The Bowling Quiz Game... Who/What am I?

Adrian got it!

I'm another one of Melbournes first generation of bowling centres, i hosted the first South Pacific Classic. I am(or was......)

Nah none of them, im pretty sure my answer is right because i saw a plaque on the wall in this place saying it held the first final.

..oh Wayne - the Hawthorn Bowl answer - is that 100% correct - the Caulfield Bowl Brenton mentions was in "Hawthorn" Road, Caulfield it was a converted movie theatre and I remember being there for the 2nd ATBC Nationals - yet I don't reacall a Hawthorn Bowl - now this of course could certainly be my memory playing tricks - so I'm not questionsing your accuracy - just being sure I'm not going completely mad [very likely].

Thx for the help,

Steve

Sorry for the delay - Wayne will get this one quickly I would bet......US PBA star who coached 2 National teams - a small hint, one was in the Middle East the other in Asia - name the Teams and the Coach.

Steve

..oh Wayne - the Hawthorn Bowl answer - is that 100% correct - the Caulfield Bowl Brenton mentions was in "Hawthorn" Road, Caulfield it was a converted movie theatre and I remember being there for the 2nd ATBC Nationals - yet I don't reacall a Hawthorn Bowl - now this of course could certainly be my memory playing tricks - so I'm not questionsing your accuracy - just being sure I'm not going completely mad [very likely].

Thx for the help,

Steve

For your information, the Hawthorn Bowl was known as "Golden Bowl".

Hmmmmm - no the Golden Bowl was in Camberwell Road Camberwell about 100mtrs from the junction - not Hawthorn.... I worked there in 1975 and 76, but thx Noelene for the help ...and Androo not Purvis either - the use of tense in my question I thought would indicate past - "coached" and "was" - but I grant you I didn't preface Asia with "was" so you'd have some claim to say I was not totally specific.. let me help..

1. Ex Rookie of the Year

2. Sadly - and he was just a great man to know - he is no longer with us.

Back
Top Bottom