2013 Sth Qld President's Shield Team and Development Squad - 1st Roll-Off - Final Results

qgirl66

Please find attached the results from Day 1 and Day 2 of the 1st Roll-off for the 2013 Sth Qld President's Shield Team and Development Squad held at Garden City Lanes, Toowoomba.

Congratulations to to the following bowlers who will now proceed to the 2nd Roll-off to be held at Kedron Bowl on 8th and 9th September.

BOYS
Sean Bowling
Zack Caldwell
Jake Otago
Jayden Leming
Brendan Woodley
Jayden Sutherland
Zach Kemp
Matthew Clague
Nick Hohn
Jimmy Margiolas
Ayden Lucas - Medical Exemption
Guy Lightfoot - Invitation

GIRLS
Rachel Manskie
Vicki Canfield
Maddy Kemp
Gabbie Vettiger
Ashleigh Caldwell
Rebecca Cohen
Kylie Bailey
Makayla Tritton
Kayla Moyes
Tanya Hewison
Ella Bridges - Medical Exemption
Kassie Baldwin - Invitation

2 Bowlers were announced as Members of the 2013 Sth Qld Development Squad. The remainder of the Development Squad will be announced after the 2nd Roll-off.

Thomas McDonald
Bradley Day

MANAGEMENT TEAM
Boys Coach - Donna Wingett
Boys Manager - Alice Margiolas

Girls Coach - Grant Otago
Girls Manager - Wendy Otago

Development Squad Coach - Joshua Kemp
Development Squad Manager - Karen Kemp

A massive thank you to Cindy Donnelly, Chris Wingett, Hayley Taylor and all the wonderful staff at Garden City Lanes for hosting this event. Not only did this centre do a fantastic job, they obtained sponsors for each lane the juniors were bowling on and presented a cheque for $800 to the State Team. Cindy, you and your team went above and beyond the call of duty and nothing was too much trouble. From the lanes, the machines, the awesome cafe staff who were just swamped with orders (and can I say the food was fantastic, so great to have some different choices), the lane draw prizes and yourself and Chris who were there whenever needed, the event ran smoothly and on time. Cindy you are a wonderful supporter of junior bowling and our association and we are so very lucky to have people such as yourself in this industry. So looking forward to having your company for the 2nd roll-off.

To my fellow committee members and management team Donna, Greg, Grant, Alice and Karen - THANK YOU for all your work in the lead up to this weekend and the enormous effort in running this event. Really looking forward to the next one.

To Maria and Len Bailey - Another big thank you for your work in organising and running the raffles. It is so great to have people that are just willing to get out there and do whatever it takes to raise money to send these kids off to represent their state.

To the parents, supporters, coaches and spectactors - Thank you all for being there and supporting these kids and cheering them on. You all helped to create such an electric atmosphere and it is just great to look over the lanes and see just how many people have turned up to watch. Hope to see you all there at the 2nd roll-off.

Last but not least - To our wonderful, talented, awesome juniors. I cannot tell you how much it means to me to see you all out their giving it your everything to make the team and represent your state. You should all be very proud of your efforts over the weekend on and off the lanes. The calibre of the field was top notch and it is one of the biggest roll-offs we have had in years. To those that were unsuccessful, I hope you have all gained something from the experience and enjoyed yourselves. You can all hold your heads up high and be proud of your efforts as we and your parents are.

On a personal note, I can honestly say that it was a fantastic way to spend my birthday. Not only did I get to share it with my hubby Grant and my two boys Jake and Sam but also some wonderful special friends and all our juniors who continue to blow me away with their talent. You break my heart when you cry, you make me smile when you are having a great time and you make me laugh when I see the joy on your faces. The only thing missing was our oldest daughter Dani who was away in Sydney at a beauty expo. Dani, when you get back, I need my nails done!

Thanks again one and all and see you on the 8th and 9th September at Kedron.

Thanks to Total Bowling for allowing us to post on this forum.

Wendy Otago
Sth Qld Junior Tenpin Bowling Assoc.

Attachments

• 2013 Sth Qld Shield - 1st Roll-off - Day 1.pdf
    64.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 2013 Sth Qld Shield - 1st Roll-off - Day 2 - FINAL RESULTS.pdf
    68.5 KB · Views: 101
Well done to Rach Manskie on topping roll off number 1. This girl has got a bucket load of talent and will one day be wearing the green and gold with pride.

Back
Top Bottom