Ken Mills Kup

Pouch

Does anyone know what will become of the Ken Mills Kup this year... I hope Dean and the crew are able to find new premises... This is a tournament that our juniors need.

Cheers Pouch

The same goes here just wondering if anybody knows yet. All my kids have been asking me and I am telling we have not heard anything.
Please help
Towie

Really I think it should go back to Redcliffe. Just for this year while Ipswich gets back on its feet and sorted out.
Its a tournament in recognition of Mr. Mills. Redcliffe is where he did a lot of his coaching work with the juniors. It wouldnt hurt to send the tournament back to where it began.
Coming from someone who bowled this tournament and captained his team for it when he was a junior, I can honestly say that its a brilliant tournament for the juniors. Its a lot of fun and Darren has been an awesome driving force behind it since it began.

- Adam Grandison

Totally agree with you Adam.

Maybe for this year, Redcliffe would be the ideal centre.

We do not want to lose another junior event.
Mrs P.

Yes this tournament should be ran where ever it can. There has been far too many junior tournaments that have been lost or changed over the years. This is a special one in that it recognizes Mr Ken Mills and his contributions to junior bowling.

I know that Jason from AMF Kedron would be interested in hosting this tournament. It might be a go to give him a call and find out what he may be able to do for the Juniors. Kedron has been working super hard to become a credible centre on the North Side of Brisbane again and the work that Jason, Shayne and all the other staff there has been a tribute to their love of bowling and the fact they all want to see bowling become a strong sport again. As a former student of Mr Mills while involved in State Teams, Jason has the experience and love of the game that is needed to host this tournament well.

The North Side of Brisbane was Ken's home and it would be great to see this great tournament back in its home area again. Whether that be Redcliffe or Kedron is up to AMF I guess. Either or would be great for the junior game.

Phillip Fagg

That is an excellent idea Phil and yes Jason and staff have got Kedron on the map again! It is all up to Darren Fagg as he is the driving force behind this great tournament.

Yes I too would like to see this tournament run as the kids love it. The question I have is, Is it all up to Darren. I am aware Darren does not have a centre at the moment and life out Ipswich way is not great. We need Darren to either let bowlers know if he is going to run it or put it up for someone else to run this year. Lets not sit around waiting please. These things take organisation at all levels. If it is on the North side, I will put my hand up to assist but I do not have the knowledge to run it.

Yes I too would like to see this tournament run as the kids love it. The question I have is, Is it all up to Darren. I am aware Darren does not have a centre at the moment and life out Ipswich way is not great. We need Darren to either let bowlers know if he is going to run it or put it up for someone else to run this year. Lets not sit around waiting please. These things take organisation at all levels. If it is on the North side, I will put my hand up to assist but I do not have the knowledge to run it.

James,
The KMK is Darren Fagg's tournament.
There is still plenty of time for notification. Don't stress just yet.

Mrs P.

Just letting everyone know that the KMK has been offered to TBAQ to take over. This is after long conversation between Darren and TBAQ.
Please stay tuned for more updates!

Danish, the committee is yet to sit down with Darren and Lyn to discuss the event etc in relation to venue to be decided or if any tenders have to go out to centres. As soon as info is available it will be posted.

Grant

Back
Top Bottom