Kedron Skins tourn (with K&K win a spot)

Kedron

Let's Roll
Hello all,

Due to the Kedron Cup being postponed, we have decided to run a skins tournament on Sunday May 14th. Details are below:

Time: Check-in 10am, bowl 10.15am
Cost: $60

Format:
* 10 games scratch, lane change after every 2
* High scratch game wins skin each game.
* High scratch pinfall at the end of the day will receive a fully paid entry into the 2006 K&K Classic the following weekend.

I will be taking names for the skins through this post, via email, or call the bowl on 3350-1177.

Thanks.

Jason
AMF Kedron Bowl

Jason,

How much is each Skin worth????

And why is it that they canceled the AMF Kedron Cup that was to be held in your centre, to hold another Event for the same day?????

My apologies Jase,

Skins will start at a minimum of $40 each, however the more bowlers we get, the higher the skins wil become.

Thanks,

Jason.

Kedron,
MOTHERS' DAY..
You poor Mums'..+ Wives
Can't even have a day off from being dragged out to a bowling centre.

Sounds silly to run a Skins when the Kedron Cup has been postponed.
What no HANDICAP skins!! What about the lower average bowlers..or again is this for only the top average bowlers..

What about some Entry forms for the little Junior Cup that is supposed to be on 28th May. It is only a month away.

Icequeen said:
Kedron,
What no HANDICAP skins!! What about the lower average bowlers..or again is this for only the top average bowlers..

Handicap skins aren't worth the paper they are written on....only have to take a look at the results from Aspley last weekend. The higher average bowlers scooped the pool, in both divisions. In my opinion, the only way a handicap skins would work is by limiting "handicap" to those bowlers with VERIFIED LEAGUE averages 185 and below...anyone else higher just bowls scratch.

Broni :rolleyes:

Broni,
Thanks, I know all that.

Occassionally, JUST OCCASSIONALLY can't a centre put on a Skins for some of the lower average bowlers. (Male & females)

Anyway it doesn't matter, I'm always having this arguement with someone or other.](*,)
Just voicing our personal opinion.

bm2 said:
Handicap skins aren't worth the paper they are written on....only have to take a look at the results from Aspley last weekend. The higher average bowlers scooped the pool, in both divisions. In my opinion, the only way a handicap skins would work is by limiting "handicap" to those bowlers with VERIFIED LEAGUE averages 185 and below...anyone else higher just bowls scratch.Broni :rolleyes:
That sounds like a fair format.
The verified league average is a must too i think.

Hi guys,

I am aware that the Kedron Cup was supposed to be on this day, but seeing as though it was postponed, we decided that we would still hold something for those that a) want to have a roll in the centre before the K&K, and b) give people an opprtunity to have their entry fee paid for in the K&K.

As for the handicap skins, we did look at the possibility of including handicap this time around, however we have decided to hold another skins later on in the year around June/July which will include handicap.

Jason.

Have the Lanes been verified yet??????????????????????
So you want us, the bowlers to spend mothers day trying to win $40 dollars at Kedron, muh ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Could it be a case of since the Kedron Cup was cancelled, we would try and still get some money out of it, now theres an Idea

Steve,

Lanes have been verified and are all OK.
Still taking names for this event as above.
Don't forget highest scratch pinfall wins fully paid entry into K&K Classic.

Jason.

Can you add my name down to the list to bowl, I need the practice. I can undertstand the reasoning to not have the Kedron event and replace it with this event. It does now give us all something extra to bowl in plus with the largest tournament entries in the country it must be an effort to organise and run.
I will add - don't be so quick to judge ...

bm2 said:
Is the K&K pattern going to be down for the skins????

Jason,

you've anwered everything but this. If it is not going down for the skins, when will it be down prior to the event??

Hi all,

Still taking names for this one.
Unfortunately the tournament pattern will not be down for that day.

Jason.

bm2 said:
If it is not going down for the skins, when will it be down prior to the event??

C'mon Kedron......

in every other centre where there is a ranked event, the locals get to grab a bit of practise on the pattern BEFORE the main event. With this being a double ranked event, and therefore a "more difficult" (supposedly) pattern than the normal ranked events, wouldn't it be practical to lay it at least a week early, even if for nothing more than ironing out any possible problems in the pattern before the KnK starts?

Or are we, the locals in the (cheaper) Thursday night squad, simply going to be the guinea pigs for an untried condition that could well be changed before the guns get here on the weekend?:confused:

bm2 said:
Or are we, the locals in the (cheaper) Thursday night squad, simply going to be the guinea pigs for an untried condition that could well be changed before the guns get here on the weekend?:confused:

Lol, you crack me up broni. Isnt that how its usually done. Or the Guns as you say will bowl on it thurs night after your squad, and than give feed back to iron out the problems, lol

Back
Top Bottom