I am on fire?

Well done Matt.....on the high game.

Practice , Practice , Practice .....

Your making good progress, its a long journey, take your time and enjoy the ride...

Thanks.

I have been building up with my exercise in tenpin bowling lately aswell. Just knowing the way how my arm swings and my legs moves. Sometimes i get my right foot in front instead of left (im right handed!). Its confused for that case. But my handling is much better than before.

Targeting is improving! Gotta love the turns and smash the 10 pins easily with the Plague!

Dont worry. Im pretty ****ed up now. Average of 125 for 9 games is very ****ed up! thanks for wasting my money on new ball to be ****ed up. now im wasting everything on my life to become bankrupt because i am ****ed up

Hey Matt, learn how to spot someone joking with you and calm down with the "FFS'ing"... seems above you didnt refer to the oil but the ball in this post above.

Chill out a bit...

I'm having the most terrible time, trying to be patient enough to wait for the posts on this thread on and after the 3rd of January!!

There MUST be some way to make the time go faster.!!!???:please:

I'm having the most terrible time, trying to be patient enough to wait for the posts on this thread on and after the 3rd of January!!

There MUST be some way to make the time go faster.!!!???:please:

you arnt the only one! lol

there were some pretty funky patterns at this year queensland world cup

I think it would be a good idea if a few people did a Google search for Aspergers Syndrome and see what the symptoms and disabilities are that this young fellow exhibits.
He most likely has an IQ exceeding that of half the idiots that have posted stupid comments on here.
As well, I believe he has a hearing impairment too.
So I hope that makes those that wrote negative comments here think twice about what they have said.
For those not smart enough to actually do a Google search, Aspergers is a form of Autism affecting the higher function areas and social interaction is difficult for those afflicted with this disability.

I think it would be a good idea if a few people did a Google search for Aspergers Syndrome and see what the symptoms and disabilities are that this young fellow exhibits.
He most likely has an IQ exceeding that of half the idiots that have posted stupid comments on here.
As well, I believe he has a hearing impairment too.
So I hope that makes those that wrote negative comments here think twice about what they have said.
For those not smart enough to actually do a Google search, Aspergers is a form of Autism affecting the higher function areas and social interaction is difficult for those afflicted with this disability.

Most of the people on here don't know that, its not really something you should advertise, and some people have given advice to try and help him,
but the comments are on a computer, people are going to judge you on what you write,

Most of the people on here don't know that,

That is one of the problems associated with forums. People are judged for what they write or how they write it without any thought towards who the person may be.

Matt,

As has already been said mate... Keep practicing and don't give up. It will get frustrating but be persistent. Set yourself achievable goals and when you reach them set new ones. Also, remember " Strikes for show, spares for dough" Like I tell my kids... the difference between averaging 140 and 160 is 2 spares. Work on that and you will get there.

Or 1 strike mickyd213 :)

I have a theory on myself about practising. I wouldn't practice for tournament because i think the energy and mentality would be lost!

Woah Matt .... Gotta pull you up on that one. Everyone should practice if they want to improve. Don't just roll up on tournament day and "hope" it comes off.

Don't worry about your scores in practice shoot at as many different spares as possible. No real point striking if you are practising.

"Most of the people on here don't know that, its not really something you should advertise, and some people have given advice to try and help him,
but the comments are on a computer, people are going to judge you on what you write"

I dunno mate. Practising is killing of mentality for the games. The more practice i get the lower scores i get. This what have been happening to me lately!

Practice does make you better.
You can ask any elite tournament bowler and i'm sure they will be glad to tell you how many hours/days/months and years they have spent practicing and fine tuning their games to get to where they are now. There is no shortcut.

I dunno mate. Practising is killing of mentality for the games. The more practice i get the lower scores i get. This what have been happening to me lately!

majorly disagree with you, when i use to go to coaching, for a very long time, i seen Mr Bottomley practice 3-4 games everysingle week a couple of lanes up for a long time, I'm not sure how many other days he practices as well, but if he is still practicing with the results he has and your saying you dont need practice with your results?? i seriously think you need to step back and look at yourself.

and to the comment about Aspergers Syndrome, I know Aspergers all too well, alot of the bowling community doesn't know i have/had it actually, you can never get rid of it, theres no mircale laser scanner to get rid of it, you can only grow out of it, no I dont have a hearing impairment but that doesnt stop him from reading what other people say and taking it on board and implying it to his game, I would imagine it would be hard to get coaching and frustrating for both parties, but the mind is a power thing and anything can be achieve if he wants it, its just how bad does he want it?

No matt, you dont have to listen to me, but coming from a past aspergers suffer and having got a little bit of results(only a little bit) in bowling you might just want to listen to everyone a little bit more. i know there are some bowlers out there that are more then willing to help if you wanted to be helped..

My 2c..

I'm still waiting for the 2nd of jan...

Practice does make you better.
You can ask any elite tournament bowler and i'm sure they will be glad to tell you how many hours/days/months and years they have spent practicing and fine tuning their games to get to where they are now. There is no shortcut.

I have been lucky enough to listen to Kieren Perkins on more then one occision, he has spoken about everysingle time an Olympic swimmer spends practicing for 4 years between each olympics, 1500m race = under 15 mins roughly give or take depends how fast you are. 3.9 years of practicing at 7 days a week getting up at 4-5am, training for 2 hours everysingle day = roughly around if my maths is correct 309600 mins, 309600 out of his life for a 15 min race? and if he failed, come back in 4 years and do the same routine again for another 4 years? and your saying practicing plays with your mind just once a week at a decent time in the day?

also have had the pleasure to listen to Libby Trickett talk as well, and she speaks about the same things but points out how much more effort it is for swimmers only in the 50m race?? race that lasts no longer then 25 secs and they are putting in sometimes more effort, so we do the sums again and 309600x60 = 18576000 seconds all for 1 race that lasts maybe 25 secs and if there not fast enough, pack up and try again in 4 years and do the same routine? and i'm only talking about the swimming? what about all the other sports?

practicing 3-4 games once a week doesnt seem too hard to me now..

i think matt you need to figure out what you want out of bowling then go for it. without something to work towards your just spinning in circles..

Back
Top Bottom