I Was Going to Dump On it but...................

F

Funky Chicken

Over the long weekend the NQ Championships, NQ Masters and Inter-City Shield were held at Kirwan lanes - the site of the 2003 Nationals.

I was going to have a crack about the quality (or lack there of) of the lane conditions, but there were some really excellent things happen over the weekend so I will concentrate on the positives.

Congratulations must go to the following:

1. Greg Langford (Ayr) and Tina Gates (Cairns) for winning the Mens and Womens NQ Masters (Open). I'm sure if you had conducted a survey of who people thought would win prior to the tournament, these guys wouldn't have rated much of a mention. However, they both held their nerve and bowled exceptionally well to beat a strong field of competitors. Well Done guys.

2. Michelle Duggan (Thuringowa) and Michael Taylor (Cairns) for winning the Restricted Masters.

3. One of the genuine nice guys of bowling Don Ramsay (Cairns) and his lovely wife winning the mens and womens Seniors Masters
(Who says nice guys finish last!!!!!)

4. Townsville Men and Mt Isa Women for winning the Handicap division of Inter-City Shield.

5. Burdekin for winning both mens and womens scratch divisions. It was particularly special for reasons known to them (Luv ya Rushy!!)

6. Chris Carney (Townsville Handicap Men) for a performance that was quite simply sensational. On a condition where not one of the scratch men could average over 195, Chris made it look easy on his way to averaging 205 over 13 games (11 Wins).

7. Finally, there was a tie for the most special moment of the tournament. It was split between Sam Nucifora keeping a straight face while complimenting Ian on the quality of the lane conditions
(I'm sure I could see your nose growing Sam), and the heartfelt and touching speech made by Ian Waters at the end of the tournament. I'm not afraid to admit I spilt a tear or two as it was really emotional stuff.
:D :D :D

Can't wait 'til Nationals coz "IT'S RAINING MEN!!!!!!!!!!!" :D :D :D

The Funky One!!!

First of all i would like to congratulate Burdekin on winning the Intercity Shield and also congratulations to Greggie and Tina for winning the masters. Finally congratulations to the other winners and all stars on the weekend and anyone else i forgot to mention.

Hey there Steve. Your shirt must be good luck. Shot 678 tonight and also made $19 in cash so i have to be happy with that.

Look forward to catching up with everyone in August and then again at the nationals where i hope that we can kick some southern butt back to where they came from.

Didn't think it would be to long before you posted on here :D

Well i would like to thank our Burdekin Team for bowling the way they did and proving that we could defend our title once again.

And a special thanks goes to my PINK B!*%C without it i wouldn't have been able to bowl the way i did LOL hahahaha you know what i mean steve :wink:

Anyway i think a good weekend was had by all. I know i had a pretty crazy time.

See you at the CURRAJONG SKINS in JULY

Frank

Is that the Greg Langford (Policeman) that bowled at Clayfield
If it is say hello to him for me.

Ricky Cox

Shame you let that old man beat you in the Masters Frank lol
Maybe you should have gotten the Pink B!*%C out earlier .
See ya at Currajong

Back
Top Bottom