Getting Sponsored...

Status
Not open for further replies.
brown beach boy said:
Yes you are right Max thats what i am saying. But what i am also saying is that you have claimed some of these peoples results when they werent throwing the equipment that you sell. ie: Ashley Riley won with a brunswick ball yet you went on the net to say Congrats to BBA team member on his win in the Australian Masters when he didnt throw your gear.

Sam, its funny how you've seen an opening to attack BBA, and you are trying sooo hard to take it, but you simply have no idea what you are doing.

I shot a 300 with a Brunswick ball, ive also shot around 8x 750plus series with Brunswick balls recently. Guess who I brought them off? You don't need to bowl with VBP exclusively to be a team member of BBA, you just have to have the right attitude, and want to bring value back into the Australian Bowling scene. If you have a problem with it, BITE ME!

I would like you to go over that congrats post for Ash, and find once where the name VBP was mentioned.

and little Johnny!
Tonx for once i agree with you.. but only once

Gemma must be turning you soft!

tonx said:
and little Johnny!
Gemma must be turning you soft!

No you just said something right for a change as you done so just again, you must be getting over that really bad case of foot in mouth disease. lol

If you take a look at timing it does look like a poke at BBA for again giving sponserships to some of the best talent and sportspeople in the land.

Bowling Balls Australia said:
Cheryl - the timing of Michelle's original post was so absolutely having a go at our bowlers, something had to be said. The thread was personal right from the very first post. There was never a need for Michelle to post the thread she did, unless it was having a go at someone or something and I guess just a coincidence we made our announcement a matter of moments before her thread.

MAXAMILLION, I THINK YOU NEED TO GET OVER IT!!!

I have spoken to some of the guys you have sponsored personally and told them that my original post was NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU OR THEM. It just so happened that the timing was wrong....so be it.

GET OVER IT. Your sponsored guys did.

my original post must have been edited....

what i really did say was that I hope the rest of Australia see's how "great" the person writing for "Bowling Ball's Australia" (aka Max) really is.

He is showing his true colours fair and square.

As there has been a little confusion over comments I made in some of my posts......I would like to clarify as I said before I am not saying anyone on Team Bowling Balls Aus does not deserve their contract....they are all great assets to their sponsor and the ones I know personally have worked extremely hard for the results they have gained and thus deserve their contracts, none of those players have been given contracts based on a single performance. Those comments relate to events where sponsors actually offer contracts to people based on that one particular event. I also was not having a go personally at anyone else with a contract they earnt through good results and hard work, if you read my post i hope you will understand what my comments meant, as Michelle said there seems to be a lot of bowlers getting sponsored without putting in the hard work. If you have accumulated good results over a number of years then perhaps have a bad year for one reason or another I did not say you don't deserve that contract....as I said you have put in the hard work previously and deserve to be rewarded for that.
I hope this clears up a little of the misunderstanding about my comments, especially for those people I have spoken with about this.
BTW these, like Michelle's, are my own opinions and thoughts, not any one elses, so please read them that way and don't assume I am commenting on someone else's behalf....we may be women but funnily enough we can actually think for ourselves!
Cheryl

Michelle said:
my original post must have been edited....
what i really did say was that I hope the rest of Australia see's how "great" the person writing for "Bowling Ball's Australia" (aka Max) really is.
He is showing his true colours fair and square.
I normally just read such threads and not add further comments to such a healthy debate going on. However, when I saw this comment that brings back the last time this happened. Why are post(s) being edited? When is a person's opinion that bad that it needs to be edited for the forum's community viewing? Not only that you change any future readers going thru this thread as it is different to what it used to be for someone's post that has been edited. If you're going to edit a post please provide a reason like what Graham used to do so we don't lose track of why it was modified and it's forum etiquette.
This forum loses respect every time you edit someone's post without making a reference to why it was modified. Plus, you give Max/BBA a bad name as there appears to be a correlation between erasing someone's post and having an opinion on a sponsor, which I'm sure you don't intend.
Vi

philby said:
Dont be silly John hes just taking a breather while he changes feet.
Philby

Keep going old man..........

Vi, I removed a sentance from what she said. I also dont have to justify the reason why i removed it. To the original poster, it should have been quite obvious, however I will comment just for your satisfaction.

She took the level of abuse to anyone on this site beyond what we allow. I took nothing away from the context of the post, I just removed a totally unneeded abusive comment. I could have removed the entire post and placed a reason for it, however I made the call to not do that, and just remove the offending sentance. I would also do the same if the same comment was made back, however it seems Max doesn't want to stoop to that level. Different strokes for different folks.

If michelle wants to call Max what she did in the post, she is more than welcome to do so via pm, however most by now are over this topic, considering half the issue was a misunderstanding due to bad timing.

What im still wanting Michelle to do, is stop beating around the bush and come out with who exactly she thinks doesnt deserve sponsorship, why, and what the hell it has to do with her, as she seems confident enough to go all out on a good mate of mine, and create a topic that was designed to stir the bowling pot (which it seems everyone feels as though they need to do nowadays to make them feel special)

Putting all that aside, if you don't like the rules, don't play. Its simple really. If you wanna stir the pot, or constantly bitch about something (this goes for everyone) do so either through pm's, or find another way. The majority of us are sick of all this bull.

If anyone has taken offense to this post, I apoligise, however its something im passionate about, and have worked my ass off too damn hard to let people slander it.

Kindest of regards

Tonx,

Great reply, you state u edited Michelle's post because of abusive language which is not allowed on the site.... and then u use foul language towards Michelle.

Very professional.

Tonx,

Is someone going to edit your comment on this one. You took offence at Michelles post about Max, but then you make a personal attack on her.

I fail to see the differance here mate.

The same rules for all please. This is why the TBA will not post on this site, because the moderators change peoples posts.

You have the power to do this, but you should not have changed the post. If you thought it controvened the rules you should have removed it.

tonx said:
What im still wanting Michelle to do, is stop beating around the bush and come out with who exactly she thinks doesnt deserve sponsorship, why, and what the hell it has to do with her

Here Here. Isnt it quick for every one to jump in and bag BBA. Reading this is very amuseing how people beat around the bush, and not say what they really want to say. A lot of it looks like sour Grapes, Jelousley, and people comeing to peoples rescue, to stick up for there friends. Dont be scared to say what you feel, your behind a computer remember?????

Yeah big man TONX delete abuse an u write abuse 3 cheers for tonx i always get a laugh out of reading garbage why do ppl worry if they think they know wat is going on why do they bother arguing

Vi, I removed a sentance from what she said. I also dont have to justify the reason why i removed it.

That is sensational Tonx!
That is exactly what we all wanted to hear coming from a moderator on this site. I hope Jase has a word to you in the near future and discusses what your privileges include as a moderator on this site.
I would hate to see this site lose credibility due to the fact that blokes like you think you can edit whatever you like on the site as long as it keeps you happy and doesn't offend your mates! :mad:

The best thing you could do as a moderator is close the topic so all the crap ends here and none of you continue to look like school kids.

PS to BM2, you say you can't get sponsored. I think you may be forgetting the time that Lane#1 sponsored Jagga to go to the senior champs in Guam? :confused: Bring it on Broni :p Slap her for me Jagga, because i know you were at work painting when she typed that. :p

I am going to have my final say and hopefully that can put it to bed.

Michelle, I reluctantly acknowledge your initial post may have just been due to poor timing - however when you added fuel to the fire and made a derogatory comment about BBA and our team.................If you had done the right thing and cleared up the matter with something simple like "my posts have nothing to do with BBA's new appointments", things would not have got out of hand.

If you read my posts carefully, at no stage did I label Jason a glamour boy and in fact whilst I have not met Jason as yet, I DO have the utmost respect for his achievements and his input into bowling. The "glamour boy" comment was directed moreso at the people with big scores who seek the freebies and the limelight with no desire to give anything back (and they are around the place).

As far as "If you guys wanna help the game so much, why don't you sponsor an event instead of turning up to events that are sponsored by other ball companies and promoting your balls at their event. If you ask me, this is the lowest form of business." Tournaments - we have done, are doing and will continue to sponsor tournaments Michelle, and as far as turning up at events and promoting our balls go, if we go to actually bowl and people approach us enquiring about our brand, tell me what should we do?

As far as the "which Jason I would rather have", I apologise for that statement Jason - that comment was written purely on emotion and was poorly done. It was not a personal slight, I am however, extremely proud to have "our Jason" in our team, that is what I SHOULD have written.

Cheryl - I can for obvious reasons see why you supported Michelle's initial comments. However, I will stick to my guns - success to a sponsor is not always measured on the lanes.

Sam - like it or not, you have to accept that Visionary is here to stay and is EVERY BIT AS GOOD AS YOUR PRODUCT. If you took the time to do some research you would find out the owners of Visionary have been involved in the manufacture of bowling balls for a VERY long time. Are the names of Ebonite & Hammer familiar to you at all? Check it out and then you may realise that more than "only 1 in 4 or 5 are any good" (end quote).

As Gavin indicated in a previous post, I am extremely proud of what we have been able to achieve - we have brought the price of bowling equipment down to a more respectable level, we have introduced a great new product into the Australian bowling scene, we have given away numerous balls, bags & etc for tournament and raffle prizes and also given some fantastic people opportunities which they may not have otherwise had. When people have a shot at what we have done, without even thinking or knowing, of course it is going to raise the heckles - as it would anyone.

I rest my case............Max

Ok I have sat back with the rest of the Australian bowling community and read this post for long enough. Michelle has posted her post for what ever reason, some people have read it one way and some have read it another. I my self felt no reason to post until now. All I will say on this topic is that for what ever reason it was posted I ask that you all start another one for the right reasons and maybe like Cheryl did in her last post explain your selves clearer than what most post's have been on here. The problem is there in no personality’s when reading a post. You can read the same post in a different tone and it can mean so many different things in so many different ways.

Cheryl, Michelle, Max, Tonx, and the likes if you can’t play nice then do it all in a PM please.

Vi- Now if you have a complaint or have lost respect for my site or this forum because something that shouldn’t have been aloud to be read was removed well perhaps you should look else where for another forum to read. This forum or site is not here for people to get great pleasure out of reading insulting comments posted about other forum members. Complaints you can PM me about and I will go through the rules with you and make it a little clearer if you would like.

TOPIC CLOSED

P.s I know which Jase I wanna be;) ;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom