how often do you update and recondition your bowling balls

T

terry parsalidis

hi guys!
just wondering how often do you recondition and update your bowling balls, i personally buy new balls every 12 months and recondition every 2 or 3 months to keep them at peak condition

Well i get mine de-oiled once a yr and just clean them every 2 to 3 months but yeh i got all new gear so kind of tried to buy ball but i have so yeh and maybe a second hand one on the way. hehe

every 6 months i get my balls resurfaced, or if its a brand new ball and it get scratches in it then i ask them to fix it;) and then i clean my bowling balls every week with ball cleaner, and try to get new balls every 6 months.

had a bit of a break so i havent purchased anything new in about 6 years :D

People who buy new balls every 6 months are mad, are you bowling that many games that you think you will actually wear them out? if you averaged 12 games a week for 6 months you wouldnt even have 300 games on a ball in that period. If you looked after it, there would be plenty of life left in it still.

Im getting a little slack, i dont even bother to clean them every week anymore :eek: I didnt bother about a time frame with reguards to resurfacing, when i noticed the reaction changed significantly or when it was tracked up too much, it was time for a resurface.

Samael said:
had a bit of a break so i havent purchased anything new in about 6 years :D

People who buy new balls every 6 months are mad, are you bowling that many games that you think you will actually wear them out? if you averaged 12 games a week for 6 months you wouldnt even have 300 games on a ball in that period. If you looked after it, there would be plenty of life left in it still.

Im getting a little slack, i dont even bother to clean them every week anymore :eek: I didnt bother about a time frame with reguards to resurfacing, when i noticed the reaction changed significantly or when it was tracked up too much, it was time for a resurface.

its like one new ball every 6 months, 2 if im lucky, and i bowl 5 days a week, and then tournaments on weekends.

how often do i update?

More than i should

How often do i resurface?

Never

How often do i clean?

Never

Clean them once a week...

De-oil them once every 2-3 months, or if reaction changes

Sand/polish whenever i need it

how often do i clean never, how often do i buy balls heaps, i dont really bother to clean the ball just leave it cant be botherd.

luke green

i probably should clean it n everything else...

and i would love to have the money to buy new equipment every 12months

As people who know me would know i go through alot of bowling balls. I feel that having the correct gear is esential to success in your game and like to keep up with current equipment. Normally i would up date a ball every 6 months but it depends on the ball and time.

I'll recondition them once in a blue moon, I clean my ball every week (just stick to using one ball now) by sticking it in a paint tin full of boiling water and dredging the oil out and cleaning it off with a steelo-pad.
Works pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom