Help with bowling ball

D

Deborah

Hi everyone, I want to purchase a new bowling ball (mine is a plastic purchased 10 years ago and not used for the last 6 years) I have had it polished but I feel I may need a new one. I bowl straight and my scores since coming back are around the 120 to 130 mark. A lot of the problem is probably the bowler and not the ball but Can anyone suggest a suitable ball?

If you are a straight bowler, and you don't need to ball to hook at all, just feel like a new ball, I would suggest sticking with plastic.

The new reange of plastic balls around are all great and you are spolit for choice these days with the different designs you can get. (vis-a-balls, clear, etc..)

PM me and we can discuss at a little more length if you wish...

--------------------------------------------
~ Alan Shephard
TEAM BOWLING BALLS AUSTRALIA
Sydney NSW Outlet

www.bowlingballsaustralia.com.au
www.visionarybowling.com

[email protected]

If you would like to get a little more serious about bowling, an entry level bowling balls is your best bet. There is no way that plastic can be competitive in todays game as a strike ball. Spares are made with plastic!

Usual suggestions are the tornado series, scout series, power grooves and hits, however the best ball I have seen for an entry level bowler in a while is the SLATE GARGOYLE.

It has a strong (and driller friendly) core with a mild urethane cover, suitable for superhigh rev players, or low speed players. Works wonders on dry lanes!

The best thing about it, is that even though im not an 'entry level' bowler, I still use one for its durability and hit on lightly oiled lanes. They are also not overpriced, expecially for the results.

Ultimately it is the bowler that bowls the scores, however a ball that allows increased entry angle to the pocket does help a great deal. Perhaps coaching should also be on the menu.

let me know if you need any more info!!

Thanks

Andrew Tonkin

Thanks for the help, it is greatly appreciated. At least I will know what to look for when I purchase a new ball.:)

Back
Top Bottom