Junior Shield @ Rocky

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
TBAQ are concerned at the increasing costs for Junior bowlers to attend development camps in both North and South Qld.

It has therefore been decided to schedule a development camp which will be held in Rocky immediately prior to the Junior Shield event in January.

We hope that by running these events together it will save some of the expenses that would be incurred by separate North and South camps held on a later date.

will this replace the development camp we have at easter in townsville

In all probability it will.
The Junior Nationals are also on at Easter and we felt that there might not be sufficient demand for a camp held at the same time.
However the NQ Junior Committee will obviously assess the demand and make that decision.
We also want to offer both NQ and SQ Juniors an opportunity to get together in one combined camp.
This isn't a permanent fixture - it may well not work out, however it is something different and we thought it worth trying.
We are interested in your feedback, so tell us what you think. :D

hrmm from a jnr point of veiw... its good that north and south can meet up.. but lookin at it from a bowlers point of veiw.. why would anyone want to have a trying camp on no oil?? theres nothing to learn from it besides how to throw a 987890km/h.. and having it in summer its bound to make some people sick.

krystal

having the camp at rocky is good if u need to learn how to bowl on dry and marjorly dry that is, but not a very good idea in my point of view

Put it this way, if all of you reckon that you are good or brilliant bowlers, then maybe you should relish the chance to bowl at rocky. What defines a good or brilliant bowler, somebody that has to think about there shot every ball or somebody that just has to sit the ball in the oil which will track the ball into the pocket. A brilliant bowler is one that can adapt to any condition that they are presented with instead of the condition that they are a customed too. It may seem that im sticking up for rocky, but i can assure that im not.. the conditions there when i was there were crap as you already know, but if your a brilliant bowler you should be able to bowl on any lane that you are presented with. Rebecca and Matty Simpson, and Tanya Stevenson all originated from rocky, and i can almost guarantee that now they think the lanes were crap, but hey it must of helped there bowling somehow, and what are coaches for? if your having trouble with the condition arent they there too help you? or are they just too look pretty?

I heard a rumour at nationals that after next when Australian junior championships and Junior shield is held that it is going to be moved to january cause everyone is on school holidays then. Which would mean youth and juniors do a swap???

But why learn how to bowl a ball on lanes that are going to hook at the arrows? Rocky is a good place to learn accuracy.. if ya wanna look at it like that.. but tell me people who cut in tournments that dont pay attention to every shot?

Rocky is a stepping stone for jnrs i agree but theres no point in having a development camp there.

krystal

That just goes to show Krystal how much you are willing to commit to bowling.
Yes Rocky is a tough centre, Yes it is probably one of the driest in Australia but will you honestly refuse to go up there because of these reasons.
Experience on different conditions is one thing I know that alot of people lack from their game. Not only that I'm sure there is more to bowling then just one lane condition. I'm sure you will not be up there bowling 24-7. Don't you think there is a mental side to the game aswell. I'm sure this is a subject that will be touched on while people are up there.

Back
Top Bottom