how do you roll the ball

D

Dark Assailant

g'day every one just out of curiousity how do you roll your bowling ball there are three catagories

1. max side roll
2. moderate side roll
3. forward roll

i get moderate side roll, are there any bowlers who get max side roll out there at the moment.

There are 3 catorgries yes. However, they are...
1. Helicopter
2. Semi Roller
3. Full Roller

In the Semi Roller area you can have the degree of side-forward roll. Most people are Semi Rollers. Helicopter spin is usually found in the Asian countries, and Glen Loader used to be the only guy I know that was a Full Roller, but he isn't anymore.
Most people will answer Semi Roller. However, I believe your looking for the amount of vertical and horizontal axis tilt people get.

I get Forward Roll. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Later Da Cowman!

These are actually the 3 catergories:

1. Straight
2. Hook
3. Hook out of the house!!

Im a No.2 and some other poeple I know try to be a No.3, for them I say this:

"Have you ever tried your hand at a game called...Cricket?"
"You know it's actually a good thing if you can hook the ball from one side to another, but in Tenpin it's a bit different."

Well actually a lot different.

Toshio

Well im not sure what kind of ten pin bowling you do toshio but saying big hooking is cricket is silly, most off the best bowlers in the world are crankers, im not saying its the best way to bowl but its what your most comfortable shooting, and most accurate shooting

Well im a semi roller, get about 30 degrees of rotation (from straight down the lane) and dont really get much hook.

And Shaz, i think whatToshio was tryin to say is that people take looking good when there bowling over their score, like my coach always tells me, do i wanna win or do i wanna look good? And im only starting to realise it now.

Yeah I know what your saying ham, but, id rather spend extra time on my game, and practice harder and train harder.....and have both

When I bowl normally :confused: I bowl a semi roller, but when I get frustrated the ball flies down the lane at 40kph plus (or so the lanes at Strikezone say :) ) with full side spin. Surprising how that works...

Everyone has their own style, that's for sure!

Ducati 851 said:
Well im not sure what kind of ten pin bowling you do toshio but saying big hooking is cricket is silly

Im not saying that big hooking IS cricket, my point is that if you HOOK the ball from one side of the lane to the other you won't be very successful in this sport, as the "pocket" is located in the MIDDLE of the lane.

Now for the cricket reference:

Take Shane Warne for example, he spins the ball from one spot on the pitch across the batter, causing them to get out playing all around the ball and not hitting it. He's not the WORLD's leading Test wicket take for nothing!

If you can tell me the man/woman in the world of tenpin who hooks the ball from one side of the lane to the other and has world accomplishments please tell me and I'll stop saying the Big Hooking is like Cricket.
Eg: the most 300's ever.

Toshio

you know what you take this way 2 seriously, chill out, who gives a damn if u hook the ball like hell, if they like it let them do it, if it works for them let them do it! i bet uv cranked a ball in ur life time Toshio i crank the ball 2, it hooks alot, giving me massive pin action, so it works for me, i know other bowlers who crank it more then me and are on par if not better then me, so enuf of the cricket lark!

Birkett

Helicopter for me .... haha nah that was about 2 years ago .. although it's not all that much better it is better! lol nah i get alot of sideroll

Two rolls l do semi roller (side) and full roller (forward) mainly l am a full roller noticing that the track is going over my fingers. But l still do semi rolling out of habit and theres sometimes l just totally stuff it both up :p

Back
Top Bottom