Chris Batson - Silver Level Drilling Course.

tonx

Hey guys,

Recently participated in the new silver level accreditation drilling course held in my state. It is a new course, that has been put together by one of Australias greatest ever bowlers, and up until recently, the Malaysian National Team Coach Chris Batson.

The course focusses on Dual Angle layouts, surface management and fit.

Thanks to all of the information out there on the internet, as well as years of experimenting with layouts through my proshops, most of the content involved I had already been exposed to through various different experiences, however every participant took a large chunk of information away from the course.

One of the most enjoyable aspects of the course, was that it was treated as an open forum, where DISCUSSION rather than Dictation achieved the end goal. As most of you probably already know, I am someone that can talk ball reaction all day, and meeting Mr Batson for the first time really gave a couple of ideas to the room that people had previously not ever had the chance to develop in Australia.

Thanks to a couple of donations of some reactive bowling balls from Qubica AMF, Strike-It Bowling and myself, every participant of the course got to have a ball drilled up for them from another participant, and surprise surprise, I got handed a TRACK KINETIC as a little bit of a side joke (soon to be donated to a junior as a surprise ;))

At the end of the course, every participant received a grading in the 4 different modules, and one participant received a role of "state drilling mentor" to help develop other drillers that did the course in the areas they scored lower in.

While not at all looking to discredit the person that was previously in charge of the drilling courses in Australia, a fresh faced approach from someone with different experiences was a very wise move, as Chris is definately up to date with the modern day game, and will rejuvinate the technical aspect of the game for both league bowlers and high performance bowlers nation wide.

I was impressed with Chris' knowlege base, and believe that the steps that are about to be implimented with the GOLD LEVEL course, will ensure that only the best drillers will ever reach Gold level accreditation in Australia.

Massive thanks to Chris Batson, Grant Eadie, Qubica Amf, Strike-it bowling, TBA and Werribee superbowl in making this course possible. I suggest any proshop in Australia sending their employees to this course to ensure that they stay 1 step ahead of the competition in their area.

lol I just posted in the other forum. But dito... and thanks for your knowledge also Tonx I will be contacting you about a few things including ordering of some of your brand quiet a bit in the future I'm sure.

Cheers Ash

Back
Top Bottom