KEN MILLS KUP 2007

dufus

A Big thank you to all the Bowlers, Managers, Coaches and spectators that participated in the Ken Millls Kup 2007. The 3rd running of this Tournament and the first year that it was full with 10 centres represented (140 bowlers).
Congratulations to Aspley for winning the Boys
Congratulations to Mt Warren for winning the Girls and for defending their championship by winning the Ken Mills Kup for the second year in a row.
A special mention to the Junior Bowlers who conducted themselves with great sportspersonship, no warnings for the second year in a row, makes my job a pleasure.
Thank you to AMF Redcliffe for their efforts.
See you all next year
Cheers Darren

i would like to thank darren and the redcliffe staff on a faboules (opps wrong spelling) weekend/tourny woooo go ASPLEY and thanks to the other teams for doing ya best heheheh

joshy

I'd like to rap all the bowlers on the weekend while its obvious there is a truckload of junior talent in South Qld i was in awe of the sportsmanship displayed on the weekend.

It really goes to show if you look hard enough the future of this sport is bright.

I would have to say... i had alot of fun over the weekend.. (i'm abit sad it was my first and last ken mills kup) good seeing the whole centre full of junior bowlers having lots of fun....

Congrats to Aspley and Mt Warren...

I would just like to say a big Thank you to Redcliffe and Darren and HIs Team of helpers this tournament wouldn't run so smooth without them.

I would like to say Thanks to all the other teams and my own for making this weekend so awesome.

Congratulations to Mt Warren and Go Aspley we Rock. A big Congrats to Daniel Lester and Olivia Hillard on getting the Sportsmanship Awards was well deserved. Also to Little Miranda from Ashmore Congrats on getting the Ken Mills Kup award.

It was a great weekend of bowling by all athletes.
Congrats to Mt. Warren on their win. (We'll get you next time :p )
I would like to personally thank the players, managemet of Mt. Gravatt for their efforts and dedication to teamwork.
For the team to place second overall was a massive acheivement!
2nd for the girls and 3rd for the boys was a fitting reward for the hard work put in by all.
A huge congrats to Trent, Amanda & Rachel for making Allstars, well done guys were all prroud of you.
Lastly I would like to say thanks to all the teams and their management for the making the weekend enjoyable and for their great sportsmanship.

We look forward to seeing you again next year.
==========================================================

Good to see Ken Mills again as always

Jeff

Go Mt Warren! Had a ball all weekend, even though i was on the grandstands for all of it, it was very entertaining. Well done to my mate Daniel Lester for taking out the boy's Best and fairest, he definetly deserved it.

It was a great weekend and everyone had a blast and congrats all who participated. As far as the tournament goes it was very well run. :D

Unfortunately the same cannot be said for the presentations. Stuffing up the all stars line-up for the second year in a row is a joke. I realise that mistakes happen as we are all human but to have two people dragged from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows is unforgivable. For this the organisers should be ashamed of themselves and deeply embarrassed. It could have been handled much better, like get it right the first time.

Sour grapes......definitely not. Just thinking of how these two people must have felt. Let's hope there's no repeat next year and tarnish what is a very good event.

Congrats too everyone who bowled.

yeow congrats to everyone who made all stars both scratch and handicapp. hopefully we can get their names posted here soon....

A full list of results will be posted as soon as possible, as you may or maynot be aware the full spread sheet is massive and takes time to condence it. A full hard copy of all the results will be sent to each team as it becomes available.
And as for REDNUT, mate your comments are unkind and unappreciated, the ladies that sat in the tournament room for 22 hours on the weekend (and many hours getting ready for this event) volunteering THEIR time so YOU can bowl in a tournament of this magnitude deserve a little more credit.If that is the best you can offer after a full weekend of great sportsmanship, great bowling and great fun, then no wonder we find it hard to get volunteers to help in our sport with such ungratefulness. The situation for the committee is already embarrassing enough for it to happen 2 years in a row, but if the whole weekend is judged on 1 error, which was fixed before everyone left, then our sport is in big trouble.
Not interested in negative vibe about this tournament, constructive critisism is appreciated.
Cheers Darren

Dufus (an obviously appropriate name), if you had chosen to read the post properly you would have noticed that I clearly said that "the tournament....was very well run" and that it was a "very good event" and "mistakes happen"

In no way am I criticising the commitment or dedication of the volunteers. I am strongly suggesting (constructively) that you consider the feelings of people by getting it right the first time. Emotions are strong and to effect them the way you did is embarrassing, not only for the organisers but the athletes themselves.

One time is a mistake...the second time.....

Here are the Allstars Teams for the Ken Mills Kup 2007
SCRATCH BOYS
Dean McGregor 219.6
Chris Wingett 207.3
Jake Greenhill 195.1
Steven Armstrong 191.2
Alex Knapp 190.6
SCRATCH GIRLS
Rochelle Mottllee 193.6
Jodee Hayter 186.2
Becky Manderson 182.7
Michelle Oberman 180.6