god i hate this sport :p

Cam S

BEEEEEEEEEAVER
How do u just lose ure shot????

I had a break for about 8 weeks and came back and was braining it bowling a nice relaxed shot with really nice release etc etc and now in the space of a week ive lost it.

Dont you just love to hate this great sport of ours :) :) sometimes

Seriously for the coaches out there what type of things can cause you to constantly put the ball out too far?

Today for example i was standing on 20 (my personal number is 10) aiming at 10 board and hitting 5 and 6 sometimes even 4, i am a pretty big bloke so i do have some movement in my shoulders but generally i am square at the line?

Any ideas and suggestions before i get on the phone to my coach?

Move your target in a couple of boards, or move your feet out?

The whole idea of bowling is to adjust to whatever comes along, regardless of what you have to do to make the adjustment.

Perhaps the lane oil was applied a little furthur down the lane? More oil in the heads can also allow you ball to skid a little furthur, making it seem that you are throwing it furthur out. Forget about your 'personal number' and make the adjustments needed.

Cheers!

Missing your target:

Too Much muscle in the shot starting from the top of the back swing and badly timed thumb release will cause a miss to the right.

Body position not square to target at foul line?

Crooked swing - keep shoulder lever firm or at a consistent position at release
- Pushaway not towards target
- Release and follow through promotion not towards target

High body position at the foul line - try deep knee bend for greater accuracy
Looking too close to the foul line - may cause you to miss to the right

Walked too far right - therefore you will miss to the right - Check your stance position and your pivot before you start!!! You did not say the most important check point of where your foot slides in at the foul line?

Keep practising and don't hesitate to call a qualified coach

Cheers
Gail Torrens

Hi, check your set up position, make sure your ball is not to close to the centre of your body. Check that it is in line with your shoulder. If your swing is relaxed and your set up is correct, then your swing should go towards your target.

Back
Top Bottom