help needed

oaky

help need in finalizing the dates, names and league/tournament of Moonah's sanctioned 300 games can anyone see any mistakes or changes needed

2nd August 1988 Paul Lucock Premier
24th October 1989 Paul Lucock Premier
18th November 1990 Ian Bradford (Vic) Tasmanian Open
23rd November 1992 Sally Golding Birds
1st December 1992 Greg Richardson Premier
17th June 1997 Terry Paul C.C Carpets
31st March 1999 Paul Lucock Sponsors
29th July 2000 Adam Lucock Tasmanian State Championships
6th June 2001 Gavin Hawkes Suzuki Premier
15th May 2002 Matt Cramond Sponsors
2nd May 2004 Andrew Phillips Walter Rachuig Trials
8th June 2004 Simon Gourlay Centre
9th December 2004 Norm Green Centre
25th May 2006 Andrew Phillips Centre
27th May 2006 Andrew Phillips Hobart City Championships
29th June 2006 Ray Tilla Centre
29th July 2006 Chris Commane V.I.P Classic
31st July 2006 Chris Commane Wellington
5th August 2006 Rodney Radcliffe Tasmanian State Championships
12th October 2006 Chris Benson (Vic) TBA National Seniors Cup
6th June 2007 Andrew Phillips Sponsors
7th June 2007 Mike Dayton Centre

also does anyone know if John Rollins 300 (legit) was sanctioned on the 1-5-05 in a new zealand no tap tournament

and anyone know what date Norm Greens 801 series was in 1997

I know for a fact that John's 300 was not sanctioned.

Even though it was a legit 300, it's very difficult to sanction a no-tap

help need in finalizing the dates, names and league/tournament of Moonah's sanctioned 300 games can anyone see any mistakes or changes needed
2nd May 2004 Andrew Phillips Walter Rachuig Trials
8th June 2004 Simon Gourlay Centre
9th December 2004 Norm Green Centre
25th May 2006 Andrew Phillips Centre
27th May 2006 Andrew Phillips Hobart City Championships
29th June 2006 Ray Tilla Centre
29th July 2006 Chris Commane V.I.P Classic
31st July 2006 Chris Commane Wellington
5th August 2006 Rodney Radcliffe Tasmanian State Championships
12th October 2006 Chris Benson (Vic) TBA National Seniors Cup
6th June 2007 Andrew Phillips Sponsors
7th June 2007 Mike Dayton Centre

Note the two in bold:
Left-hander Terry Paull's 300 according to Norm Goodwin was bowled in Kris Jan Klaas League, at the time KJK and CC Carpets used to run adjacent to each other apparently, with one starting a little earlier than the other (KJK I think).
You could well be right that it was CC Carpets League, it was just that Norm was bowling that night, reckoned Terry bowled it in KJK - also said Terry drank a scotch for just about each strike he got too :D
Anyone who knew Terry at the time, knew he could drink like a fish, but even he was smashed by the time he got to the tenth!
Somehow managed to get the 10th, 11th and 12th and stagger off the approach and slur the words out and proclaim at the top of his voice to the cheering crowd "Where the f*ck's Lucock?' :D

Adam Lucock's 300 I had as 21st July 2000, I got that out of one of those AMF 'What's The Score' Magazines several years ago.
I can't find where it is now, could be anywhere around here.
I noted that they had mine marked as 10/5/02 in an another edition of that mag, and the bowl has it up as 21/5/02, so both are wrong. It was 15/5/02 as you've got above.
So the date you have for Adam's above could be right.
I'll give him a bell one of these days and find out.

Also, Paul Lucock shot a 300 on 27th January 2000 in Centre League, I believe this was sanctioned, he shot another on 1st September 2000 in Sponsors League and this was disallowed due to the ball he used being illegal.
I knew about the second one being disallowed, because I came out of retirement and played Paul the week after he shot that game in Sponsors League and he was telling me about it, it was talk of the house at the time.
oaky said:
also does anyone know if John Rollins 300 (legit) was sanctioned on the 1-5-05 in a new zealand no tap tournament
Not sanctioned.
Along with Rolins' 300 not able to be sanctioned, David Roberts had one similar about 5 or 6 years ago, Ash Riley had one in a VIP Classic which wasn't sanctioned, also Franklin chucked one in an event on 1-2 also not sanctioned.
oaky said:
and anyone know what date Norm Greens 801 series was in 1997
According to the man himself it was 289-265-247 for 801, shot in Suzuki-Premier League on 22nd May 1996 - it was rolled on Lanes 7-8.

Also, Paul Lucock shot a 300 on 27th January 2000 in Centre League, I believe this was sanctioned, he shot another on 1st September 2000 in Sponsors League and this was disallowed due to the ball he used being illegal.
I knew about the second one being disallowed, because I came out of retirement and played Paul the week after he shot that game in Sponsors League and he was telling me about it, it was talk of the house at the time.
lucock300gl3.jpg

And there's the proof that Lucock's 300 in Centre League was sanctioned, courtesy of the TBA website.
Centre League started back on the last Thursday in January, it was rolled on the 27th January 2000, it was the first night back for Centre League for a new decade. Not a bad start :surrender:
Just a bit of trivia too (useless info) - the night before that 300 was shot, there was big meeting as to whether Sponsors League was to be dissolved due to large numbers of player losses.
It was the first night since 1963 that Sponsors had operated as a 4-man team league rather than its traditional 5-man setup, under a directive from AMF in order to get the league to finish earlier to get social bowlers on the lanes earlier.
Sponsors had fallen down to 9 teams that first night, down from about 16 the previous season.....

Don't know how, because the January one for Paul was using the Pirhana with 3oz finger weight. All scores from that night were taken off him. The one in September bowled on 9-10 the ball was fine. so maybe TBA has frigged it up (shock horror).

I still have part of it at home where he took it out and destroyed it in the car park after it was knocked back.

If we're gonna put in 300's that are unsanctioned due to illegal gear, then Ashley Riley's 300 on 1-2 during the VIP Classic should go in. At least everything was legal, just the tournament not sanctioned.

ok so we have John's 300 not sanctioned

Norm's 801 on the 22nd May 1996

The Bowl Staff remember Terry's in CC Carpets

Now Was Adams 300 (remembering it was bowled in the Tasmanian State Championships) on Fri 21st july or Saturday 29th July

As for Pauls i have a couple of people telling me his 300 the first night back was not sanctioned and the ball being smashed True or False

29th July.... State champs weren't bowled on a Friday morning, plus it was my mum's birthday.

Remember it plain as day. Hit the pocket 3 times... lol

And yes, Paul smashed the ball in the carpark on the friday morning.... I had to clean it up since I worked that day down the back

Don't know how, because the January one for Paul was using the Pirhana with 3oz finger weight. All scores from that night were taken off him. The one in September bowled on 9-10 the ball was fine. so maybe TBA has frigged it up (shock horror)
I still have part of it at home where he took it out and destroyed it in the car park after it was knocked back.
Rightio. I've just had a chat to Paul.
Paul states that in fact both of those 300's not listed (27/1/2000 in Centre League and 1/9/2000 in Sponsors League) have been officially sanctioned by TBA.
It seems the night I came back when the talk of the Sponsors League one being disallowed, they were in fact talking about the one in Centre League earlier in the year. But I do remember the talk of a 300 of his being disallowed because of the equipment being illegal definately, and naturally thought he was talking about the one bowled the previous week, as you've alluded to above.
Seems strange though that no one ever picked up on it that there had been three and not two 300's ever bowled in that league prior to you getting yours the other week. Who knows, it's a strange one LOL.
I remember hearing about the incident of a certain Pirahna being lobbed over the railings out into the carpark, wasn't it his brother's ball or something? :D
The one in Sponsors was bowled with AJ, Adam Lucock and one other.
He said he was rather surprised when he received the notification of the 27/1/2000 game being sanctioned as his scores were stripped, as was mentioned above, and apparently it cost them the league that season.
So officially, rightly or wrongly you'd have to look at it, as it has in fact been officially recognised by the sport's official governing body.
It is noted that the 1/9/2000 game does not appear on the TBA website, but (according to Paul) that game was given the all-clear, and as you've stated, the ball was fine so there could be no other reason for it to be discounted.
So in fact he has the first two 300's in Sponsors League, I had the third and you had the fourth.
So it seems like there's been a monumental blunder somewhere in regard to it if TBA has sanctioned a game where its commonly known that the gear wasn't legal and the correct paperwork has been collated to state as such.

androooo said:
If we're gonna put in 300's that are unsanctioned due to illegal gear, then Ashley Riley's 300 on 1-2 during the VIP Classic should go in. At least everything was legal, just the tournament not sanctioned.
Same as Franklin's in the ATBSO v Moonah All-Stars tournament back in 2002, same as Trent Griggs' 299/792 where the league secretary forgot to put the sanction papers in to sanction the league.
Fact is, it isn't the bowler's fault that this has been allowed, it's TBA that has officially sanctioned it, therefore they are at fault.
Make of the what you will, but at least the Sponsors League game on 1/9/2000 would have to be put up.
Bloody oath we've opened a can of worms here ha ha ha!!
Just a pity inadequate records have been kept for quite some time now, really makes it hard trying to piece all this stuff together.

Just on a sidenote: You're good with gear and have a good memory Droooo, how many of those 300's can you place what ball was used to shoot it? :cool:

Let's see..... lol

2nd August 1988 Paul Lucock Premier Black Rhino
23rd November 1992 Sally Golding Birds Pink Strikeline LOL
1st December 1992 Greg Richardson Premier Yellow Dot, Excalibur was hooking too much
31st March 1999 Paul Lucock Sponsors Seawolf
29th July 2000 Adam Lucock Tasmanian State Championships Messenger Ti
6th June 2001 Gavin Hawkes Suzuki Premier Nighthawk Menace
15th May 2002 Matt Cramond Sponsors Nitro R/2
2nd May 2004 Andrew Phillips Walter Rachuig Trials Black Rock
8th June 2004 Simon Gourlay Centre Asian Ti Boss TEC2
9th December 2004 Norm Green Centre ninja
25th May 2006 Andrew Phillips Centre Immortal Pearl
27th May 2006 Andrew Phillips Hobart City Championships Bronze AMB
29th June 2006 Ray Tilla Centre Violet Gargoyle
29th July 2006 Chris Commane V.I.P Classic Bronze AMB
31st July 2006 Chris Commane Wellington Bronze AMB
5th August 2006 Rodney Radcliffe Tasmanian State Championships AMB Solid
12th October 2006 Chris Benson (Vic) TBA National Seniors Cup Black Widow
6th June 2007 Andrew Phillips Sponsors Ogre Pearl
7th June 2007 Mike Dayton Centre AMB Solid

Yeah ok.... I'm bored :)

Ha ha! Nice job! :D

That Messenger Ti Adam had was a good ball that one, Gav Hawkes pestered me one night until I borrowed it off Adam for the last game (he was throwing something else), first game I ever rolled with it was a 279 down on 1-2, after opening with a pair of high 140's with that old scarred up POS I was using :eek:
Also shot 650 on four different pairs of lanes in one night in Centre League when I used to bowl with Rodney Radcliffe, Nana & Woody (yes the night Franklin had that altercation with a SurePik!) and had the odd game here and there after that.
About 12 games and was carding around 230 with it, wish I'd bought one. :rolleyes:

Pity I can't find a machine that plays BETA tapes lol, I'd be able to say what Terry Paull's was.
I can picture it, but can't remember it off the top of my head.
Greg Richardson was lethal with that Excalibur, I remember him nearly cracking an 800 in Sponsors with that thing!
Sally Golding's still bowling with that pink Strikeline, unfortunately it doesn't quite score as well these days.

17th June 1997 - Terry Paull - C.C Carpets
Confirmed.
Spoke to Warren Burns tonight, he confirmed it was CC Carpets League, and that he bowled in the team against him.
Also said that Terry was so drunk that they had to pick up the ball off the ball return for Terry and put it in his hand.
Must've been absolutely off his guts and probably the luckiest 300 ever bowled!
There's no justice in bowling, but good luck to him all the same.

Ok we now have these Changes confirmed
1st September 2000 Paul Lucock Sponsors