where through lack of concern or being driven by the almighty dollar, the lanes are trashed before you get on them - that is where I get my back up.
As you said to me last night Graham, the social bowlers were put where we were bowling whilst the other lanes were being oiled.
If short term profit was not the issue, the lanes would be oiled 30 mins to max of an hour before league and then social bowlers would not have time to ruin the lanes - not 2 hours before league and then a free for all with no concern to the league bowlers.

I know what bowling on that's like - try 5 leagues plus social before we get on the lanes on a Friday. I'm still holding onto a 194 or so average there.. and that's after working graveyard shift the night before and following ;)

I've been in that situation with oiling before personally, and I tried to make sure that no social was put on the fresh lanes before the league where possible, but we wouldn't turn people away.

the oil pattern never changes the kegal is pass word protected and only usher and floydy have it we have one standard pattern for all leagues and when we have 24 lanes off league its a bit hard not to put social on the fresh oil or they will never be ready in time but as to waiting until 30 min or 1 hour before laegue it takes 1 hour to oil the lanes and when we have tried it in the past half off your league complained the lanes where too wet its a catch 22 we either plaese you or the majority so learn to deal with it

Simmo said:
the oil pattern never changes the kegal is pass word protected and only usher and floydy have it we have one standard pattern for all leagues and when we have 24 lanes off league its a bit hard not to put social on the fresh oil or they will never be ready in time but as to waiting until 30 min or 1 hour before laegue it takes 1 hour to oil the lanes and when we have tried it in the past half off your league complained the lanes where too wet its a catch 22 we either plaese you or the majority so learn to deal with it

i wish our league complained the lanes were to wet. whats there problem with the lanes having abit of oil on them

alexnjudy said:
Try Knox Manager..if not see Gary lol ;)
Good luck Trev
Alex :cool:
unfortunately this is not the first time this has happend and probably not the last either,but they just don`t care about league bowlers.
apparently they where having a $ 2.00 dollar a game promo. at the time ,and really did not care because the place was full (shock)league and social everywhere, then got my head bitten off for saying something about it . so i gave up sunday nights and concentrate on sat. at least if something is wrong then the whole leauge is in uproar , well as least the major part there of.As for gazza dont know if he has had any major hassels,but his ave is down like mine

Back
Top Bottom