The Bowling Quiz Game... Who/What am I?

I guess this one is a bit tough - so as we don't get bogged down with one question - I'll halve it - the Countries were...

Saudi Arabia

Indonesia

....name the ex Coach....ex Rookie of the Year [PBA], right hander who's nickname [well..one of them] was "Tarzan"?

Hi Steve

Yes you're right the Golden Bowl was in Camberwell. But there was a Hawthorn Bowl, this was in Glenferrie Road, Hawthorn, established in 1962 and was the first bowl in Victoria. ET also confirmed this info.

Thx Noelene the minute I read Glenferrie Road it registered - thank you for the help and pass on my best to ET pls - trust he is well.

Steve

I was away on holiday Adrian...
The late Jim Godman was from my part of the world...the San Francisco Bay Area (Hayward, Calif) and a member of the infamous "G" Squad..Butch Gearhart, Don Glover, and Jim Godman. Jim had a hard time coming to terms with the 'no alcohol' clause in his Saudi contract, as would most westerners. "Tarzan" was a gentle giant and once you got him excited he would stutter so much, you'd be on the floor laughing. It was all in good fun though and Jim will forever be remembered for his PBA career, including two Firestone ToC wins.

Wayne - I have to admit that I helped him "get around" that clause from time to time both in Saudi and in Indonesia - did you notice that his stutter went away after 2 shots of good scotch - what a great man, in every respect, Jim was.

ok, I suppose that is right based on what I asked. I should have asked what has it to do with bowling as well.

Anyway, your turn to ask again Mr Chester.

Well, Dick Weber would be one, Don McCune would be another (Father of Eugene) Struggling for a third though...

Hmm Jeff Fehr and Corey Husted aren't exempt yet so it wouldn't be there dads, little stumped on this atm

Back
Top Bottom