game to game Best to worst

xcesiv

I was talking to some bowlers last night and the topic came up about bowling a high game, and then follow through with a really low game... or vice versa.

EG

279 followed by a 169

G’Day Warren,

Firstly no I am not stalking you. I happened to have this very conversation with Dad this afternoon.

I think I would define it like this and I fall into this category.

High game, low game, high game or any combination would be an Offical League Hack. 180 to 195 bowler.

Watch the Pro’s on Youtube or the elite tournament bowler in Australia and they will be consistent. As a kid I watched Dad bowl in 100’s of tournaments, the one thing that would stand out was the scoring over 40 odd games he would have a low game of 190 and a high game of 230 and would do that week after week.

Sure the lanes are different these days and the balls different. But as Jim Cross has said, we aren’t as worried about accuracy these days, more about high scores. So when it is bad, it’s horrible.

My goal is to remove the low and high games and be consistent. I would be happy to go without a 300 to bowl a 220 average every time I stepped up to bowl.

Can't vouch for the truth of this, but there was a story going around in the '60s, that one of the top bowlers of the time - Don Carter, Dick Webber, etc. - can't remember who it was supposed to have been.......................once bowled a 714 series.

The normal reaction to that was...So? Then you were told that the games were,...
300 - 114 - 300.

John... that reminds me when i bowled in the Borossa Valley cup about 10 years ago.

I averages 211.5 with only 1 game below 200 and high game i think was in the mid 220s from memory. I was Mr Consistent that weekend... but missed the cut by 2 pins.

Im normally fairly consistent in scores... but now and then i have an issue with carry which can quickly turn a 220 into a 190.

EG.. a few weeks ago bowled 6 games in a row first 3 shot a 762 followed by a 666.
Left 4 ten pins in the first block and 12 ten pins in the next.

Last night I had this same problem too
225 257 193 ... Last game carry down killed me leaving 4x 10 pins and a nasty split in the last game

Can't vouch for the truth of this, but there was a story going around in the '60s, that one of the top bowlers of the time - Don Carter, Dick Webber, etc. - can't remember who it was supposed to have been.......................once bowled a 714 series.

The normal reaction to that was...So? Then you were told that the games were,...
300 - 114 - 300.

WOW.... thats a drop and pick up

I have similar issues every week at league. I always have first game low score and then i quick fired up towards final two games. I dont know what is going on!

PS: I had 114 and then both final games in mid 160/170s easily.

I think my most inconsistent night was 299-184 (or something)-298

Was feeling really good about myself after that.

Bowled STBL a couple weeks ago at Orange...

First two game block = 200 & 279
next block = 135 & 135

bowled 220 ave for the rest of the day after that....

LAST TUESDAY NIGHT LEAGUE 118-191-230 GOING THE RIGHT WAY
SLOW PICKING UP THE PACE OF LANES

DAVET

Had a few ups and down over the years.
132-289 in the State Masters about 17 years ago.
133-257 in league one night a few years ago, 262-123 in league in the late 90's.
There's been a few others here and there.
Copped a hideously scorched pair of lanes in league the other night and went 180-180-150-230 then moved to another pair to pre-bowl, this actually had some oil on it for a couple of games and went 240-260-170-210.
Had some troubles adjusting to them hooking at the arrows :surrender:

Tonight, 1st game 277, 2nd 176..... I am clearly not a professional :)

Last night, 215, 300, 214, 257, the 214 could have been anything, didnt miss the pocket, but left 10 pins, 7-10s in the first 5 frames, then started stringing some strikes lol.

I too am without consistancy lol.

Bowling in league tonight...

1st game - 278 (front 9)
2nd game - 178 (three splits and 4 Solid 9s)

I'd give up the 278 for 2 x 230 games.

Last night for me was a shocker.

First game... almost couldnt miss. 266
Followed by 2 games of couldnt carry.

2nd game 4x 7 pins and 2x ten pins for a 188, with no consecutive strikes.
3rd game 167. more 7s and 10s,. Alot of single pins

I didnt think i bowled that bad... but the scores dont show it like that.

Back
Top Bottom