Getting Sponsored...

Status
Not open for further replies.
All in all doesn't it just come down to attitude on and off the lanes????
No one would really want to sponsor someone who is a hot headed fool who doesn't do well and carries on.
Also maybe just a bit of loyalty towards the product as well??

anyway thats my 2 cents worth

Bowling Balls Australia said:
As far as it getting personal, that is EXACTLY how this thread started in the first place.

Listen here - I did NOT make any personal attacks on this site, therefore YOU shouldn't have. Just shows how low you can go.

Don't bring Jason in to this - it has nothing to do with him what I think and what I say.

Jason has actually just walked in the door and read what has been said. Even though he is a glamour boy (and previously Cleo Batchelor of the Year!) He does think that the effort on and off the lanes that he has put into this game and this COUNTRY is a lot more than some guys selling visionary bowling balls. And, if you think I don't do any promotion for Hammer bowling than ask the kids from the NNSW Shield Team who I spent pretty much all day with on Saturday.

If you guys wanna help the game so much, why don't you sponsor an event instead of turning up to events that are sponsored by other ball companies and promoting your balls at their event. If you ask me, this is the lowest form of business.

If you or any other bowlers have a problem or query about anything, ring me personally, I will make time to speak to anyone. this is the first time i've ever spoken on this site and you have the nerve to bag me. This will be the last.

p.s. Coconut, its Michelle again - I won't be going to Melb, think I need a rest from bowlers! Although, I think I should be a bodyguard for Jase as people like to personally attack him for some reason - must be because they are jealous he is so glamerous.

Jase is jumping around the house yelling "it's HAMMER time - and theres all hell to pay"

I think what Max said about some of the requirments for sponsorship is correct, and I also agree that there a few sponsored bowlers whos sponsorship as gone to there heads but that is in all sports.

I would love to be sponsored don't care who, it would open a lot more opertunities for me, but for me a i can't travel because of work so that stuffs me, But I always will bowl my home center tournEY,"Orange Open", and hopefully I will be able to make the 2 national tourneys this year.

I am a storm product user,but its not the product it is how you use it, but what I think BBA and Visionary are doing is great, please Max correct me if I wrong but, it seems that there requires dont have international tourney as a mandatory require,

(for example;
Belmo is luck to be home for acouple days then he is off to another country, we worked out that last year he was at home for only about 3 months of the year not including australian tourny,So I think that is a big commitment to your sponsor.)

which is good for bowlers, because going overseas is a very costly.

If you all remember Visionary would not pay the high price to get in to the pba so that is why you don't see a lot of visionary advertised in the US.

Also remember there are bowlers out there who are friends of sponsored bowler and get stuff of them so it can appear they are also sponsored but arn't.

I have found that Max and the crew have alway been helpfull and have never once suggest that another product was better then another unless asked for some ball comparisions.

Anyway thats my opion

Cheers

Ok once again i was going to stay right away from this one..but after reading it i have to have my two cents worth..

I have to agree with Coconut i do think Michelle's post was taken a bit the wrong way to start with and was no way a personal attack however seems like Max has taken it as one.

the comments regarding the "Jasons". it was has concerned me.....alot ppl will know that i am good friends with both of these guys on and off the lanes and have been for quite a few years. They have been dedicated to the sport for years with both of them have fantastic results for their Country and also both of them putting alot back into the sport by helping out the juniors.

As for "Glamour Boys" yeah we all know Belmo likes to look pretty :) and Jason W has had a image change since been with Michelle (for the better):) but they also do the hard yards on the lanes and off. They promote there company 100% and would be an outstanding asset for any manufacturer and i am sure there companies are more then happy with them.

This is an open forum for open discussion so lets leave the person comments out of it especially when it is about 2 well established bowlers in the country who have done nothing wrong and hadnt even made any comments on the topic.

After saying all of this.....everyone should go out and buy a TRACK bowling ball because they are the best on the market and i support them 100% just like they support me :)

See u all at AO..hope everyone plays nice :)

Whether people agree with who is sponsored or not, or how many it matters not, because guess what? It is the sponsors money and they can sponsor whomever they want for whatever reason they choose.

Wow, hot topic!

Firstly, i'd like to ask Michelle if this thread was actually made specifically to attack BBA/VBP, because as a regular poster on forums, I know assumptions are made all the time, and thoughts can easily be twisted negatively.

Secondly, from my observations, when Bowling Balls Astralia came to exist, and they introduced a new brand, it took off quite quickly. This was based on a great product, backed with good solid business skills, and alot of team work.

I also kept hearing about all these bowlers who were going around telling everyone that they were being sponsored by VBP. I really didnt care what they said, as it always looked to have positive results on sales, however to some, it may have looked like we went around and sponsored everyone.

BBA offers a great product called test staff, which allows bowlers to gain alot of gear at quite a good rate, and it includes the shirt, bag etc etc.. This can also SOMETIMES be looked at as full sponsorship.

At the moment, our staff line up is a formidable force.

Muir/Bottomley- Up there with the greats!

Jase/Pilkington- Both intimidating opponents, 1 an ex-Australian record holder, 1 breaking through for his first win this year.

Madden/Wilton- Highest ranked female yth, and one of Australias greatest ever female bowlers.

Tell me 1 person in that line up that doesnt deserve a contract? These guys/gals are all looked up to by the majority of bowlers, all have solid games, and have all supported BBA from start to finish.

Not only that, we ALSO have in conjunction with Gavin, a youth development squad. These are the up and commers of Australian bowling. Its a damn expensive sport, and any help that can be given to Junior/Youth bowlers should be 100% welcomed, and encouraged. Mel, Pringle, Luke, and yes even Hamish (the pain in the ass) are all potentially the future of this sport, and if BBA and Gav can assist them to the top, and gain brand promotion (to earn them a living) then best of luck to them!

I've given away (out of my own pocket) free bowling balls to some junior bowlers who either can't afford new gear, or can't afford to bowl tournaments going in with old gear, and not standing a chance to win. Go on, tell me that old gear can win tournaments, and ill bet you can't name 1 tournament won with gear that is over 2 years used....

Michelle, I do agree that there are a few bowlers out there that really havent done anything with their contracts, and havent done much to deserve these contracts. Its not for me to say who I believe these people are. I also believe that there are super bowlers out there that probably do deserve some sort of contract, but they just either can't be bothered searching for it, or prefer to work their asses off on their game first, and then worry about any sort of staff status.

What I do believe, is that if companies want to waste their money sponsoring bowlers that don't sell gear, then that is ENTIRELY their right, regardless of what anyone else thinks. As I always say, to each his own......

Wow, long post :p

Just for the record..if u read Michelle's first post no mention of BBA or visionary.... as i said think it was taken the wrong way.

Just putting my two cents in and a bit of information for you.

I know for a fact that Jason Walsh promotes HAMMER balls to the best of his ability, On and off the lanes. Prime example being SA cup this year: Isaac Elliot - a local bowler in Adelaide, was bowling next to Jason W throughout qualifying. He liked what Jason was using, so he asked him a little about the balls. Jason gave all the information Isaac wanted, helped out where he could and then Isaac went out and bought 3 new HAMMER Balls.

Now if thats not promoting your company and doing the right thing by them, then I dont know what is. Not only did he represent HAMMER professionally by giving information to a guy he didnt even know, but he influenced HAMMER ball sales when Isaac purchased 3 brand new HAMMER balls.

And I'm sure Belmo does the same thing.

Matt K

To put it bluntly..........it is business. Sponsorship is all about selling a product. Manufacturers have the right to pick and choose who they want, to sell that particular product.
Unfortunately for you Michelle, even though your post has credit and validity, it may be just a case of bad timing. Your thread was posted almost immediately after Bowling Balls Australia announced the signing of 3 new Staffers.
Everybody agrees that there maybe selected bowlers who don't do the manufacturers who support them any favours, but they are sponsored for one reason or another.
Personally,and I know for a fact , that the entire Visionary Team sponsored or not, are very proud people and I feel priviledged to be a part of our on going success.
As for Max.......he does have one problem , he is overcome with the feeling of pleasure and satisfaction over a business that he has concieved and it is a credit to himself.
Just like other manufacturers, both Max , myself and the entire Visionary Team have worked very hard indeed to create the Visionary label as a formidable force in the industry and that we are overwhelmingly proud of.

Best regards,
Gavin

There are some top quality people who bowl in the Seniors and very few (to my knowledge) are sponsored. These mature, helpful and downright wonderful ladies and gentlemen, both on and off the lanes, would in my humble opinion be a sponsors asset. They set a great example of sportsmanship, win or lose, to all who watch and associate with them and are always giving free quality advice/help to the younger generation.
And by gee, some of them can match it on the lanes with the best in the land!!:cool: Watch how they ENJOY bowling too.
Given Max's "criteria" for sponsorship there is a huge pool of champions among them, including a host of state, national and international representatives.
Finally, I am proud of Easy Tiger's (my son Tim) post. Looks like we brought you up with more than bowling credentials!!:) Well done.

Feral

No, I'm not sponsored but would love to try a new pill.

Ah but Jarrod has hit the nail on the head....where did Michelle mention BBA or Visionary...please point it out to me cause obviously I have lost the ability to read.
And just for the record Tonx, I'm pretty sure Trotts has managed to win in the past with equipment over 2 years old....just ask George cause it really used to p**s him off.
Cheryl:)

Coconut said:
And just for the record Tonx, I'm pretty sure Trotts has managed to win in the past with equipment over 2 years old....just ask George cause it really used to p**s him off.
Cheryl:)

Sorry mate, I should have said anyone MORTAL that is able to win with old gear. ;)

Jase/Pilkington- Both intimidating opponents, 1 an ex-Australian record holder, 1 breaking through for his first win this year.
Madden/Wilton- Highest ranked female yth, and one of Australias greatest ever female bowlers.

Correct me if im wrong and im sure Carl and most of these guys would agree but, Carl and Muir were great bowlers before they threw Visionary. These two bowlers will always be great bowlers and remembered for what they have done in the past you can only claim an acheivemant with these guys if they did it with visionary.

Jase/ Pilkinton again very good freinds of mine but again Jase did acheive a record most of us can only dream of but again did it with another brand.
Pilkonton yeah one for you guys he did break through for a great win and i even sold you a ball because of it Max. Even after you phoned me and told me that i miss qouted a bowler about visionary products.

Wilton /Madden two great women bowlers also they were number one BEFORE they went Visionary staff.
I suppose what im saying is unless you have an acheivment that a bowler of yours using your gear has done then dont qoute on here that they did it with your gear. Lets judge the equipment on the acheivmants they have done now with your gear.

For example: George Frilingos Just finishing 1st at New Zealand Open finishing 390 in front of any other bowler with any other brand. Winning 15 - 0 matches in matchplay. This is why he is sponsored.

All these guys are very good freinds of mine and in no way am i having a go at them im only using them as an example please understand that. They are all great bowlers in there own way.

brown beach boy said:
Correct me if im wrong and im sure Carl and most of these guys would agree but, Carl and Muir were great bowlers before they threw Visionary. These two bowlers will always be great bowlers and remembered for what they have done in the past you can only claim an acheivemant with these guys if they did it with visionary.

Nobody is claiming any achievement of the sort Sam, we are simply saying they are on our team and we are very proud to have them.

Get over it Sam..............

brown beach boy said:
All these guys are very good freinds of mine and in no way am i having a go at them im only using them as an example please understand that. They are all great bowlers in there own way.

Fantastic Sam!

So YOU also agree with me that our bowlers are well deserving recipients of sponsorship!

These bowlers did the hard yards, and now they are sponsored. Whats wrong with that? I thought this topic was about who deserves to be sponsored, LOL!

tonx said:
Fantastic Sam!
So YOU also agree with me that our bowlers are well deserving recipients of sponsorship!
These bowlers did the hard yards, and now they are sponsored. Whats wrong with that? I thought this topic was about who deserves to be sponsored, LOL!
Tonx for once i agree with you.. but only once :)

Reg,

Apart from a couple of senior bowlers who had their sponsorship PRIOR to attaining their old age status, there isn't a lot of interest with regard to sponsoring the older bowlers.....we know, we've tried. :(

Michelle, I am sorry that you original topic has been taken out of context - I feel that you made a valid point, and couldn't find anything making it a personal attack on anyone. However, on a more positive note, our congratulations to Jason (and the other one, too ;) and Jarrod) on his appointment to the Australian mens team for the world championships in Korea later this year (from the TBA website, dated 04/04/06)

Broni & Jagga Morgan

Yes you are right Max thats what i am saying. But what i am also saying is that you have claimed some of these peoples results when they werent throwing the equipment that you sell. ie: Ashley Riley won with a brunswick ball yet you went on the net to say Congrats to BBA team member on his win in the Australian Masters when he didnt throw your gear.

Max build a bridge. I think you need to "Get over it" you turned this personal and somehow thought you needed to defend your product and attack people for no reason...you were the first to mention Bowling Balls Aust where noone else had....noone said your "team" were underserving of their sponsorship....people were merely stating that unlike many years ago it seems much easier to get a sponsorship these days (again no specific ball companies were mentioned)...and not too many hard yards seem to need to be made and this is what Michelle was saying is frustrating to many top bowlers who have struggled to gain a contract by many years of consistent good results and hard work on and off the lanes.
As for me I will enjoy watching the "glamour boys" strut their stuff at Sunshine over Easter. Congrats also to the guys glamourous or not on their Aussie selections all well deserving players whatever equipment they are using good luck to them all in Korea.
Cheryl:) :)

As I said Sam, get over it..............

Nowhere did we refer to anything we sell, Ashley is part of our team - PERIOD.

And by the way Sam ,we have never claimed a result PRIOR to our relationships with these people.

Cheryl - the timing of Michelle's original post was so absolutely having a go at our bowlers, something had to be said. The thread was personal right from the very first post. There was never a need for Michelle to post the thread she did, unless it was having a go at someone or something and I guess just a coincidence we made our announcement a matter of moments before her thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom