Visionary Granite Gargoyle

androooo

hmmmmm......
Staff member
Possibly one of the UGLIEST balls ever. (Up there with the AMF White XS!)

Drilled 4" at 90 degrees for a nice even rolling ball, and it is just that. Now with my rev rate, even with a fair bit of speed, I am not a great fan of dull balls. This ball my friends, IS DULL... 320 grit to be exact. Even before drilling it got a trip to the ball spinner and was hit with a green scotchbrite pad to about 600grit. Running your hand over the ball, it feels like gravel... but that's just the start of it... more about that later!

Even at 600 grit, this ball needs a lot of juice. Carrydown?? Pffft... that wont stop it! On the occasions I have been able to use it it gives a great smooth roll, great read of the oil line, and solid hit. The big thing about this ball is that it gets more agressive the more you throw it. Running your hand over the surface after about a game on some pretty serious oil, and the ball feel rougher! It's like the particles have grown just like 5 o'clock shadow! Weirdest thing I have ever felt.

For the bowlers that need a smooth rolling heavy oiler, or for the knuckle-ballers that have no hand, this ball could be just the ticket.. If you can stand looking at a slab of Granite ;)

Back
Top Bottom