Kicking Ball Returns

To be honest I don't think it will be stopped - when people get angry or pieved off I dont think they really care what happens. I thinks it's more about the matury of the person & being able to control your emotions. This sport can really get going especially when you think you deserve one result then get another.

Mainly younger people can't control thier emotions and as you get older you tend be able to say it does not matter its only a game. I know this is not always the case but I rarely see people of 30+ years kick or damage equipement.

I think to stop the problem we need more education & try to get people to understand the emotional side of the game. We are often taught technical side of the game not the mental. If you look at the great bowlers of the past they have great understanding of both - something which I am trying to work on.

If kicking the ball return and being held accountable for your actions is the worst thing that can happen in our sport, I think we are doing ok.

How's my friend Autoro from Mexico........

Sam Town, Vegas - Throws a ball in the playing area through the ceiling (3 metre+) and then just walks out of the bowl

Bahrain - Headbutts the scoring console so hard he knocks himself out and has to be carried out of the playing area unconscious

Sweden - Decides to start crushing apples with his forehead during a squad to get kicked out of the squad after a poor first 2 games (that particular tournament you were not allowed to pull out of your squad, so he decided to do something to get kicked out)

Not to mention shootings in football, drugs in sport, the list goes on.

I think we are doing ok if this is the worst thing that can happen, again, just my views :D

Hey George you have a strange friend there for sure if not psycho , but hey they say they are POCO LOCO .Cheers Ralph .

If kicking the ball return and being held accountable for your actions is the worst thing that can happen in our sport, I think we are doing ok.
How's my friend Autoro from Mexico........
Sam Town, Vegas - Throws a ball in the playing area through the ceiling (3 metre+) and then just walks out of the bowl
Bahrain - Headbutts the scoring console so hard he knocks himself out and has to be carried out of the playing area unconscious
Sweden - Decides to start crushing apples with his forehead during a squad to get kicked out of the squad after a poor first 2 games (that particular tournament you were not allowed to pull out of your squad, so he decided to do something to get kicked out)
Not to mention shootings in football, drugs in sport, the list goes on.
I think we are doing ok if this is the worst thing that can happen, again, just my views :D
dont suppose any of that is on youtube george thats bizare but slighty amusing ;)

The point was about "my equipment" and "reasonable wear"
I see so many bowlers whine because they get a scratch 3cm long, barely deep enough to break the surface. You throw a soft covered object at hard infrastructure, you get reasonable wear, suck it up.
Can't agree there, they're actually remarkably similar.
In any case, the facility will generally repair/replace a competitors personal property if it is damaged beyond the reasonable expectation of regular use. A scuff or scratch in bowling is not unreasonable, especially if you throw it in the gutter.
I apologise for introducing complex abstract concepts in a sporting forum, I was at work and evidently had not changed my mode of thinking back into english.

If there so similar, next time you play golf see if you can hit your 15lb resurgence on the green at the 150 metre par 3.

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

I agree with you about "reasonable wear".

It's when the pin deck comes down without the sweep when the balls 1/2 way down the lane & comes back missing a 3-4 inch piece 3/4 in deep in a 2 day old new ball. And the best the bowling centre would do was plug it. Centres are all to quick to jump up and say they take no responsibility and you bowl there at your own risk.

Yeah, but how much would the club dislike me if I landed 15lbs on a green... :p Kinda fits the topic now, doesn't it !

And yes I agree on your unreasonable wear there, a malfunction of that degree is beyond reasonable expectation

Back
Top Bottom