Ebonite Infinite One

J

Jeff Ussery

Pin to PAP Distance: 4 3/4"
Preferred Spin Axis to PAP Distance: 5"
Balance Hole: None
Surface Preparation: Box Condition

What I Was Looking For in this Ball and Layout:

In my preparation for the Mini-Eliminator, High Roller, and True Amateur Tournament in Las Vegas, I was looking for a ball that just flat out hooked. No better way to find this than to drill the newest, most hooking ball on the market in a fairly aggressive position. I chose the Infinite One due to its coverstock aggressiveness and differential.

What I Ended Up With in this Ball and Layout:

I ended up with exactly what I wanted, which isn't too hard to predict given the ball that I drilled. The Infinite One is very aggressive in the front part of the lane and needs sufficient head oil to clear the front. I've chosen to leave my Infinite One in the box condition for the tournament swing coming up. My impression is that the ball may get through the heads slightly easier with some coverstock tuning. But this coverstock is simply aggressive and should only be thrown in heavier amounts of head oil.

I placed the pin in a 4 3/4" location from my positive axis point to ensure that the ball flared plenty. My goal is to use this reaction on the fresh conditions in Las Vegas when you need all the hook you can get. The Infinite One flares approximately 7" for me with this pin position. Consequently, this ball tends to make a smoother transition at the breakpoint as it is losing axis rotation quickly. I placed the preferred spin axis in a 5" position to create a smooth look down lane and to help retain axis rotation as much as possible. When you are looking at drilling aggressive surface balls with aggressive pin position, always make sure to use a slightly weaker preferred spin axis position to make sure the ball does not hit the pocket dead on arrival.

The Infinite One hooks far more than anything else in my bag. It is a few boards more than my Big One, and is arrows more than my One and Big Time series balls. If you are looking for the newest, most hooking ball that still has pop at the end of the lane, the Infinite One is the ball you are looking for.

Length from 1-10 (Early to Late)

Breakpoint Move from 1-10 (Smooth to Sharp)

Overall Hook from 1-10 (Low to High)

A picture of this ball and the layout can be viewed on our website if you are interested.