History Quiz

In 1914 Brunswick released their first ever mass production bowling ball in the USA. What was the b

• Mineralite

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flash

• Striker

• Total voters
The Mineralite was the first mass produced rubber ball..And yes, I've thrown a few in my lifetime. lol
Although I believe it was a few years earlier than 1914.

wchester said:
The Mineralite was the first mass produced rubber ball..And yes, I've thrown a few in my lifetime. lol
Although I believe it was a few years earlier than 1914.

First produced 1906.
Can't find a lot of info on the others mentioned.

The Mineralite was released in 1914. The first rubber ball was the "Evertrue", from (I think) the American Rubber Co., made in 1905.

Non-bowling trivia - How many odd numbered leap years have there been?

OK OK I'll take the bait.... please explain....

But answer me one question first....

If you live on Magnetic Island what in the world are you doing spending so much time inside on your computer...?????

more of a hsitory lesson!

In the American colonies 9 pin bowling became the sport of the common man, mainly because they liked to gamble on the outcome of matches. A ban of 9 Pin bowling was attempted in order stop the gambling.

just thought the americans woudl like to see that :p

Jane,
It's been raining a lot, and there is no bowling centre on Maggie. :)

There have been seven odd numbered leap years.
When Julius Caeser instruced the priests to introduce a leap year every 4 years to fix the calendar, they got it wrong and put in one every three years. This was in 46BC. By the time they realised the stuffup, it was 9BC. They caught up again by having no leap years until 8AD. This means also that 4AD was NOT a leap year.

See: http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/astronomy/JulianCalendar.html

Even without the mistake, if AD leap years are even, any BC leap years must be odd, since there was no year 0AD. In other words, the leap year before 4 AD should have been 1 BC anyway.

ARGH!! too confusing.... my head hurts... lol #-o but I will have a look at the website as I am interested in that type of thing.

All of my birthdays have been in even numbered years.. :wink: :wink:

Yeah Frilingos whats the answer :X

The answer is Mineralite - first made in 1906 it was first released into the US market in 1914 (apparently)

mineralite

yes the ball was indeed taken on a world tour by brunswick staff back in 1906, but did it take 8 years to complete?

it must have been tough to break into the wood bowling ball market in those days!

Back
Top Bottom