Giving your ball extra length....with what polish?

Hi Guys,

Need some ideas and advice. On lanes that do not have much oil, or the not much oil and the pattern has been broken down as well I find it so very very difficult to get my ball to skid enough or have enough length so that it gets down into the corner of the lane when playing deep. It will sit up early (not go long enough into the corner) or I have to throw it to wide which makes it sit up and lose energy by the time it makes the pocket. If I play in closer my angle is not a nice and thus more single pin leaves. I can take revs off the ball and change to a different line but that is another discussion all together.

What do you guys use or do to your ball that you find works best to give your ball length. I have tried polish and extender polish but this is not enough on the conditions I want the length on. It would be great to find something that will help my ball go long enough to get into the corner from a deep line before coming back and thus create the better entry angle and help my ball retain its energy for when it hits the pins.
I know I could redrill my balls etc but I was looking more for something I could do to the ball easily for those dry lane conditions.

Edit: Is the Black Magic Polish Range any good?
http://www.ultimatebowling.com/ballcare.asp

Track "Delayed Reaction" I think it's called is very good...

If you want something to calm down the backend a little, look at Neo-Tac "Control-It" or Valentino's "UFO".

I use Valentino's polishes, and they're great. If I need more shine and pop, I use "Bean's Secret Sauce"

In the past I have always used Ebonite's Extender Polish, has seemed to work well.

However, I have always found at Aspley that any ball I polish up is tracked out and dull again within 5-10 games at most, so I'm not sure what use there is in doing so at that particular centre. At one stage a few years back I was polishing the same gear every single week, these days I don't bother as much.

You could also try not hitting up on the ball so much, l can gain several extra feet of skid by changing the way l follow through the shot.

Polish really just delays the reaction, you'll find that it may cover the same amount of boards, just in a different shape. What you should look at is changing the surface of your ball to maybe a 4000 abralon then polish out of the box, if you really want to kill it, do 1000, then 2000, then 4000, that will certainly cut down most hook.

I'm using Black magic XL "extra length" and it's working well.

You could also try and increase your axis rotation for extra length.
This has improved my game a lot...

Polish really just delays the reaction, you'll find that it may cover the same amount of boards, just in a different shape. What you should look at is changing the surface of your ball to maybe a 4000 abralon then polish out of the box, if you really want to kill it, do 1000, then 2000, then 4000, that will certainly cut down most hook.

I find it hard to believe George knows what 1000 abralon is let alone 4000, but he is right, I have quite a few balls sanded to 4000 abralon, most are at least 2000 abralon with the Storm Step 3 finishing 1500-2500, followed with a concentrated dose of extra shine. Also changing the way the ball is sanded can delay backend reaction if that is too much.

Back
Top Bottom